This was a great resort, not sure what others are complaining about. We travelled with friends from Feb. 13 to Feb. 20. We have been to quite a few resorts in Dominican and Cuba and this is by far one of the better one. It is a small resort which is great for getting where you want to go quickly. Everything is clean and the staff are helpful and friendly.
I will start with our room. We were in 2204 which is directly across from the theatre. It usually quieted down around 11 and we didn't have to worry about getting chairs to watch as we would sit out on our balcony and watch the entertainment. It wasn't great but it was funny. They do the best they can with what they've got. The room had two double beds, which, as others have said were hard and had lumpy pillows but we were tired enough when we went to bed we didn't care. The room was cleaned daily and new towels were replenished every day. In the evening our beach towels would be exchanged as well by the maid which was fabulous as the towel hut never seemed to have clean ones.
The food was great at the buffet and the a la cartes. You can always find something good to eat and the desserts were fantastic especially anything chocolate. The wait staff were friendly and always quick to get you what you wanted.
The beach was great and the water was lovely. The beach vendors were doing their job but a polite thank you and they were on their way. They are only trying to make money to provide for their family. Louis and Nelson, excursion sellers, are great. We didn't book any trips with them but talked with them on a daily basis. The beach bar was great as was the food there. It was a limited menu but the fried chicken was fantastic. Every morning the security guard would bring us our chairs and we tipped him every day. You can reserve your chairs but don't be gone too long. People were reserving them and leaving for hours at a time which meant some people didn't get chairs. The staff, after seeing them empty for a very long time, would give them to others that were just arriving at the beach or laying on the sand; proper thing!!!
The plaza is only about a minute walk from here. They have restaurants, souvenirs, liquor and excursions. There is also an internet cafe called Froogies. Not sure how much the internet was at the resort but we heard it was quite expensive so we bought beer and logged on for a few minutes; you will have to ask the one working for the password. Apparently there is a market on the other side of the beach but we didn't make it down.
We met some great people while we were here, A big hello to Jim and Diane from NS, John and Nancy from NF and Basil and Jasmine from NS. If any of you guys read this email me please.
So all in all we were very happy with this resort and what we paid for it. We would return again with no hesitation and recommend it to our friends. Your vacation is what you make it and if you want to find the bad you no doubt can find the bad with anything or everything. We know what to expect and have a great time.
If anyone reading this has any questions they would like to ask please feel free to contact me. You will get an honest an unbiased opinion!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Otel, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic