USD 254
USD 212
USD 181
galahotels.com
5,395 results
All reviewssirenas buffetcoral buffetcoral lobby barsirenas poolhour snack barhave a good timeping pongnight lifepaellakeep in mindwhite sandhot saucegreat tripthe mexican restaurantamazing beachgreat resortdance lessons
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My room was flooded with water, telephone was non functional. When I told reception they referred me to customer service which apparently was over there with a wave of the hand. When I objected I was finally shown where it was. I was assured the problem would be fixed in 10 minutes. I walked to town and came back 4 hours later. The flood was worse. It took insistence and another 2 hours before finally getting another room. Out of 7 members of my group, 6 had to get other rooms because of the poor facility. Even the new rooms assigned were not in great repair. Furthermore there is nothing to do at night, no entertainment.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Adriaan v
314coral, Director of Sales at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear
Thank you very much for your comments, it is important for us to know the opinions of our customers. We regret very much that a bad perception of our installation has taken, our team of workers strives hard to get the customers to be satisfied. If you have any situation in your room, you can contact Customer Service where you will be treated and your problem resolved in the shortest possible time.
We have activities for customers at night time, in addition to the Havana Cafe nightclub inside the installation in the Sirens Section. We hope you choose again for Sol Hotels. Have a good day

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had reservations for this resort on March 11/18 and when we went to check in we were advised that 'they had a bad day and had overbooked'. Same with a couple from England who had also "booked" there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
314coral, Director of Sales at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear
Thank you very much for your comments, it is important for us to know the opinions of our customers. We regret that you have taken a bad opinion of our installation, our team of workers strives hard to ensure that customers are satisfied with the product, it is a pity not having met our objectives with you. Have a good day

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our 5th trip to Varadero, 7th to cuba, and 12th trip in 15 years. Based on our prior teips, this resort is really opportunity missed. What could have been a nice resort is... well poorly managed. Yes there are the usual issues with 3 star varadero resorts. Worn down buildings, locks that don't always work, doors that don't actually always close, and AC that may or may not work. All things we overlook when vacationing. This resort just comes short on so many levels. We went to the Sol Sirenas as a last minute decision, as we were taking our daughter and granddaughter, so a family resort. The list of things that could have easily been managed grew longer and longer as the week went on. Same foods every day, every meal in the buffet. Swim up bar with limited selection, as in Only Rum drinks and draught beer, (if you wanted a vodka or tequila based drink you had to walk to the beach bar). The Animation team was the worst i've seen. Would show up at 3pm for pool volleyball, throw the ball to a vacationer and walk way. The animation team spent 95% of their time squirrled away in the theatre or talking amongst themselves. Basically they were non existant. Snack counter/bar would run out of food daily, and ran out of fries on wednesday for the week. Internet cards may or may not be available based on how many they had left in any given day. Half of the resort was deserted. In the Sirenis side it felt like someone had abandoned the buildings. If you wanted to book mini putt or tennis you had to walk from the Coral part of the resort which is where 90% of the actity is,to the Sernis part , on the other side of the resort. Booking a la cartes were a chore. Could only book 1 day in advance, and depending on the day, the oriental restaurant does not exist, or the tex/mex restaurant does not exist. Really horrible system waiting in a line up at 9am to book. Pretty bad when their own excursion partners dont show up with bus transportation, as the rep had to hike to the highway to flag down a bus to get tourists from the Resort to the excusrion (marina). Only upside was the maid service who were great, and the A La Cartes Restaurants were good. All in all , this place although has potential, but is so poorly managed we will not return, and dont recommend.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank maritimetraveller61

Reviewed 28 March 2018

If you are looking for a budget hotel and are not expecting good food and don't mind an old worn out resort then this is a good choice. NEGATIVES: The resort, rooms and beds are very old. Room cleaning was not great even though we tipped and left gifts everyday. Water for resort was shut down twice for an hour each time during our stay. Both rooms across the hall from us had major floods...broken water lines I presume. The large hotel building closest to beach in front of pool is closed and due to be demolished. You must pay up front for your towels 15 cuc each but you are reimbursed when they are turned in. You can exchange them daily for fresh ones. I was not expecting great food but OMG, the buffet food was horrible. POSITIVES: the beach and water is second to none. Beautiful! There are no pedlars on the beach like you find in Mexico. For the most part, the staff was pleasant...(Tipping goes a long way here. At the bars, you will watch people behind you get their drinks first if you don't tip) The Italian a la carte was very good! The pool is well maintained. Walking distance from the Veradero shopping/restauarant strip. Bus is about three minute ride.
I will return to Cuba but not at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 March 2018

There were many positives to this resort and some negatives, I am an extremely laid back traveller and can see the good out of everything, so non of the negative aspects of the hotel really affected my trip. Here are some of my observations:
Room: I was travelling solo and was given a room right in the middle of both sides of the resort (building 27 & 28) the room was huge, a suite style room with a king size bed. The bed was fairly comfortable and overall I had good sleeps. It was pretty loud when the nightly entertainment was happening but things quieted down after 11pm every night. Downsides to the room was the air conditioner made a loud buzzing noise every so often and no hot water all week (no matter what time of day)
Resort grounds: Very nice resort with lots of trees and green space, there are two sides, Coral and Sirenas. I spent most of my time on the Sirenas side. At night the grounds can be a little hazardous with lots of steps and curbs with minimal lighting.
Beach: BEAUTIFUL as usual. lots of available chairs, again there are two sides of the beach, I found the Sirenas side to be quieter and more relaxing.
Food: Food was hit and miss. I would recommend getting to the buffet as soon as they open, the food tastes fresher and warmer, more choices of desserts as well at the beginning. Wait staff was very kind, they made me flowers out of napkins and one had decorated all of her tables with flower petals :) The best drinks by far are made at the lobby bar on the Sirenas side. Sex on the beach, pina colada and mojitos were my drinks of choice! Snack bars were often crowded, I didn't bother most days. Great coffee served in the morning beside the snack bar, Sirenas side.
Overall, this resort was well worth the price the staff are amazing and friendly, I had an amazing and relaxing week!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo