“Wonderful dinner in Curaçao”

Restaurant Fishalicious
Ranked #10 of 300 Restaurants in Willemstad
Price range: USD 30 - USD 60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seafood restaurant specialized in North sea fish, like Dover Sole, cod fish and oysters. Of course local fish on the menu.
Reviewed 28 February 2016

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Fishalicious on Tuesday February 23rd. We are from New England and live 5 minutes from the ocean so we are blessed to have many choices when it comes to seafood and the seafood is so wonderful in our area that we have become "seafood snobs". But our meal at Fishalicious was absolute perfection! We were given a salmon mousse to try as an appetizer and it was so tasty! I ordered the seafood chowder as an appetizer and again I was comparing it to the best seafood chowders that I have had in New England. The broth was so tasty and there were so many different kinds of fish in this chowder, not just the usual white fish that is in New England fish chowders. Again, I gave this chowder an A+! For my main meal I chose a swordfish steak. It was cooked to perfection and served with some delicious sides. I did not save any room for dessert, but there were some great choices! The waitress was so helpful and friendly and went over the directions to get back to our hotel until we understood the route we would take. The restaurant is located in a very small little building on a narrow side street. Definitely make reservations as the number of tables are limited. The food, the service and the wine choices were all excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant when visiting Curaçao!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 25 February 2016

The service is excellent, the food superior and menu options many......A bit pricey, but that's how it is when you want really good food....

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Despite the bit of difficulty in locating the restaurant initially, once we arrived we settled in and ordered some wine while we reviewed the menu. We were served warm bread with different sides, from fresh butter to an olive tapenade. The salads had a light and flavorful dressing. My husband had tuna with some sort of noodles and I had swordfish. This meals were also served with french fries, which I came to understand was typical of Dutch food. We ended the meal with a desert. All again was amazing in every way, however it is a bit expensive but well worth it. The only confusing thing was that they do import some of their fish from the Netherlands, as opposed to using local fresh caught. Otherwise I would highly recommend it while visiting Curacao!

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

One of the best restaurant I have ever been. Oysters are unbelievable, service is perfect and every dish is just amazing

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Coming back to this restaurant after an excellent experience two years ago we were more than disappointed. We had the impression that the kitchen was in a hurry, since we spent just 45 minutes between entering the restaurant and paying the bill. This might be ok for a business lunch but not for dinner. Service was not genuine and seemed to be indifferent. After ordering our dinner an amuse gueule reached our table after a minute, but no water, no bread, no butter... The white wine by the glass seemed to be from yesterday and too warm, but was changed after asking immediately. Main course was served after ten minutes. The food was good but not worth the money and to be honest nothing special. In the area of Pietermaai there are alternatives easy to be found.