“Attention to detail and exceptional service”

Baoase Luxury Resort
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I selected this resort because we wanted a slow paced, relaxing vacation. Baoase did not disappoint.

Rooms: We stayed in the beachfront honeymoon suite which was very spacious and romantic. The turn down service was appreciated in the evenings. At night, the room was not as dark as we would have liked (2 small windows had no curtain) but they do provide eye masks. 10/10

Beach: There are multiple cabanas and enough for everyone so you don't need to reserve one (but you are allowed to if you wish). The beach butlers offered small snacks everyday along with fresh coconuts, fruit smoothies, etc. They are attentive without being bothersome. The man made lagoon is wonderful for snorkelling and there are lots of fish to see. 10/10

Food: I am vegetarian but my husband is not. We both throughly enjoyed the food and the resort always made sure I had enough options. A couple of times I was offered a non-vegetarian item (amuse bouche and on the beach) but this is not a big deal and was always corrected. The food was fresh, tasty and presented beautifully. 10/10

Some points to note:
- the resort is small so at night if you feel like taking a walk after dinner you don't have much options. The resort is a bit secluded so I wouldn't recommend walking outside of the gates at night.
- there are no 'entertainment/activities' in the evening. The first few days we didn't mind but towards the end of the week it would have been a nice touch if the resort had some sort of games night or anything interactive.

Overall we would 100% recommend this resort for anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway. The management team is doing an excellent job and we hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I recently stayed at the Baoase for our Honeymoon. At first we were leery about going to Curacao because we didn't know too many people who have been there. But the second we landed we realized that it'll be a place that we'll come back to.
The moment you walk through the doors of the Baoase you'll see the amount of detail and thought that went into making this place the relaxing sanctuary that it is.

My husband and I stayed in Villa 8, which was gorgeous! It has a private pool, a large kitchen, and the most beautiful decor. One of the days we didn't even leave our Villa 8 oasis because we had everything we needed there.
The beach is also perfect with very calm water since it is in a cove. You can swim for hours and snorkel.
My favourite meal at the restaurant was the asian night. However the food never disappointed. I still dream about the tuna spread that I had for breakfast every morning.

Lastly, there is a lot to do/see in Curacao. One of the days we rented a car and drove to all of the beaches on the island. It was one of my favourite days. Curacao is very safe and the roads are easy to manoeuvre. You can even go see the flamingos!

All-in-all, I would be back 10000%.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JovanaPrica
Reviewed 2 November 2017

My wife and I just returned from celebrating a birthday in Curacao and staying at the Baoase. We were absolutely thrilled with the resort and the staff. We stayed in a Beachfront Suite and the room was incredible. We have been blessed to travel extensively around the globe and have stayed in some wonderful and not so wonderful places. Hands down, Baoase was the nicest resort I have had the pleasure of staying. With only 23 lodging units and a maximum capacity of 80 guests, you will never feel crowded. We went during "low season", and there were times when we were by the lagoon and could not see another guests. Privacy is plentiful.

The service is top notch and everyone goes out of their way to ensure your stay is pleasant. When we arrived from the airport, we were met at the entrance by the Property General Manager and a member of the Guest Services team. The Guest Services team member then took us on a quick tour of the resort while our luggage was delivered to our room. By the second day of our trip, most of the staff knew who we were and which room we were staying. The great benefit of this was that whenever I wanted to grab a bottle of wine from the bar, or a sundry from the small shop, it was immediately charged to my room without anyone having to ask for my name, room number, or for a signature. This may sound like a small thing, but it really just adds to the relaxing experience and certainly differentiates a place like Baoase from a larger resort.

The beach area and lagoon were beautiful. Each day our dedicated gazebo was setup with fresh towels just awaiting us to arrive. Another small but appreciated gesture is that one day we were at lunch in the restaurant and noticed another couple sit at our gazebo. Without us saying a word, within 2 minutes one of the Beach Butlers approached them to advise it was dedicated, showed them to some other seating that was available, and changed out all of our towels, lounger cover, etc... Things like this make the whole experience at Baoase feel very personalized.

My wife and I both partook in Relaxation massages and really enjoyed them. We did a private picnic one evening, and the 4-course dinner one night as well (get the wine pairing). Each night we would grab a bottle of Prosecco to enjoy the sunset. We were very pleased with the food and drink quality, although the wine list could be slightly more expansive.

I could go on and on, but hopefully the point was made that the rooms and resort were absolutely beautiful, and the staff was incredibly helpful and delightful. I normally do not like returning to the same place multiple times because there is too much world to see, but we have already spoken with friends about making a return trip.

