My Finacé and I booked this hotel for our Thanksgiving vacation, but also so we could look at it as a possible destination wedding location.
The rooms are stunning! Well designed for the smallish space. The dark wood accents and modern yet sleek and sexy decor makes the room very romantic. We had what they called a Honeymoon Suite. Housekeeping manages to be mysteriously out of view, yet upon our return from a day full of sun, our room was alawys spotless and clean.
Do take note. There IS NO REAL GYM. They have a small space, across the street from the hotel, that has one bike, one decent treadmill and one rickety treadmill. And it is uncomfortably HOT. Yes there is air condition, but the windows don't seal, or close, so it never cools down. Silly really.
Service at dinner is VERY good. It is rather inconsistent during the day time however, with long wait times for drinks/coffee, and in-between courses. Even getting the basics like a menu or napkin would take 15-20 minutes most days.
Angelo the Bartender is great! Make sure HE makes your drinks and you will be happy. He knows how to make everything! Even a Yellowbird Cocktail. I do wish the "welcome drinks" had alcohol in them. It's the first time I ever had a "virgin" welcome drink.
The food at the restaurant is very good, especially at dinner, but the kitchen does tend to be inconsistent with portion sizes (ordered the same entree two nights in a row and the second night it was half the size of the first). Over-salting is another common occurrence keeping the restaurant from reaching a more outstanding level of dining. But sitting on the beach enjoying a meal with someone you love, while hearing the beautiful water roll in and out is just lovely.
If only the music was MORE ROMANTIC. Michael Jackson's Thriller at dinner? Seriously? And Nelly signing "it's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes". There were kids at the table next to us! Not Appropriate. I felt like I was at a Beaches Resort, or a Club Med. Yeesh! It's a shame because the setting is so romantic. Some jazzy 'world' music or spa-like Asian music would be more appropriate to match the theme of the Hotel.
Speaking of a spa, it was very nice to have a massage by the beach under a gazebo, but there is no actual Spa on property. Not yet at least. The Hotel does have an expansion planned.
If you want to see the town, rent a car. Taxi's are extremely pricey for short distances. The hotel is located a short distance from downtown Willemstad, but it is not walkable. They have OFF bug spray in the room. Use it or you will get destroyed by Mosquitoes!
While on Property, visit the land turtles and have them show you the live Conch shells!
A beautiful Hotel...great for a vacation. Just not the right wedding spot for us! The sunsets from the edge of the beach are a MUST SEE! And the pink colored quartz rocks make a perfect perch to watch it from.
This Hotel i
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. With 23 extravagant rooms, suites and villas, the resort is the ultimate getaway for luxury seeker. In line with the love of Balinese style, something unique and highly luxurious was created. Different elements were incorporated in the design of the resort such as cool, dark woods and vases, antiques, and other elegant artefacts scattered throughout the property to set off the natural beauty of the surroundings. The resort’s philosophy of barefoot elegance brings luxury back to its essence. Unique are the water basins located at the guest room entrances. They are designed so guests can wash their feet before entering their accommodation which is also a Balinese custom. The ultra-exclusive resort promises to provide an unforgettable experience to guests seeking a peaceful retreat in comfort and style. Baoase distinguishes itself from other luxury resorts in the Caribbean by offering impeccable attention to detail, an unparalleled level of service and- a commitment to creating a unique holiday spot for the world’s most discriminating traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Baoase Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baoase Luxury Hotel Willemstad
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curacao/Willemstad