All reviewsexcellent locationacross the bridgenice hotelshipsmaidsislandcasino
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This a basic city hotel. A really good value. The location is perfect. Right at the foot of the swinging ponton bridge. It is a very scenic location. Room are good and clean. Free WiFi. A really good value. Staff is very friendly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for four days while my wife was in the hospital in Curaçao. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The staff were out standing. Very nice and helpful. Went out of their way to aid me through my stay there. The location is great, just across the bridge from shopping and places to eat. The price was great lso!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My husband and I stayed here last week for 6 days. Based on the reviews that I had read here, I was prepared for a pretty basic (crappy) stay. I knew that the location could not be beat but was a bit wary on the condition of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was pretty much new (room 202). We stayed here based on the price and the location, thinking we would do more excursions and still be able to get around on foot. I later found out that the Dutch Government is very strict on the condition of the hotels. The view from their deck is fantastic and there is a great restaurant next door that plays Motown Music (Governers). They do offer a $10 breakfast if you are staying at the hotel. It is OK,but you have to know that pretty much a standard breakfast consists of eggs, bread, ham and cheese.We did not have dinner at the hotel, so I can't comment on that.Jorge at the Otrobanda was outstanding. The only con to the hotel that I can think of is that the maids were outside our room very early (7am) screaming and yelling, which I didn't care for. But in their defense I did not go into the hallway and tell them to tone it down, which I easily could've done.

The island is not that big and you can rent a car pretty cheaply. It is also very safe. The people are awesome. You can walk to all the great restaurants and shops in Willemstad, pretty much all within 20 minutes at the most. The Renaissance is about a 10 minute walk as well as the high end shops attached to it. It has a beautiful pool. We used the pool on the last day, just walked right in and made ourselves comfortable. Be prepared that taxis are very expensive here. A way around that is to take a tour, it's usually more economical and you'll see more. You can also take the bus for $1. When you go make sure you go to The Governer's, Scampi's, Porto, Kome and LoBoheme . The. tuna tartare in this country is exceptional!. If you aren't a big snob and don't mind the simple things in life, this hotel is great. If you are a Marriott person then you need to go there!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a view!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Smack in the middle of town, overlooking the Wilhelmina Bridge if you have a room on the port side. It is quite spectacular when you see the cargo ships being towed in or out to sea. The hotel could use a few modifications and updates. If you do not mind a faded charm, but look for an excellent kitchen...the breakfast buffet is very good and not expensive and dinner is excellent. Front desk and service in general are adequate.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 31 May 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you for the review. We hope to welcome you soon back at our hotel.

Best regards,

The Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 26 March 2017

It was cheaper. But amenities were not so significant to include. Room services need to be fast enough. It was really annoying. Didn't get the dinner so tasty. Rooms should've been clean more. On average it was good.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 March 2017

Dear sirs,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry your experience wasn't as pleasant as expected. I will feedback with the different departments so that each may work on their service and products.

Best regards,