All reviews beer bar adult section oregano restaurant elite club jacuzzi on the balcony theme song tiki tiki personal concierge a la carte restaurants juan luis beach bar dominican restaurant playa dorada animation team cheeky monkey didn t work amazing vacation
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here early month of February for 3 weeks in the swim out room (building 16 sun till about 5:30 pm) worth the 300$ extra to have your own pool and go in at any time you chose especially for those late night private skinny dipping room was beautiful and new. Only 1 problem because of how they made shower doors if you don’t put a few towels on the floor you will have a flood in the room also bathroom above me water was dripping down into my bathroom not a good sign for a new resort. Everyone I spoke to has this issue.

House keeping was Rackel I wanted no one else but her she went out of her way for me! Wonderful woman big hug and kisses to you! Never anything missing in my room thank you Rackel Andrea helped me out a few times thank you so much hugs and kisses to you!!

mini bar was always replenished every day by Emanuel goodness hope I got your name correct (very sweet tall handsome dude!) Wilson was with him sometimes. I received a bottle of white wine every day as I was not much into what was put in mini bar. Thank you Emanuel remember guys a little tip to everyone that helps us out goes a long way! If we can afford getting away we can certainly afford tipping and everyone is happy!
By all means I do not tip those who are rude to me!

My Maintnance pool boy I’m so sorry I cannot remember your name but you know who you are you brought me a coconut 2x and I would give you beer and cigarettes it was my pleasure and all worth it for the lovely person you are and for keeping my pool clean so thank you!

As per the restaurants and buffet they were all very good! Thank you Eddy at the buffet day time shift he knew and explained to the cook how I liked my eggs served and the cook never forgot so thank you to the cook sorry I forgot your name. To Carlos night time waiter thanks to you. When I wasn’t in the mood to eat at one of the restaurants I ordered room service as it is included with the swim out nice touch!

Coffee shop nice touch had my cold extra strong coffee with Baileys every day. So sorry I forget my servers name but I’m sure you know who you are thank you!

The beach was nice but not the nicest beach I have visited or been to I never once had the chance to spend 1 full day out there except for the first day that I took a little walk. I did take advantage of my swim out.

They do have a spa and I received a 30min free massage but I never used it Go see Fanny she’s very helpful I needed my nails to be redone in gel but they do not offer this service at the hotel spa so Fanny set up an appointment for me in town at the Diamond Spa a lovely girl named Angela took care of me 10$ us!! Thank you Fanny and Thank Angela for me. Driving me there was a lovely gentleman named Guillermo so thank you for your lovely service hugs and kisses to you!

As per the entertainment team they are very talented beautiful people and they have a lot of talent with lots of potential but they can use a better choreographer. Thank you Hector little fit guy and knows how to move he is by far the most energetic fellow there along with Louise Monki and Michael. As per Esmeralda oh my god girl you sure know how to shake that booty!! As per the rest of the entertainment team everyone aims to please and they are all doing their best to keep the guests entertained every day with very long hours . I’m so sorry I cannot remember all the names but like I said earlier choreography/choreographer needs to step it up a notch. Hugs and kisses to all of you!

As per Carlos Guzman thank you so much for picking me up bringing me around in your cart taking care of me when I needed a reliable driver to bring me around. You were always there for me. I will never forget you are the one who went out of your way to find and bring me a brand new wheelchair so I can get around being in a cast this made my situation a bit easier for me. Big hugs and kisses to you!! I will never forget you!
Thank you to Denix De La Cruz when Guzman had his days off

Special thanks to Alba Sanchez thank you so much for all of the help you provided me you were always there for me. I will never forget you! Hugs and kisses to you honey!!

Thank you to Anne Deslauries rep with Sunwing who met me at the hospital and translated doctors medical report.

I may visit again in the future if and when I will book the same room. but for now I will keep visiting different destinations as I love to travel.

I heard this from several guests staying here Injury will continue to happen! please be careful when walking into the discotheque there is a step the minute you open the door to get in and because it’s so dark you don’t see the step. No bueno to the person who came up with this idea!

P.S I’m the girl who twisted my ankle/foot walking into this disco the second night of my stay. I Was in a cast and wheelchair for 3 weeks of my entire stay and I never really got to enjoy my stay at this resort.

Again special thanks to those who took great care of me I will never forget you guys! hugs and kisses
I apologize if I’m forgetting to mention someone in my review.

