Stayed here for 2 weeks a fews years ago at the end of Oct/Nov, weather was great, rained a couple of times but didn't last long. Nice hotel for it's star rating and very friendly. Food and drinks were ok. The rooms were huge, we were given connecting rooms that had a bathroom each. Hotel had 3 pools, the large one with a swim up bar with a bit of shade which was nice. There is a bridge to the beach with a large pond under it with lots of fish the kids enjoyed feeding as they would all jump up for the food. The beach although very nice isn't white like others in the Carribean. Most evenings the entertainment was good. The clientele was really friendly and sociable.
There is a shopping mall and a Casino not far from this hotel, which were both good and made a change.
What I really wanted to review was, a trip we booked at the mall whilst staying here but was unable to find the trip description to do so. It was a lovely Catamaran boat tour that took us to the Bay of CAMBIASO or Puerto Cambiaso. It was a wonderful day sailing and when we arrived at Cambiaso we were met and welcomed by the lovely village people. They were all so eager and proud to show us the way they lived and invited us into their homes which were huts. You could buy sweets to give the children of the village (and you're own of course) and also some hand made items. The trip included lunch which the locals had prepared. Whilst we ate our barbecued chicken, there was live ones running around us! The beach here was absolutely lovely and the very friendly children of the village took you around they bay and even showed you how they caught fish themselves. It was a brilliant day out and the highlight of the holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic