“Must go here while in Westpunt”
Review of Sol Food

Sol Food
Ranked #7 of 405 Restaurants in Curacao
Price range: USD 0 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sol Food is a small casual place where we (David and Sunshine) serve lunch and dinner on our deck. We live downstairs and have a 3 bedroom vacation rental upstairs, Sunshine Getaway. Westpunt is at the far west end of the island and is quite small. Our home is on the Weg Naar Playa Kalki about a half mile before you get to the Lodge Kura Hulanda. To find us, take the road across from Jaanchie's restaurant and a left between the cemetery and ball field. If you any trouble finding us, ask anyone where we live.We are a part of our community and the island. David has a mountain bike club for the boys in town, the Westpunt Riders Boys Mountain Bike Club and I am involved with the American Women's Club and a few other organizations around Curacao. We do not have the luxury of American wholesalers or grocery stores and I shop every Thursday with fingers crossed that I'll be able to find all that we need for Sol Food. We are open Friday, Saturday and Sunday noon to 9PM, reservations are recommended. There are only 9 tables and it is hard to accommodate any group larger than 8 guests. The Lodge has a banquet room. Besides the Lodge and Jaanchies, you can eat at Misje or Rancho Sobrino here in town. Our menu is simple; pizza, salads and/or tuna, shrimp, tilapia, snapper, steak, chicken, hot dogs or hamburgers from the grill.We hire the boys from the bike club and a couple of local women. We are not a high end restaurant nor do we wish to be one. Many of the boys have worked for us 3 or 4 years and returning guests have been able to see how they have progressed not only in life but with their language and social skills. We find that those who chose to stay in Westpunt are laid back and casual, most of them are snorkelers, divers or mountain bikers. Many have become friends and we all enjoy seeing each other when they return.If you are staying in Westpunt or Lagun, Sol Food is a great place to meet with old or new friends and have something to eat. But really folks, it's just simple American food. If you are staying in Santa Barbara, Jan Theil or Jan Sofat, it is over an hour drive one way. We highly recommend that you do take the drive to see the beaches and National Parks. If you have time, come by for lunch or an early dinner and drive back during the daylight. We are 45 minutes from Lions Dive, Sunscape and the Royal Sea Aquarium and 35 minutes from the Renaissance, Hilton and Marriott. There is such a variety of great places to eat all over Curacao. We hope you enjoy your stay.
Reviewed 29 October 2017

It was great to find a really good pizza in a restaurant with a nice buzz at this quiet end of the island of Curacao. We had a lovely chat with the owner, atedelicious pizza and salad and drank some really good wine. This is a really special eating place in Westpunt. I recommend booking as it is very popular.The serving staff are local people which is very nice to see. The owners are very enthusiastic about Curacao and a great source of information.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely spot in westpunt for a sunset dinner. Summer was a charming hostess, and the brownies were yummy.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Sol Food was a nice change of pace after finding out that most restaurants on the island of Curacao fry their fish. I find that practice odd, but anyway here at Sol I got some Fresh Tuna just lightly seared with some rice and vegetables.
My only problem with Sol is that the food is a little underwhelming, low on salt, low on spices. It was if I informed them that I had a heart condition and the food needed to be as bland as possible. I added a good dose of salt, which was at the table. On top of that, the bill was a good $20 more on average than what I had been paying at other places for a dinner. Not sure it's worth that.
I heard the Pizza is pretty good here, maybe next time I'll try that.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The view was great. Sunshine, the owner I presume, was very friendly and helpful. The setting on the deck looking at the night divers was tranquil. The pizza was good, the salad was fresh and the wine was decent. The fish was a bit over cooked for my liking, but I would return based on how nice the owner is and the view.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We shared a pizza with a mix of everything! Plenty of food and very tasty! You receive three bowls with topping: garlic, parmesan, and chiliflakes! A great way to add more spice if you want!

We finished our lunch by sharing a brownie with ice cream, also this pleanty enough to share. Best value for money so far on Curacao.