Trip type: Travelled solo
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

49onthego
Thank you very much for choosing us for you 3 week vacation in Playa Dorada. We are delighted to know you loved your swim out room and the excellent service provided by everyone in our team who made sure you felt very comfortable, especially the service and extra mile given by Raquel, Andrea, Emmanuel, Wilson, Eddy, Carlos, Fanny, Hector, Louise Monki, Michael, Esmeralda, Carlos Guzman, Denix de la Cruz, Guzman and Alba. They are all extremely honored you remembered their names and knowing you left with a piece of us in your heart is incredibly satisfying to all of us. We are deeply sorry you fell down and twisted your ankle, we sincerely hope by now you feel much better. Thank you very much for your lovely review, we will be waiting for you with arms wide open, Monica, Hodelpa Costumer Satisfaction Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2018

At check in you meet your personal consierge . His name was Danny and he was very helpful when i had a problem with my room. The food was always fresh and the entertainment staff was great. I hope to return soon..

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear oceanbreezeNY,
Thank you very much for choosing us. We are extremely happy you left us with a positive impression and Dany was always there for you making you feel like home. Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed our food and entertainment. We are looking forward for your return and waiting you with arms wide open! Warm regards, Monica, Hodelpa Costumer Satisfaction Manager.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My Son and I stayed here for 7 days. Beautiful hotel. Very clean in the eating areas and rooms. Our room was very spacious. Our cleaning lady Carmen was amazing...and man she can definately make a bed! She also was just a very pleasant kind lady.

The food was great at any restaurant we ate...a lot of variety. The staff at the hotel front desk was very helpful whenever needed.
I have to say i met so many of the staff and found them so friendly...Hats off to Danny Hernandaz...This is the MAN...Anything we needed Danny was there to help...i could be stranded at the beach during one of those flash rain storms and Danny would appear witb an umbrella in hand to escort us to our rooms if needed. Literally anything i needed i could ask Danny and he would figure it out! Thank you Danny!

Then there is the Elite Collections staff..all of them where friendly and just very nice..Tiffany is one of the sweetest people i have ever met..again super helpful with everything i needed.. Juan Pablo..also with the Elite Collections group was also very kind to us and helped make it happen for us to become members. The staff of Elite are very professional, super kind and friendly.

This hotel was a great choice..recently renovated so everything was pretty new. I was very happy with our choice.

Vanessa S.

Trip type: Travelled with family
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Vanessa S,
Thank you for choosing us to spend your vacation and quality time with your son in Playa Dorada. We are thrilled to know you loved your experience with us especially the service provided by our staff. We will inform Danny Hernandez how great he is doing. Thank you for sharing with the entire community how lovely our Vacation Club team is, we will definitely inform Juan Pablo and Tiffany your special mention. We are glad how much you enjoyed your room, hygiene, great food, restaurants a la carte, room service especially the service provided by the lovely Carmen. We are honored to have her as a part of our family.
When we read comments like yours it gives us an extremely high desire to keep up the good work, see you soon, Warm regards, Monica, Hodelpa Costumer Satisfaction Manager.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

So Me & My Mom Book A Trip To Emotions For February 13-20

Everything About This Hotel Was Perfect For Us! From The Start Of Our Vacation To The End!

