New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“What I did get to see was great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brisas del Caribe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Brisas del Caribe Hotel
Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Varadero
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“What I did get to see was great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

My 2 sisters and I went here for a sister vacay last week. It was raining when we arrived Thursday night. The tile they have on this resort is deadly when it's wet. We were there for one hour before my sister slipped on the tile and broke her foot, ankle and leg. The staff did as much as they could and the other guests that we met were very nice. We had to wait almost 2 hours for the ambulance to come. The shorter version of this story is just that it was hell. They took us to the city of Matanzas... scariest place I've ever been. We had to leave the next day to get my sister back to Canada so she could have her foot re-attached. Since we had a couple of hours before we had to leave for the airport, we went to the beach for about 15 mins. and sat by the pool for about an hour. The room was decent. Some people are just so fussy and want something to complain about. Because of some of these reviews, I was nervous to go but it was fine. Just be careful everywhere when it's wet. This was my first trip ever. Maybe one day, I'll get to try it again. Big thanks to Horhay(not spelled right). He was amazing through everything and Raoul, the bellboy was also great. Give this one a chance. I only had a ham and cheese sandwich there but that tasted good and the fries at the 24 hour bar were awesome.

Room Tip: we stayed on the south side in the villas... they are a good size and there were no bugs that we cou...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Joanne M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I love Cuba, I stayed in this lovely hotel with my other 5 friends in all inclusive. I really enjoyed my stay here, everyone was so friendly, food was great, great entertainment and the beach was so wonderful Cristal clear waters. Wow how i wish i was back again.

Room Tip: Sea view is the best
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank DaisyG35
barrie,ontario,canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

made trip number 12 or 14 to brisas del caribe.ive lost track of how many visits.and always to the same place,its like going home for us.lots of upgrades,lots of hugs,smiles and time spent with special friends. the registered massage therapist Emilia,as always,took great care of me,the hands of an angel,and big thanks again to Isaac,the food and beverage manager for helping to make this stay amazing as always.to all the staff,bartenders,front desk,maids and entertainers,i missed you all so much since i was there last april 2012. altho this visit had to be a short one of just 1 week,if all goes well,we will be back in november 2012 for 2 wks. mucho gracias mi amigos<3 te quiero

Room Tip: try for the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank rosalind57
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I wish I could change my resort right a way. We arrived at 3:00 p.m with 5 months old baby but they didn't let us in until 4:00. There was a big fight happened in the hallway for over an hour around 2:00 in the morning but we couldn't call the receptionist because the phone wasn't working. When we complained the next morning to the receptionist they were very rude. The food was yukkkk , terrible. They didn't provide us water bottle and we had to buy it from the store. The caretaker didn't clean our room for 2 days that when my husband started to complain and the receptionist called the manager and the security which they started harassing him and to tell him to shut up. We had to call our rap and .... I have to say it was the worst trip we ever had. Unclen resort, un friendly staff, terrible food , lazy maid, disgusting:( and we paid $1600 Canadian dollars:( Please please please don't go to this one , especially if u r having a baby . We regret going there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Naj P
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

If you booked this one! It's not much to be said other that if I would have known what it looks like, I would have gone with a different choice. First day eventhough we arrived around noon they didn 't allow us in the rooms till almost 4:30pm, and around 5 we were supposed to meet with the Rep. For briefing, related to booking restaurants and activities, etc. I just skipped the whole thing.
The hotel needs an overhaul, the restaurants, maybe one you can consider OK; barely booked them for the fact that we were waited, for later in the day, to avoid lines; not to many words about the food, poor choices, really hard to consider to be diverse, so if you are picky, you have to stick with certain choices for the whole week, just make sure you are on the safe side. Basically under promised standards advertised. Never to book again here.

Room Tip: Book something else, if you don't want to have just some time off at the ocean - you cannot call...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Adrian S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Varadero
Sol Hotel
#5 of 7 in Grand Cul-de-Sac
A Peace of Paradise
A Peace of Paradise
#1 of 1 in Praslin Quarter

Been to Brisas del Caribe Hotel? Share your experiences!