All reviewselite sectionelite restaurantelite packagesnack barelite guestselite roomla caracolastar caferooftop restaurantjuan manuelfood labellingbuffet downstairsjapanese restaurantadult poolssea viewswim up roompasta
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Ok let me first start with the famous saying...." you don't go to cuba for the food ".... well I am not a fussy eater ... this resort was the worst ever... As people would say " you could live of french fries and bread " ..If there was ever fries they would be ice cold ...the bread Station was not sanitary ... Wait for 20 to 25 minutes for a omelette.................
Where right beside there was a empty sation with no one working ......Empty dishes nothing labeled ... when a person pays good money .. they shouldn't have to go else where to eat... I tried for the ala carts almost impossible to get .. I was getting very upset mangerment and sunwing was then able to find me and my party reservations at the elite section one night for supper 33 cucs each if we had to pay ..lol what a joke .. They did have a better selection of liquar there then the other bars ... every bar sation we went to made the same drink different... how are you training your employees??? I worked in the food industry for over 30 years please get management to review in this area...
Bartenders were so slow in the lobby bar no rhyme or reason waiting on people..The pooĺ bar was one of the better ones... Our favorite of all was the snack bar it wasn't great .. but the food was a bit better then what was served at the buffet.( sorry back on the food again ) Thank you to house keeping a job well done...so enjoyed your display and notes every day... I was so looking forward to staying at a 5 star this year in cuba.. the resort was beautiful...The pool area amazing and the entertainment was fantastic... Beach beautiful but as other reviews are saying fix the step down to the beach for the matter of time its going to take you get it done .... I know there is reviews all over the place on this resort but this is what my husband and I experienced along with our friends on our visit from march 23 to the 29 sorry to say we will not be back ......certain areas it could be a five star .. but in so many other areas it was one.. To adverage it out I will give it a 2 and a half ..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dietarygal
QualityMCuba, Manager at Iberostar Bella Vista Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for sending us your feedback and for making our hotel Iberostar the hotel of your choice for your recent holiday.

It is rewarding to see our snack bar service and food were of your liking, as well as our beautiful facilities, pool area and Animation Program. However we are saddened to hear that our exquisite buffet did not live up to your expectations because a passion for gastronomy is one of the strengths of our company. Daily we strive to take care of our varied menus that combine quality and quantity following high standards. We have shared your comments with our team of chefs because; at Iberostar we know that the well-being of our guests is the reason for our daily work. We are also surprised to read your comment about our staff because we carefully select all our employees and we take care of their continued training in order to guarantee the high standards of quality that characterize us. We have sent your comments to the relevant departments and we will do our best to ensure that any situation that does not meet our criteria is corrected.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company in the not too distant future and we thank very much for your helpful feedback.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I booked this hotel to spend a relaxing week with my 12 year old daughter and 71 year old mother. Not only the check out took forever but when finally we got into the room we found out that there is only 1 queen size bed inside plus a tiny toddler bed suitable for a child 3 year old or younger. I requested the gentleman at the reception to provide us with a proper room and he said this is not possible because hotel does not have any other rooms available and we got proper room for 2 adults and 12 year old child. He was very firm and irritated with my request.The bed has no mattress, but 2 pieces of foam which come apart when you lie down. Only a tiny pillow was provided. Also a maid did not want to provide any bedding because she said that this bed does not get anything except the sheet... After i screamed in despair she finally brought the quilt... This is my 5th time in Cuba but the first time when i am so disappointed with the hotel, and I will never use Iberostar chain again. My elderly mother has to share a bed with my daughter which she did not expect to do and i sleep on this TODLER BED...which is not what i expected for my hard earned money. i am guaranteed a visit in chiropractor after. Not to mention the hot water is not always available and the food is bad. i could live with the food and survive cold showers. But the bed is a complete disaster and i would be better off camping. Shame on you Iberostar. You will never see another penny from me or any recommendation. i do not suggest this hotel for anyone travelling with companion and child when you do not expect to share a bed.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank explorer141
QualityMCuba, Manager at Iberostar Bella Vista Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for sending us your review and for choosing our hotel Iberostar Bella Vista as your preferred hotel in Varadero, Cuba.
We regret to hear about your disappointment regarding the accommodation problems you and your family had. We would like to offer you a sincere apology for the attitude described from our Front Desk Staff and the maid that attended your request, this situation certainly does not reflect the service we aim to offer to our guests. Please know that we have already sent your feedback to our Room Division Manager in order for him to take the corresponding measures to avoid any further inconveniences.
Please allow us to explain that when a change of room is requested our staff must try their best to find a different accommodation, but it always depend on availability. We are very sorry because it was not possible in your case and we deeply apologize if the situation was not handled properly.
We are saddened to read that you do not intend to return to our resort but we truly hope we may prove you in the future our commitment to exceptional customer service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

