All reviews pirate bay straight couples gay friendly hotel lgbt friendly pool bar pool view steam room centrum supermarket piscadera bay hotel restaurant tropical garden highly recommend renting a car full kitchen bring bug spray small kitchen rented a car living room
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriends and I stayed at Floris in May 2018. The hotel staff were both friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcomed and treated us like royalty. The gentlemen at the front desk were beyond helpful and even took pictures for my friend's business (thanks guys! Lol). Queen was sweet, welcoming and so helpful. The hotel manager (or owner) was also extremely welcoming and accommodating. The pool bar offers complimentary beer, wine or sodas from 5-6 PM daily. The restaurant only serves breakfast and the food offered at the bar wasn't anything to write home about. The pool area could use some renovations and there were quite a lot of mosquitoes outside (bring bug spray), but not a bad place to lounge. The rooms are large and spacious and features a kitchenette which was useful. The bathroom could also use an upgrade as it was damp and had a lot of gnats. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from pirate bay and aquafari as well as mamba beach club. It is also about a 5-minute drive from downtown. There's a free shuttle that travels there twice daily and the local bus which is $2. Cabs are expensive, starting at $20 USD (5-minute ride into town was $20 each way and upwards of $30 after 11pm). Your best bet is to rent a car. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Curaçao.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Ashante,

Thank you for the wonderful review, We are pleased to hear you've had a wonderful time at our hotel. All our staff works hard every day to make sure all our guests feeling treated like VIP's and having a lovely vacation. Great you have enjoyed our daily free happy hour and both our beach clubs.

We hope to welcome you back real soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

This resort had the nicest and most welcoming staff I've seen in a long time! The staff definitely made our trip. Nice, accommodating, and helpful! The resort itself is gorgeous and just a 5 minute drive from the busy punda. The bar and spa were excellent and enjoyed every single day of our trip. Their private beach is on the smaller side, but it had beautiful views. Rooms are a little dated but not a huge issue.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben D
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Ben,

Thanks for the lovely review. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and our island.

We hope to welome you back real soon!

Hotel Ambassador

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Staff:
Prior to arriving in Curacao for my stay I contacted the hotel in regards to my stay. I originally booked my room via hotels.com but when a storm was forecast in my area they were no help at all!
So I contacted the hotel on my own being that my stay was already paid for. I only wanted to no if my arrival and departure dates could be adjusted. the storm coming to my area had caused all flights to be cancelled so I would be flying out 2 days after my original arrival date.
So I frantically sent messages to the hotel via facebook and their posted email address. I attempted to call one evening but got no answer until the morning. Once I got a response management they agreed to adjust my dates without any additional fees. They also provided me with a confirmation of this modification via email at my request. Once I arrived to the resort the staff was as pleasant as they had been in my email

Rooms: The rooms could definitely be cleaner. After the second day I had to complain because the air conditioner in my room stopped working. However, the staff immediately switched me to a much larger suite. However, the room again was not as clean as I hoped.

Pool: It was decent but needs some maintenance and updating because It wasn't in the best condition.

Beach: The resort itself doesn't have a beach onsite. To access the beach you have to take a shuttle across the road to their private beach. However, on the private beach based on the chair type there maybe a fee.

Restaurants/Food: I ordered room service several times and the food was always great and reasonably priced.

I booked my stay at $79.00 per night so at that price my stay was great and I would highly recommend this hotel. At a more expensive price I would definitely expected the facilities to be kept up better and be much cleaner.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Celeste,

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear you've had a good stay at our hotel. It is indeed that the rooms are not brand new, but we clean and maintain them on a daily basis and have islands best price range!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

M.Molendijk
Hotel Ambassador

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed at the Floris from May 13-20, 2018.

Prior to my arrival, I had excellent service from the staff at this hotel; I called to ask some questions, and Elton was so friendly and helpful even over the phone!

On arrival I was offered a cold drink; check in was very quick and polite; staff was kind and welcoming, and very thorough. The lobby was bright and airy - very clean and welcoming, though I will say the chair covers could use a wash, but what do you expect with so many people sitting on the loungers every day?

