My husband and I selected this resort because we wanted a slow paced, relaxing vacation. Baoase did not disappoint.
Rooms: We stayed in the beachfront honeymoon suite which was very spacious and romantic. The turn down service was appreciated in the evenings. At night, the room was not as dark as we would have liked (2 small windows had no curtain) but they do provide eye masks. 10/10
Beach: There are multiple cabanas and enough for everyone so you don't need to reserve one (but you are allowed to if you wish). The beach butlers offered small snacks everyday along with fresh coconuts, fruit smoothies, etc. They are attentive without being bothersome. The man made lagoon is wonderful for snorkelling and there are lots of fish to see. 10/10
Food: I am vegetarian but my husband is not. We both throughly enjoyed the food and the resort always made sure I had enough options. A couple of times I was offered a non-vegetarian item (amuse bouche and on the beach) but this is not a big deal and was always corrected. The food was fresh, tasty and presented beautifully. 10/10
Some points to note:
- the resort is small so at night if you feel like taking a walk after dinner you don't have much options. The resort is a bit secluded so I wouldn't recommend walking outside of the gates at night.
- there are no 'entertainment/activities' in the evening. The first few days we didn't mind but towards the end of the week it would have been a nice touch if the resort had some sort of games night or anything interactive.
Overall we would 100% recommend this resort for anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway. The management team is doing an excellent job and we hope to return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. With 23 extravagant rooms, suites and villas, the resort is the ultimate getaway for luxury seeker. In line with the love of Balinese style, something unique and highly luxurious was created. Different elements were incorporated in the design of the resort such as cool, dark woods and vases, antiques, and other elegant artefacts scattered throughout the property to set off the natural beauty of the surroundings. The resort’s philosophy of barefoot elegance brings luxury back to its essence. Unique are the water basins located at the guest room entrances. They are designed so guests can wash their feet before entering their accommodation which is also a Balinese custom. The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. Baoase distinguishes itself from other luxury resorts in the Caribbean by offering impeccable attention to detail, an unparalleled level of service and- a commitment to creating a unique holiday spot for the world’s most discriminating traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad