All reviews private beach rooms are fine large swimming pool protected cove small things clean towels mini fridge lobby area wi fi pontoon bridge lagoon usd
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Stay here in April. The lobby is the only thing that is updated. The rooms are of size. The hallway does smell and stains. My room had a lamp shade that had rust around it. You would think that replacing the lamp would be and easy fix so as not to give a bad impression. The staff is not personable. When checking in no cheerful greetings. But that seems to and Island thing. Room had ants in it when we can back from being out in the day. But informed front desk and they informed housekeeping. But they seemed surprised when I mentioned it. Breakfast is extra so get breakfast included room rate it will be cheaper. The breakfast was good. Housekeeping every day. Hotel is in good location and it is quite not a lot of people. Has Casino on site and a small gift store. Overall the rooms need to be updated but livable for the price. Has an awesome dive shop located on property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan C
Daniel A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you for your review. You highlighted Value and Location.

We are renovating rooms. Hope to have you back soon

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My family has been coming here for years. Despite its quirks and the hotel's continued need for maintenance, we continue to book.... eyes wide open.... and have a great time. We have always stayed in the Cabanas on the beach which are kept clean and functional. This year we unfortunately had a few days without hot water and actually 1/2 day without water at all due to a tree falling on a pipe... but it was fixed with urgency by the hotel staff. We are a family of 6 who doesn't sweat the small stuff so this is a perfect choice: the beach is 20 feet away from the Cabana, which is large enough to accommodate our family. The kitchenette & refrigerator works, the beds and roll-away are comfortable, it's a relatively quiet beach & pool (except on weekends), the staff is for the most part friendly, and for us the price is right. It's a shame the view of the horizon is partially obstructed by the new pier....but we got past that and a few other hiccups and really enjoyed our time here. We hope to come back in 2019.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank massn8v2018
Daniel A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you again soon. The property will continue to improve as we are renovating in stages.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Stayed here for a week at the end of februari 2018 and it was exactly what I needed. A cheap room with a private beach, a swimming pool and a restaurant on the side (Denny's). Friendly staff and there's even a little shop where you can buy snacks, ice cream, drinks, shampoo, mosquito repellant etc. The hotel is situated only 10 minutes from the center of Willemstad. The wifi worked fine during my stay, even at the beach. If it doesn't work properly, you can buy a sim card with internet data at the Digital store at Brion Square in Willemstad. It'll cost you only a few dollars. I did this in advance, but I almost never used it because the wifi was ok.

Yes, the hotel is an old mess and is in desperate need of an update. Just don't expect too much for such a low roomrate. And I have to say, during my stay, every day I saw the crew renewing or fixing up something.

Rooms:
The rooms are fine. They're cleaned very well every day and they have comfy beds. The downside is the high humidity in the room and the moldy smell. But that's the tropics I guess! One thing that did really bother me were the mosquito's. Every day I woke up with at least 6 new bites, even though I drowned myself in mosquito repellant with DEET. A mosquito net would have been nice.

Pool & beach:
The pool is great en the beach is fine. At the beach you'll look out on some giant cruise ships on your left hand. If you want a stretched ocean view, just look to the right side. They are finished with building the pier, so there's no building noise anymore. I would recommend some jelly shoes or something like that, because there are a lot of small rocks and pieces of dead coral on the beach. There were more than enough beds and places with shade around the pool and on the beach when I was there.

Breakfast:
Breakfast is good and it's right on the beach! Included in the room price you have a choice of brown and white slices of bread (not fresh though, but you can put them in the toaster). Scrambled egg, boiled eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes with syrup, (old) croissants, cheese, ham, fresh fruit, yoghurt, etc. The major downside were the birds. A group of at least 20 birds terrorize the breakfast area. Trying to steal from your plate, flying very low over the guests. They're quite aggressive. Hopefully the management will do something about this.

Conclusion: overall a great cheap option on an expensive island. I would stay here again. Especially if some things get an update like mosquito nets and maybe something/someone to scare off the birds.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room with poolview, or you'll be looking at an ugly parking lot/mud pool.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank 87SH
Daniel A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

We are working hard to improve. We welcome you to come back again soon and see the improvements we are making. Every week we are further along on our renovation schedule.

Bon Bini

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

The place is absolutely horrible! The rooms are suuper dirty! Dirty sheets, towls..everything! The furniture is old and pretty nasty! Broken or full of rust in the bathroom! I stood there for 2 night and then move! At the breakfast you have to pay for each egg you eat! It's hoooorible! Needs urgent renovation or SHUT IT DOWN!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A S

We cannot find your reservation.

The only reservation relevant was and agent of another company.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A S
Daniel A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We have no record of you as a guest.