My room was on the 'main' floor - over a bridge and around the corner from the lobby. Room was again, open, bright, and airy. The entire hotel could probably use a fresh coat of paint, but everything was extremely clean and well cared for. My bed was large and comfortable; the balcony was nicely secluded in the jungle-like garden. The fridge, freezer, sink, microwave and cooktop were well maintained and very clean. Bathroom was large and again, very clean, although the toilet was a little hard to flush.

The staff here are AMAZING! Everyone from front desk to housekeeping, restaurant staff and pool staff. Very helpful, very kind, lovely people. I enjoyed my stay very much! I was very touched by the lovely balloon bouquet stuck to my wall on my birthday! It was a lovely touch, and it brightened my evening.

The restaurant served breakfast only, but the eggs benedict was absolutely wonderful, the coffee and juice fresh, and I really enjoyed sharing my breakfast with the kittens - especially Little Mama, as I nicknamed her.

The ONLY thing that I would say was a downside is that all the guide books in the room say that the pool bar menu is available until 11 - and I was unable to order anything several evenings, after 10pm. But the bartender (I didn't catch her name, but BOY did she ever serve me well - she makes a wicked drink!) was fun and charismatic. I enjoyed my late nights in her company.

Please give my thanks and love to everyone, especially to Fanny and Ryan the Dive Guy at the front gate! I look forward to seeing them again soon - I'm aiming for November!

Room Tip: Clean, lovely gardens, close to beaches
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Dana_M_Canada

Dear Dana,

What a lovely review. We are so happy we have made your stay a memorable one.
Our staff works very hard every day to make sure all our guests have a lovely time.

We hope to welcome you back real soon!

Hoel Ambassador

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I was at this hotel for four weeks. I can start with the good things. They have their own private beach club with a very nice beach. This club is calm and very private. They also have a deal with another beach club with a nice beach and more restaurants and lively. Only about five minute walk to the beach clubs. The area is great for bathing vacation.

The hotel common areas are nice. Decent pools. They got some hotel cats which is very nice for us anyway.

They are animal friendly which is important if you travel with a dog. The hotel got a shuttle bus that goes to the city Willemstad twice a day at spesific times which is handy. Another nice thing is that there are privately owned shuttle buses that go past the hotel. These are very handy once you learn to use them since the taxi drivers are insanely expensive. Some of the staff is very nice. The rooms at the hotel are mostly large.

Across the street there is Hilton hotel. They got a good coffee shop. Very recomended. Another tips is their lunch soup. Several places to eat and a small casino.

The hotel is very gay friendly. Many of the guests were very nice. We met many extremely nice and helpful people on the island.

Now the bad things. The main thing is that many rooms are filthy. It did not seem to be only due to effort of washing, but wrong equipment. We also suspect the wooden furniture made issues with strong smell from moist. When we got to the room all the surfaces were dirty. You could drag your hands across any surface and feel it. The room had a strong smell of moist damage. We later got the chance to change room, but that room had such a bad smell we could not be in the room with the door closed. So back to the original room.

The hotel does have a garden. But be aware, many of the rooms are IN the tropical garden. We basically lived in a jungle.

The room had two patios, but due to the jungle, there was almost no sun in them. The wifi was spotty. Some times you had to go to the reception to get wifi.

The piscadera area is very quiet with mostly some hotels. So if you want some excitement you need to go to the city.

Curacao got an issue with animal care and lots of stray cats and dogs. Little is done to help them. We had some tough situation seeing sick, wounded and starving animals.... we contacted an animal rescue group once but they had no resources. Be aware of this.

Overall, way too expensive for their price. We had a good deal to begin with, but I shudder to pay regular price for this. Curacao is an expensive island to visit and stay at.

Room Tip: Second floor a little away from the jungle.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne Lise N

Dear Anne Lise,

We are very sorry to hear the room didn't meet your expectations. All our staff is giving a 100% daily to make sure all rooms are clean and well maintained. The rooms are indeed not new and we don't claim this either. We do have a great price range that fits the quality of the rooms perfectly. We are happy you've enjoyed our private beach clubs. All our guests have free entrance to Moomba Beach and Pirate bay and receive a complementary beach lounger as well.

Hotel Hotel Ambassador