“Feel at home with a Portugese family on Curacao”
Review of Piri Piri

Piri Piri
Ranked #55 of 317 Restaurants in Willemstad
Description: Piri Piri Churrasqueria & Grill is a family owned Portuguese restaurant. We take pride in the quality of meat and cod used to prepare our dished and have a great relation quality-price. We welcome costumers of all ages (there is a playground for children) and small or large groups. Reservations by phone. We are located on Caracasbaaiweg, just across Orange Estate (really close to Vreugdenhil Supermarket).
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Ever been in a Portugese farmhouse, where the garden has been transformed into a "restaurant", like PiriPiri? I remember they called their garden a "churasqueria" and the meat was called "churasco" because you got a really big peace of meat there. When you have ever been in a place like that in Portugal you will remember the smell and sound of cows and pigs and chickens behind the farm. The meat they served was grilled to the perfection and has been accompanied with a glass of home-made-wine full of warmth and sun. Just go to PiriPiri and remember. The husband is in the kitchen behind the grill and his wife will welcome you as there beloved guest. The "churasco di solomo" consists of three peaces of meat, which I like to be served with fried yucca and a glass of 'Motivos' red wine. And don't forget a dessert, local 'kesio' for example.

1  Thank Frits F

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After many expensive and tasteless tourist trapped meals in Curacao I found this diamond.

Total cost of dinner was under $16USD! Even better it was absolutely delicious! My wife and I each ordered the 1/4 chicken meal and a coke. We also added one side of red beans and rice. Did I say this was delicious.

The garlic sauce and house made chimichurri were excellent compliments to the meal. Staff provided excellent service as well and the food came out quick; for the Caribbean.

Thank you Piri Piri!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Visited here our first night in Curacao. I was looking for a local joint. I would not really call it that but the food was very good. Great rice and beans and grilled meat. Not cheap but hardly anywhere it on Curacao

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the red vinho verde and suckling pig. ( and one of us had tenderloin beef) I would definitely go again to try other things on the menu (like goat). The server was awesome. The owners came to our table and explained the different kinds of Portuguese wines

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We sat for about 10 minuters in an almost empty restaurant till someone came by. We waited 50 minutes for dinner. Only frozen fish was available, so we ordered pumpkin soup. Piri chicken,and half roasted chicken. The roasted chicken was quite good. The pumpkin soup was very pumpkinny with no enhancements, the Piri chicken was like shoe leather with a mildly spicy sauce. Our server listened to my frustration and offered me a refill on my wine., which I thought was thoughtful. She apologized for the meal and implied that the restaurant was having its problems. She also suggested that we call ahead to order fresh fish or other specialties in the future. I couldn't help but think that this restaurant had seen its day.