“Nice place to visit”

Plaza Bieu
Ranked #16 of 301 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Plasa Bieu is near the Old Market, just beyond the Queen Wilhelmina footbridge and down the street from the Floating Market.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The Plaza Bieu is an nice place to visit to eat and drink.
The food is very good and fresh love and like it.
There are different foods you can choice from and always fresh and warm.
Every time i visit Curacao i stop by Plaza Bieu to eat and drink. Keep going.
Until next time i am at Curacao

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Ok so we went to Plaza Bieu because my friend who I had traveled went heard such great things about it. But once we were there they were out of the Red Snapper which really disappointed my friend. I had the beef with rice and beans and it came out slightly cold and the beef wasn't that great. I had heard such great things about this place I was slightly let down but I would encourage you to try it for yourself.

1  Thank Jaqueece W
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We ate at Plaza Bieu for lunch several times during our visit to Curacao. This is a cafeteria with picnic tables and four or five different vendors slinging some of the most authentic Caribbean cuisine I've ever encountered for rock bottom prices.

Each food stall will try to sell you on their booth, but don't be shy about checking out each establishment's menu before you settle on one. Everyone had rotating daily specials, so it was worth checking out each to see what was available. We were lucky enough to be there when one of the booths had cactus soup on the menu. It is very vicious with an earthy taste. The chef let me have a taste to make sure I liked it before serving me a full bowl!

Places like Plaza Bieu are the reason why I travel. Food spots like this capture a irreplicable snapshot of local culture. Everyone should eat here before it disappears!

1  Thank videoordvd
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stopped at the Plasa Bieu because our tour guide said this is authentic local food. I always try to eat authentic local food when visiting a new place. We stopped in for lunch on a very warm April day. When we stepped in the heat of the cooking stations hit us like a punch in the stomach. My wife couldn't eat because it was so hot. I wasn't going to let a little thing like unbearable heat put me off my feed. I ordered a stewed goat dish called kabritu stoba. It came with a salad, rice & beans, and plantain. The meat had been stewed so that it fell off the bone. It was seasoned appropriately, but not too salty, letting the flavor of the meat shine through. A local person next to me on the picnic table seating ordered a cactus stew that looked very thick - I was intrigued. Alas, I was too full after my plate was emptied and, honeslty, I needed to get away from that heat. She had set us down at a table closest to a cooking stall so the heat was literally hitting my back in waves. I drank a half-liter bottle of water with my meal. I bet I lost a liter and a half.

Would I go back, if I had the opportunity. Yes, I would! There was too many other things on the menu that I would like to try.,

Reviewed 8 August 2017

if you like to taste the real local food, this is the place. I had some concerns about the cleanliness of the restaurant and also, the temperature inside is very high.