The Staff Was Wonderful & Great, Always Had A Helpful & Great Postive Attitude, Special Thanks To Danny He Was Amazing! & Very Helpful!!
Also the Entertainment Team Was Great, The evening Shows Were Always Fun & Lively!! And Spanish Lessons In Morning With Luis & Beyoncé Was Also Fun. & Even Shooting bow Arrows with Adelifi.
The room was Perfect no complaints at All,Was Always Clean (Special Thanks To Carmen She Is the best) And Mini Fridge Was Stocked Regularly. The food was great To I mainly went to the main restaurant (buffet) and the beach side restaurant and loved them both especially the pasta bar at the main restaurant!
Also Wanna Give I Big Thanks To Elite collection Staff & Juan Pablo For being So Helpful and Working With my Mom To Get Us On Board With The Family!! Was Such A Great Guy always A Good Conversation With Him! & A Special To Thanks To Tiffany Also. If You Do Go to Emotions You should stop by and visit them.
All & All Was A Great Trip & Experience & Will Definitely Be Coming Back!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Dayne M,
We really apreciate you taking the time to comment about your wonderful experience during your stay at Emotions by Hodelpa Playa Dorada, we are glad to know we are doing great. We love the fact you experienced a perfect vacation from start to the end, that is truly our main goal. We have shared your review with the entire team & Vacation Club staff and everyone feels so motivated, and thankful.
We will be waiting for you and your mom with arms wide open, Sincerely, Monica, Hodelpa Costumer Satisfaction Manager.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Let me start by saying I don't write many reviews but when your traveling far and spending your money you look at some reviews which like I did. Prior to this trip I have never been to a all-inclusive resort so I wanted to make sure I was traveling somewhere that suited what I wanted out of my 5 day/4 night stay here at Emotions. Must I say that this resort set my standards pretty high. I traveled with my girlfriend who has been to a popular all-inclusive before and even she had many good things to say. Yes some of the other reviews are a little true with workers still walking around and a few things still being added to the resort like a ice-cream shop and casino. No loud noises woke me or did not hear any banging. This resort was very clean. Not to big and not to small. Great FOOD!!!!!! The buffet "Ergo" they have to offer was so good to us that we only made it to one of the five dinner restaurant's. We woke up everyday like clock work to hit the buffet for breakfast and have a few mamosa's before we go swimming in the pools or beach. The one dinner spot we ate at was the Italian one 'Amici" which was also good. La Carte style portions were pretty good as well. The 'Tiki Tiki' bar was my best friend! rather if we was just hanging out talking or in the pool playing volley ball then swimming up to the poolside of it. Drinks were great as well! Rum Punch's, Pina Colada's or just shots! I was open to specialty drinks they offer and regular stuff. Everyday we hung out at the beach where there is also a mini buffet snack bar with drinks, seating and beach chairs as well. After playing in the amazing water we would grab some nachos and fried sea bass bites and eat at the tables they have in the sand ocean side. This resort just could not lose in our minds. We kept trying to find stuff we disliked maybe but just couldn't. We stayed in Building 11 Room 203 which was one building away from the buffet and center court yard of the resort. Rooms was modern and A/C was super cool. Yes the shower water doesn't drain that fast but a simple towel on the floor in front of it fixes that easily. Wifi was spotty around the resort. Sometimes it may work in the room and nowhere else or vice versa. I had walk out the building sometimes if I needed to check something which other than my flights nothing because I was on vacation. Cable was decent. Found 'TNT' and just kept it there for the days we stayed. That resort has everything you need right there. If you want excursions/tours they have a on site office. Spa and Fitness center. Little Arcade for kids and Night Club for adults. We seen a pretty good magic show at the theater one of the nights. Which also has a bar there lol. Different activities everyday at all times too. I personally got in the batting cage then did archery one of my days as well. All is listed for the resort on this huge board. We left the day they had 'Beach Olympics" which we watched and looked very fun. This resort is great for families and couples that just want to get away. I've much of both there during my stay. Also there for weeks at a time. Last I want to address the staff. Costumer Service was outstanding!! These are great people to be around from the activity staff to the other workers and even the house keepers that organized my girl friends jewelry and things after she makes a mess getting dressed in the mornings. One thing I liked is that its almost like they live there with you. We seen the same staff every single day! Its like a big family. So you get familiar with them very quickly. And they remember everything! Big Shout Out to my boy Raul from Elite Collections. Which you probably would have to sit through a presentation on membership with that company which is a good buy. Better deal than the timeshare membership I own now. ALL EMOTIONS STAFF!!! Hector, Maria, Heriberto, Skinny,Chiki Monki and Adelfi. Everyone! Would I come back? Yes! This same year!! Would I bring more people with me? Yes! I'm telling everyone about this resort! Thanks for reading my wondering experience.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Biggie3888
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa Playa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Biggie3888,
We are delighted to see that your stay at Emotions by Hodelpa in Playa Dorada was a success!!! Comments like yours keeps us motivated and we will carry your kind words in our hearts forever. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special 30th birthday. The fact that you enjoyed your modern room, hygiene, great food, Tiki Tiki bar, batting cage, archery, magic show, the outstanding costumer service, housekeeping staff and the service provided by everyone especially Hector, Maria, Heriberto, Skinny,Chiki Monki and Adelfi makes us feel very proud. We want to thank you for sharing with the whole community how great is our resort for families and couples that just want to get away. We are so happy to know you had an amazing time and a great experience, it gives us an extremely high desire to keep up the good work. We cant wait to have you back again with us very soon, Sincerely, Monica, Hodelpa Costumer Satisfaction Manager.