All reviews pirate bay straight couples gay friendly hotel lgbt friendly pool view pool bar steam room centrum supermarket piscadera bay junior suite hotel restaurant tropical garden bring bug spray rented a car small kitchen full kitchen highly recommend renting a car
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was satisfactory with many pros and a few cons:

-great location especially if you have a car near many attractions
-Floris has shuttle twice a day to downtown and will transport you to the beach area if requested by golf cart which was much appreciated
-staff friendly and room was large and the beds were comfy. Yes, needs some repairs and a thorough cleaning but for the price and in the Caribbean expected
-the food was really bad cannot sugar coat it. Limited options but if good it would have sufficed; however, sadly disappointing so we ended up not trying after the third attempt. Mainly spent our money at the Hilton across the street because the food was great and many options for all. This was a shame because the Floris has the space and potential just missing the mark on this big time
-lovely adorable cats throughout very sweet and seemed to be well cared for Bonus
-pool was acceptable but dated (renovations to come)
-spa major let down for me as a female. I checked it out and was let down as it was coed with no designated changing areas. Clothing being optional and not permitted in the hot tub. I was not comfortable with this so did not get to use this facility at all. Then after 6pm women not allowed in (what?!)
-beach area by the Hilton reserved for Floris guests was fantastic very nice clear blue water. Sand was lovely but caution windy area and lots of waves unlike many of the other beaches we later visited specifically on the west side of the island
-happy hour is a perk 2 free drinks between 5-6 and then by the Hilton for the bars happy hour between 6-7pm
-do not be afraid that if you are a straight couple this is not the place for you or unwelcoming. This was not an issue and we felt perfectly welcomed
-we were very taken by Curacao and loved this island. We will be back but not sure if we would stay again at the Floris given some of the drawbacks but if the price was right would absolutely consider it

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lee d
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Lee D,

We are happy to hear that you've enjoyed your vacation and the hotel.
Our private beach area is indeed a real favorite to most our guests.
The spa is men-only on Friday and Sunday evening. Most of the hours it is mixed men and women. Maybe you just looked at those days? Floris is known as gay friendly, but we certainly cater to everybody above the age of 18.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is up to the mark in most respects.The only downside I found was there insistence on sports shirt and shorts to enter the gym. I had on shorts and ordinary shirt, trainers in room. But they said anyone wishing to enter the Gym had to have the above. I have been to several countries and never come across this before. I wonder how many people go on holiday with the above? Needless to say the place was empty.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lawrenceclift
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriends and I stayed at Floris in May 2018. The hotel staff were both friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcomed and treated us like royalty. The gentlemen at the front desk were beyond helpful and even took pictures for my friend's business (thanks guys! Lol). Queen was sweet, welcoming and so helpful. The hotel manager (or owner) was also extremely welcoming and accommodating. The pool bar offers complimentary beer, wine or sodas from 5-6 PM daily. The restaurant only serves breakfast and the food offered at the bar wasn't anything to write home about. The pool area could use some renovations and there were quite a lot of mosquitoes outside (bring bug spray), but not a bad place to lounge. The rooms are large and spacious and features a kitchenette which was useful. The bathroom could also use an upgrade as it was damp and had a lot of gnats. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from pirate bay and aquafari as well as mamba beach club. It is also about a 5-minute drive from downtown. There's a free shuttle that travels there twice daily and the local bus which is $2. Cabs are expensive, starting at $20 USD (5-minute ride into town was $20 each way and upwards of $30 after 11pm). Your best bet is to rent a car. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Curaçao.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashante W

Dear Ashante,

Thank you for the wonderful review, We are pleased to hear you've had a wonderful time at our hotel. All our staff works hard every day to make sure all our guests feeling treated like VIP's and having a lovely vacation. Great you have enjoyed our daily free happy hour and both our beach clubs.

We hope to welcome you back real soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

This resort had the nicest and most welcoming staff I've seen in a long time! The staff definitely made our trip. Nice, accommodating, and helpful! The resort itself is gorgeous and just a 5 minute drive from the busy punda. The bar and spa were excellent and enjoyed every single day of our trip. Their private beach is on the smaller side, but it had beautiful views. Rooms are a little dated but not a huge issue.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben D
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Ben,

Thanks for the lovely review. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and our island.

We hope to welome you back real soon!

Kind regards,

M. Molendijk
Hotel Ambassador

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Staff:
Prior to arriving in Curacao for my stay I contacted the hotel in regards to my stay. I originally booked my room via hotels.com but when a storm was forecast in my area they were no help at all!
So I contacted the hotel on my own being that my stay was already paid for. I only wanted to no if my arrival and departure dates could be adjusted. the storm coming to my area had caused all flights to be cancelled so I would be flying out 2 days after my original arrival date.
So I frantically sent messages to the hotel via facebook and their posted email address. I attempted to call one evening but got no answer until the morning. Once I got a response management they agreed to adjust my dates without any additional fees. They also provided me with a confirmation of this modification via email at my request. Once I arrived to the resort the staff was as pleasant as they had been in my email

Rooms: The rooms could definitely be cleaner. After the second day I had to complain because the air conditioner in my room stopped working. However, the staff immediately switched me to a much larger suite. However, the room again was not as clean as I hoped.

Pool: It was decent but needs some maintenance and updating because It wasn't in the best condition.

Beach: The resort itself doesn't have a beach onsite. To access the beach you have to take a shuttle across the road to their private beach. However, on the private beach based on the chair type there maybe a fee.

Restaurants/Food: I ordered room service several times and the food was always great and reasonably priced.

I booked my stay at $79.00 per night so at that price my stay was great and I would highly recommend this hotel. At a more expensive price I would definitely expected the facilities to be kept up better and be much cleaner.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank yessie3000

Dear Celeste,

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear you've had a good stay at our hotel. It is indeed that the rooms are not brand new, but we clean and maintain them on a daily basis and have islands best price range!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,