“An unexpected gem”

TIME Vegetarian Kitchen
Ranked #102 of 730 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Description: The new TIME Vegetarian Kitchen features a fresh, sophisticated design and an atmosphere ideal for a romantic dinner for two, a get-together with friends or an upscale and healthy business function. With an open kitchen and interior garden overlooking the Parque Billini, guests can enjoy the vegetarian dishes indoors and enjoy a green drink before or after their meal.
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We wanted to stay away from all the tourist traps in the historic center and were grateful for this restaurant. With the help of a friendly lady who spoke French English and Spanish we settled on the tacos, the mushrooms with the burrata and 2 delicious cocktails. Everything was a delight! We finished off with their own version of arroz con Leche. All in all a great time in a modern setting. It cost us 50 euros gladly spent.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

As the only vegetarian in our travel group, my vote for this establishment was overruled- their loss!! My husband and I dined here the next night and were treated to an amazing dinner of tapas, prepared from the kitchens of 3 restaurants working together. The menus offered both vegan/vegetarian dishes and meat/seafood dishes. The food was so delicious and the mixed drinks so smooth, restraint was challenged. Add this restaurant to your experience, you will not be sorry.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

This restaurant may be quite overpriced. And so if you are someone who will feel bad if you do not get exactly as much quality as you pay for then you may not want to go here. But as a chef myself, and a paleo-vegan, I find myself constantly complaining about food and sending it back. Most restaurants simply are not good, especially in this country. However, I really cannot complain about this restaurant. I have even gone back. The food is extremely healthy and energizing. It is real culinary art. It tastes great, and I do not think anyone will disagree. Its just that the prices are high and the portions are small. But it is one of the only restaurants I trust here.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The food and service was pretty good and it is a nice place to sit outside, but in relation to what you get we felt it was too expensive. Alcohol-free beer O.25 lit. U$ 7.-, very small portion of ravioli about 13.-.

1  Thank thomaswaltermai
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I today realized how stupid I have been for years ! Waiting to be 48yo to dare enter a vegetarian restaurant, thinking this was only for lolitas trying to stay fit and who do not care about flavors and taste....
Tonight I thought : ok, maybe I am losing a good dinner occasion, but let's try a veggie one. Not only was it full of flavors I had never tasted, but also as consistent as any regular restaurant. I had the chance to come on a special evening, with a unique "tasting" menu of 6 plates with wine pairings. Excellent from A to Z.
The Chef is very present in the restaurant, managing, serving, explaining with patience and very smiling ! I noticed the good ambience among all the staff. Excellent !
For sure, some improvements will happen to even enhance this nice experience. If I had one tiedous comment, it would be that the service is too fast, and that this rush does not let you appreciate enough the plates, neither breathe between plates.
Very good choice of wines too.
All this for a very fair price :-)
If you are as stupid as I have been until now, be sure it is never too late to get smart, and rush to try vegetarian kitchen at TIME !

marielpj, Community Manager at TIME Vegetarian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello Patrick,
Its never to late to try something new :) And we are so happy you choose Time to do so. By your description we assume you visited the day of the special tasting dinner with our executive Chef Saverio Stassi which created an exciting and unique menu the occasion. We offer this wine paired experience every few months. Perfect opportunity to capture the essence of our kitchen!
We loved your story and review. Thanks for visiting.
Regards,