Room Tip: Beachfront Suites are wonderful
1  Thank Kevin_Brewer_2011
Oliver Z, General Manager at Baoase Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kevin Brewer,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the valuable time to write such a detailed and kindhearted review. We are very pleased to know that you chose Baoase Luxury Resort to celebrate your birthday.

Thank you so much for pointing out the top notch service you received from our staff during your stay. We strive to give everyone a personalized service and make every guest feel at home.

We are delighted to hear that you made use of our amenities and facilities such as the Romantic picnic and the relaxation massages. The sunset is always a magnificent thing to enjoy with your loved ones. We truly appreciate the recommendation for the wine pairing in combination with the 4 course dinner.

We hope to welcome you, your family & friends back to our resort someday soon. We are so honored to read such a great review and this gives the team further inspiration to continue our efforts of making our guests happy!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Baoase was nice an quite. The resort has a man made lagoon that is great for swimming in. There is ample beach chairs that are not on top of each other and we never had to get up early to put towels or personal items to reserve a chair or cabana. There is a main pool but we did not use it much. Several rooms surround the pool and each of them have direct access into the pool. The pool is really shaded by the rooms and plantings. The grounds are very well maintained and are kept spotless. The restaurant and bar on premises are great. The quality of the food is excellent as was the service. Breakfast was complementary with a nice buffet and made to order offerings from the kitchen. Our room, the Banyan Tree Loft, was very nice and cozy. It had one bathroom and two beds one on the main floor and a second in the loft. The staff were very professional and always eager to help with reservations, taxi service etc....There was a mix of guests ranging from families with young children to honeymooners. Yet there was a serenity to the place and at times my wife and I felt we had the place to ourselves. I would highly recommend staying at Baoase for a truly relaxing get away.

Dear Pmny,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a dedicated and kind review. We are very glad to hear about your experience. We strive to be a rustic and calm get a away. The beach is protected by a break-wall which breaks the waves so that you can swim relaxed and safe in our Lagun.

We appreciate your sharp eye for the details and seeing that we keep the quality of the beach high. We are devoted to create a serene, beautiful and peaceful environment for each and every one of our guests.

It’s so delightful to read that our staff did their utmost best to make you feel at home and assist you with everything.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I'm not sure I have an extensive enough vocabulary to find the right words to describe our stay at Baoase. Amazing is too generic. Extraordinary doesn't fit either.

My husband and I came here for about a week at the beginning of October for our honeymoon. From even before we arrived, it was evident that everyone at Baoase really wanted to make our stay the best it could be. From the personalized emails, to the questionnaire regarding any food allergies -- a questionnaire that was not in vain, as every single night our server knew and verbalized my husband's allergy to avocado. They even offered to ensure a hot meal was waiting for us since our flight did not land til 9pm and we had been traveling all day. We were greeted upon our arrival with cool towels and their signature welcome beverage, and were then escorted to our suite (even though it was nearly 10pm) without even a sight of our baggage that magically appeared before we even entered.

We stayed in Superior Beachfront Suite 5; a beautiful suite with a wrap-around pool, outdoor soaking tub, private beach, and three seating areas. I don't even know how to describe how cool the vibe was in the room. The request to not wear shoes inside made it feel warm and cozy, and like home. This did not feel like we were staying at a "hotel". This felt like a place I wanted to take notes about and replicate in my own home. The seclusion of the suite, from the lush path you walk through the resort to get to it, to the front gate that hides the main door truly makes the experience exceptional.

And don't even get me started on the food. Everything from breakfast spread (I'm trying to perfect the egg salad for my croissants), to the bread platter, to the amuse bouche that precede dinner, to the tasting menu was IMPECCABLE!

The photos on the website do not do Baoase justice. The advice I give to anyone reading this review is to just book the room. Stop thinking, just book it. You literally will have no regrets. You have no idea what you're about to experience; it will be 1000x better than you expect.

Room Tip: The superior suites are worth the extra cost.
1  Thank Liz M

Dear Liz,

First of all we would like to thank you for leaving such an amazing and detailed review. We are overjoyed to hear that you had such a wonderful honeymoon at our Baoase Luxury Resort. We always strive to exceed the expectations of the guests, this include the personal attention starting from prior to arrival up and till the end of your stay!

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you felt so at home in our Superior Beachfront Pool Suite with a private beach and private pool. It is a huge compliment for us to know that our interior inspired you to the point that you would like to replicate this in your own home.

Thank you for your kinds words regarding the Baoase Culinary Beach Resort. We will make sure to share your kindhearted compliments with our culinary staff.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future at Baoase Luxury Resort and once again exceed your expectations.

Traveller’s choice award 2017 & Certificate of Excellence 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
1.3 km away
Papagayo Beach Resort
#11 of 32 in Willemstad
7.3 km away
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Baoase Luxury Resort? Share your experiences!