“Excellent but Expensive”

Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Very good seafood but expensive, the octupus and the lobters quality is very good choice. The wine list is limited but good wines

Reviewed 11 August 2016

It is not exactly a nice place but it is well located (El Malecon) but once you test their food you forget everything, it is just amazing!

Reviewed 26 June 2016

the food is very expansive , and no to good, i order octopus and i don't like
the service ok
we went there because is very close to our my apt.
We don't go again

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

I've been coming to this restaurant for 5-6 years. I visit on business at times and other times with family or friends.

Recently, things seem to have fallen off. The restaurant no longer offers Valet parking, or at least on the recent nights I've visited. The servers are no longer attentive. The food is now so-so. And the price is still expensive.

This is so sad to write because the service was literally five stars every single time I visited for years. You never had to ask for a thing, they just knew when to step up. Now, you have to wait for service, and you have to ask for everything, even for them to clean off the dishes after they've been sitting there for five-ten minutes!

And the food used to be as five star as a restaurant can be. Now, from the bread at the beginning to the final plate it's just average.

I'm so disappointed. I love Vesuvio. I hate to leave her behind, but 2-3 star food and service at 5-star pricing just doesn't cut it.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

This used to be one of the best restaurants in Santo Domingo; “used to be”. Today is May 27, 2016. I’ve been visiting Santo Domingo since the 80s, when the Malecon was a vibrant, bursting in excellent dine options, when this restaurant was easily in the top 5 list. Nowadays I’m just surprise of the (1) service, (2) prices, and (3) cleanliness of the restaurant. The only reason I can think of why this is happening is that all the good restaurants in the Malecon ceased operations or have moved to the more vibrant ambiance neighborhoods of Naco and Piantini, taking away all competition. You can visit at least ten restaurants with better quality, menu, service, and aesthetic in other places. Don’t waste your time, money, and “chimeras”, in this restaurant. Rest in peace…