All reviews pirate bay straight couples gay friendly hotel lgbt friendly pool bar pool view steam room centrum supermarket piscadera bay hotel restaurant tropical garden highly recommend renting a car full kitchen bring bug spray small kitchen rented a car living room
Reviewed 13 June 2018

RATS IN ROOM !!
****100% GOD'S HONEST TRUTH****
My wife frantically woke me up after she saw a RAT in our room, at approximately 730 am, the morning after we checked in. RYAN, working the front desk, told me there were no rooms for us to be relocated, which turned out to be a lie. Any decent hotel would IMMEDIATELY relocate, upgrade or do absolutely anything possible to rectify this horrific situation.
Twenty minutes later after I called Expedia, Expedia told me a room (miraculously) was suddenly available, so obviously I was lied to by Floris . My wife immediately made alternative lodging arrangements, when were told they would NOT immediately relocate us. We could not and would not stay in a room where there are RATS and were forced to change accommodations.
At no time was there ANY manager or supervisor available to assist, in any way, with this horrible situation.
The management then (STOLE) the remaining 10 days of our paid fees, claiming the lodging was non-refundable. NO GUEST SHOULD EVER BE SUBJECT TO ANYTHING LIKE THIS.
**STAY AWAY** !!
Check in :5/19/18
Check out: 5/20/18
PAID THROUGH: 5/30/18

Stayed: May 2018
7  Thank JayTaz
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

It is a pity you have deleted your former review in which I've answered all of the above. I understand you did this since your own behavior in the hotel wasn't to write home about and I told you so.

Again you are stating that my colleagues were lying to you about the available room. This was in any way, not the case. We would have like to inform you properly by phone and at the door, but you won't answer. Although you were in the room. We know that, cause you said you didn't feel like answering. There was no reason to leave the hotel. We had another room for you available and we told you the exact minute we were able to talk to you. That you chose to leave was your own decision.

Your screaming in the lobby to our other guests and our staff was horrible. We hope that you will learn some proper manners to other people, cause that's what we all are. On duty or not.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Floris Suite Hotel is located in a decent location. It is not too far from downtown. As other reviews have said, it is within walking distance to Pirate Bay and Tomatoes, a pizza restaurant, both of which are on the beach. I had heard that the onsite restaurant was mediocre so we chose to avoid it.

There is WiFi available as soon as you're on the premises, the connection is strong. This was perfect for me as I didn't have service in Curacao at all. The rooms were spacious and the small kitchen was perfect, as it helped my partner and I save money on food. We stopped by Centrum, a nearby supermarket.

There were a few cons though:

1. The room had many mosquitoes. We had a room with a balcony and we noticed that there was a bit of space between the bottom of the door and the floor which was more than enough space for insects to get in. We ended up leaving with numerous mosquito bites.

2. If you can set up outside transportation from the airport to Floris or just get your own cab, I would highly recommend it. We booked travel arrangements from the airport to Floris back in March, plenty of time before our late May trip.

However, upon arrival, nobody picked us up. My partner called the front desk a few times to check in before we were told to just catch a cab. We didn't have a chance to exchange our money and the driver didn't take USD so the hotel had to pay him. The ride was about 20-25 NAFs. The cost of the airport transportation was $37.10 USD per person, which is quite overpriced considering the distance. Despite the fact that we weren't picked up, we were still charged for the service. When I contacted reservations, they told us that they would only refund us $37.10 USD as opposed to $74.20 USD, which was the total price. We ended up canceling the return service for our departure and just taking a cab.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jadecw22
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Jadecw,

Thanks for writing this review and sharing your experiences with us. We are happy you've enjoyed your stay and the fact that we have free WIFI throughout the hotel. Pirate Bay and Tomatoes are the restaurants we recommend for dinner and we are happy you've enjoyed both! Mosquitos are part of the tropics, you can't do much about it. We advise guests to close the doors immediately at entering the room so the mosquitos in the rooms are minimized. I am very sorry to hear that the airport transfer didn;t work out the way it should be. We are doing our very best every day to make sure all our guests are having a wonderful time at the hotel.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was satisfactory with many pros and a few cons:

-great location especially if you have a car near many attractions
-Floris has shuttle twice a day to downtown and will transport you to the beach area if requested by golf cart which was much appreciated
-staff friendly and room was large and the beds were comfy. Yes, needs some repairs and a thorough cleaning but for the price and in the Caribbean expected
-the food was really bad cannot sugar coat it. Limited options but if good it would have sufficed; however, sadly disappointing so we ended up not trying after the third attempt. Mainly spent our money at the Hilton across the street because the food was great and many options for all. This was a shame because the Floris has the space and potential just missing the mark on this big time
-lovely adorable cats throughout very sweet and seemed to be well cared for Bonus
-pool was acceptable but dated (renovations to come)
-spa major let down for me as a female. I checked it out and was let down as it was coed with no designated changing areas. Clothing being optional and not permitted in the hot tub. I was not comfortable with this so did not get to use this facility at all. Then after 6pm women not allowed in (what?!)
-beach area by the Hilton reserved for Floris guests was fantastic very nice clear blue water. Sand was lovely but caution windy area and lots of waves unlike many of the other beaches we later visited specifically on the west side of the island
-happy hour is a perk 2 free drinks between 5-6 and then by the Hilton for the bars happy hour between 6-7pm
-do not be afraid that if you are a straight couple this is not the place for you or unwelcoming. This was not an issue and we felt perfectly welcomed
-we were very taken by Curacao and loved this island. We will be back but not sure if we would stay again at the Floris given some of the drawbacks but if the price was right would absolutely consider it

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lee D,

We are happy to hear that you've enjoyed your vacation and the hotel.
Our private beach area is indeed a real favorite to most our guests.
The spa is men-only on Friday and Sunday evening. Most of the hours it is mixed men and women. Maybe you just looked at those days? Floris is known as gay friendly, but we certainly cater to everybody above the age of 18.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is up to the mark in most respects.The only downside I found was there insistence on sports shirt and shorts to enter the gym. I had on shorts and ordinary shirt, trainers in room. But they said anyone wishing to enter the Gym had to have the above. I have been to several countries and never come across this before. I wonder how many people go on holiday with the above? Needless to say the place was empty.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lawrenceclift
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriends and I stayed at Floris in May 2018. The hotel staff were both friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcomed and treated us like royalty. The gentlemen at the front desk were beyond helpful and even took pictures for my friend's business (thanks guys! Lol). Queen was sweet, welcoming and so helpful. The hotel manager (or owner) was also extremely welcoming and accommodating. The pool bar offers complimentary beer, wine or sodas from 5-6 PM daily. The restaurant only serves breakfast and the food offered at the bar wasn't anything to write home about. The pool area could use some renovations and there were quite a lot of mosquitoes outside (bring bug spray), but not a bad place to lounge. The rooms are large and spacious and features a kitchenette which was useful. The bathroom could also use an upgrade as it was damp and had a lot of gnats. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from pirate bay and aquafari as well as mamba beach club. It is also about a 5-minute drive from downtown. There's a free shuttle that travels there twice daily and the local bus which is $2. Cabs are expensive, starting at $20 USD (5-minute ride into town was $20 each way and upwards of $30 after 11pm). Your best bet is to rent a car. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Curaçao.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ashante,

Thank you for the wonderful review, We are pleased to hear you've had a wonderful time at our hotel. All our staff works hard every day to make sure all our guests feeling treated like VIP's and having a lovely vacation. Great you have enjoyed our daily free happy hour and both our beach clubs.

We hope to welcome you back real soon!