BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 176
  • Free Breakfast
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 229
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 344
USD 310
Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 208
USD 195
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 167
Presidential Suites by Lifestyle(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 307
Travelocity
  • Pool
ApartHotel Costambar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
USD 50
USD 49
Hotels.com
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
USD 208
USD 168
Priceline
  • Pool
Tubagua Plantation Eco Lodge(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
USD 120
USD 64
3,643 results
All reviewsplaya doradablack pantherentertainment staffsnack barbeach vendorsdominican republicchickena la cartenightly entertainmentorange marketrecommend this resortresort staffpicky eaterlobstergreat triphave a good timerum factory
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went here with my friends for a one week visit and was extremely disappointed and am currently filing claims against them.
AVOID THIS RESORT

First of all on my last day while we were waiting for bus to the airport i spilt a drink near the dj booth and the security and staff framed me and said i spilt it on the equipment. Next thing i know they search through my suitcase and pull out my passport and hold it until i pay them $1400 American to leave. They also forced me into the back room and refused me to leave and even used force so i would not leave. AirTransit was in on the scam and so was the "tourist police". They had no evidence it was me and would not even show me the "broken equipment". I refused to pay and the tourist police forefully put me in the back of car and held me under arrest at the police station until i payed them.
Thankfully my friend payed so that we would not miss our plane and we just caught it.

Thankfully i have video of the whole thing and pictures and witnesses to back it up. This was unacceptable and am currently in works with a legal team.

Secondly the beach
The beach that borders with the resort is very small, unclean and covered with rocks. Nobody even wasted their time there

Third the food
The food that was served is very low quality and they only served pizza between meals at their "snack bar". Thats literally it.

Fourth the gym
Their is no gym and no access to any gym in any close proximity.

Fifth the staff.
The only good thing about this resort was some of the waiters. They were friendly but every other employee was miserable and literally asked you for tips for doing nothing..

I am very dissapointed in the actions that happened here. The only good thing about this trip was when we left the unclean resort and went on excursions

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Shane L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was an exceptional resort with beautiful grounds, good food (although the buffets could have mixed it up a little, and sometimes the food was luke-warm), the staff literally bent over backward to accommodate you! They never stopped working! Everything from cleaning the rooms, sweeping the common areas or even polishing the rocks - they never stopped trying to make the place "nice and pretty" for its guests. The hotel of course had all the usual facilities, pools, bars, a-la-carte restaurants (they could have heated the food up a little more too!), nice beach, and decent rooms. All in all good value for your travel dollar....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Francis I, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. Your praises of our staff is certainly appreciated by all us. We assure you we'll look into all of your observations.
Look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros:

- Staff are friendly work very hard and efficient
- Close to airport short drive (20 minutes)
- Shuttle pick-up and drop off on time and fast
- Used the in room safe for the week it was great bolted to the wall
- We came in the off season June 2018, resort was not busy
- Locals come to the resort on the weekend and they are very friendly
- There is security on the resort to keep all safe
- Bottle of water and pop stocked daily in room fridge
- Food tastes great, great selection at buffet
- Went to La Carte dinner at Michealangelo, had a great time with servers made us feel at home and friendly and good food.
- Pools usually up-kept and clean
- Beach was cleaned up every morning and very beautiful. With the hills in the distance
- Resort is clean. A little run down but beautiful. Lot of flowers my kids loved them
- Good entertainment at night and fun
- Family friendly resort, loved the kids pool.

Cons:

- The resort pushes very hard for tourists to spend money it was very annoying. They have usually 3 staff members standing outside the buffet waiting for guests to hear a 1 hour presentation on their products and services.
- The la Carte dinner pushes for the paid for menu first before the the all inclusive dinner
- Photography crew are out daily trying to take your picture and then asking you to come see them and buy them for $50.
- On the beach there is sales people walking around trying very hard for you to buy their products. Usually after saying no 3 times they would walk off. They would sit outside the resort on the beach waiting for the guests to come out and start bugging
- Room fridge was not stocked with water drinks when we arrived. Leftover food was still in fridge, after they stocked the fridge the food was still left there.

Good simple family friendly resort and not expensive.

Room Tip: Love the balcony rooms on the 3rd floor you see a lot.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank davidgrant989

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your vacation at our resort during your recent vacation to our hotel. We appreciate very much your observations while assuring that all will be evaluated in order to make the necessary corrections.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

My wife and I went back to the VH grand on may 9th to may 24th it was great. The resort is still the same >the food was good the beer was cold ,the room were clean ,the pool was clean the bar had what you went to drink. The staff were vary friendly and help you if need help. All I can say this is the six time we have been to this resort and get better every time.

Room Tip: the rooms on the east end face the ocean and quit
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Francis I, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your recent vacation to Puerto Plata, and that you visit the area often.
Although we suspect that this review is not from a client of our hotel, we still appreciate visitors express their satisfaction with the vacation taken to our city.
Please continue returning.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I’m going to start off by saying that this hotel was amazing. The people that work there make your stay 100 times better. Victor and Juan that worked at the buffet/snack bar were great, they worked hard but still made sure that you were having fun! Darwin at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating and made sure my family and I were okay. Jahino and Tracy were so damn funny and always had a positive attitude. The beach was beautiful. It was windy at some points but it made the sun more bare able which was nice. I really wanted to give this hotel five stars but we had problems with cockroaches in the washroom and the wifi was slow. The beds were very comfortable though and we had a lot of closet space. Overall, I definitely recommend you stay here. It’s a small hotel but if you make some friends with the workers and fellow travellers, you will have a great time. I’m already thinking of coming back next year.

P.s. most of the locals stay for just the weekends so I recommend you go to the disco on fridays or saturdays. Super fun

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Francis I, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

We are happy to read that you and your family were satisfied with the overall services of the hotel. We appreciate very much your mention of our staff's efforts to provide the attentive service that really made you feel at home.
We look forward to welcome you once again.