“Great stay at Fort Young while diving with Buddy Dive”
Review of Fort Young Hotel

Fort Young Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Roseau
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Fort Young is the best hotel in Roseau and it has all the amenities for a great family diving trip. The kids loved the pool, the food was great and our room was clean and comfortable (deluxe room was big and comfortable for a family of 4). Buddy Dive runs an excellent diving operation. The hotel staff was helpful (troubles operating the safe and air conditioning were promptly taken care of) and provided good information for seeing the sites. The hotel location is excellent for day or afternoon trips to the waterfalls, Titou Gorge, hot springs, etc.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Fort Young Hotel on a short work trip, my plan is to return one day for a longer non work visit. The service was very good and the view from the room was breathtaking. My biggest issue was not due to the hotel, but to other guests who allowed their swimsuits and underwear to swing like buntings from home made lines on their balconies. The room was quiet and comfortable, the the extractor fan in tge bathroom was a little loud when in use, but that ensured that I turned off the light and fan as soon as I was done, so perhaps it was for the best. All else aside, I would love to spend more time I this hotel to take I more of what it has to offer.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Living in Bermuda, we are surrounded by history...but when we travel, we are always looking to dive in the local history wherever we are.

My first visit to Dominica I stayed at Fort Young. A very quiet hotel within a 250 year old fort.

Friendly staff, and very, very helpful concierge....

I had to catch an early flight so they made me a breakfast to go and it was handed to me prior to getting on the bus back to the airport

Amazing views

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Not much to say except that like all my previous stays the Fort Young experience was as pleasant as one could hope for . Clean comfortable accommodation, courteous staff and a pervasive friendly, homely ambience - what more can you ask??/

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I didn't stay at this hotel but some of my dive group did. They said the rooms were very nice. I stayed at the Anchorage which is "lesser" but better. I did eat and drink here and the outdoor patio is huge and covered while still having the open air charm. The service was quite good, especially considering you're on an island. The food is good and the drinks abundant. If you want a 3/4 star hotel experience while on Dominica this may be your spot. It is quite close to downtown and you can catch a ride on any of the white minivans which stop for travelers anywhere along the roads. Only 2 coins will pay the way. I have been on many islands - Dominica is by far my favorite.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Gregg B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseau
29.7 km away
0.8 km away
Portsmouth Beach Hotel
Portsmouth Beach Hotel
#4 of 4 in Portsmouth

Been to Fort Young Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Young Hotel

Address: Victoria Street | P.O. Box 519, Roseau, Dominica
Region: Caribbean > Dominica > Saint George Parish > Roseau
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Roseau
Price Range: $323 - $493 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Young Hotel 3.5*
First built in 1699, the Fort Young has been at the heart of Dominica's story for several hundred years. Travellers from across the globe have stayed within our walls from the very beginning, all sharing the same breath-taking setting that our guests do today. Today our site on the capital's main quay is still the focal point of the capital city, with the main market and ferry port connecting island hoppers to neighbouring islands just a minute's walk from our entrance. The Fort Young Hotel is a 3 star property with historical ambience and the most recognized name in quality hospitality services in Dominica The Fort Young marries traditional elegance with breath taking views of the ocean. Our 71 guest rooms and suites are ideal for both business and leisure travellers. All rooms are fully air-conditioned, with free wi-fi throughout and all feature a terrace or balcony offering the most dramatic sea and sunset views imaginable. The Fort Young is perfectly situated to discover all this island's treasures. You can dive or go whale watching directly from our jetty. Hike the rainforests and waterfalls that stretch up behind our hotel. Whatever you desire to do, Fort Young is The Key to Dominica ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort Young Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Fort Young