we were tranfered from the Laguna Azul who had problems with water and it was an upgrade. A new hotel, less than 1 year, nice room, very clean and we always got what we asked for in the room. Nice location and everything close by, my first experience with elevator, not my favorite. Enough chairs at the beach and the pool even if people reserve early, we do too. Animation and entertainement is great. As for the food, the best I have had in Cuba, they improve each year, some things in buffet a little cold but always possible to get fresly cooked. The coffee shop is very popular

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Diane L
Gabriel M, General Manager at Iberostar Bella Vista Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Diane,

On behalf off all the staff and management at the Iberostar Bella Vista I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and comments with us. Please be noticed that for Iberostar Hotel and Resorts guest feedback really matters as it is the main key for continue improving all our services. We are truly happy to know that you enjoyed your holidays and that we went beyond your expectations while staying with us. We hope to be able to host you back in the near future. Until then,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived a day late due to weather yet our friends had to wait for a room. The rooms were nice, beds quite comfortable, maid service was excellent. I can't understand why the bathtub is so high. Very dangerous.

The bar service at the lobby bar was terrible. There was no rhyme nor reason as to who they served first. Tipping made no difference either.
We spent a couple evenings at the bar of the snack bar and service there was great. Very friendly servers.

This was our first trip to Cuba and I was prepared for the food to not be as good as DR or Mexico. Neither my husband nor I are picky eaters but the food at this resort was terrible!! Service in the buffet was terrible. There are not enough staff and layout of the buffet made no sense. Unless you went for breakfast very early, you stood in a lineup for 1/2 hr waiting for an omelette. Meanwhile, there were grills that were not turned on.

I see from other reviews that management only respond to favourable reviews. I suspect it's pointless to note improvements for them but maybe it will make a difference for someone considering visiting this resort. Look elsewhere!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Cindy M
QualityMCuba, Manager at Iberostar Bella Vista Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write to us and share this review of your recent holiday at our hotel Iberostar Bella Vista.
We seriously take into consideration all the reviews we receive from our guests or guests to be.
It is rewarding to see you could at least enjoy your beautiful, comfortable and well attended room. However we regret to hear our bathroom design was not of your liking as well as our service at the Lobby bar and the food at the Buffet.
Also, we would like to apologize concerning the service received. We will pass on your comments to all department managers to enable us to guarantee a splendid service from each and every staff member. We lay high value on the client orientation of our employees because we do understand that this is a prime factor in achieving maximum client satisfaction.We know that we can only maintain our excellent standards by constant dialogue with our valued guests. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We do have all our grills working but as we hold thousands of guests daily it may seems that the service is not enough.

We apologize and we hope to have the opportunity of welcome you again in the future in order to create a memorable holiday for you and your family.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We visited a month ago as a couple for our first trip to Cuba, and on the whole I must say we thoroughly enjoyed it. The resort was impressive, the atmosphere was amazing and we really enjoyed it. I feel like I'm going to echo what the majority of people are saying but I hope the hotel take everyone's comments on board because most things seem like they'd be really easy to fix.

Rooms: No complaints whatsoever, I did hear a rumour about a lack of hot water but we never experienced it. So I can't really comment. We had a really comfortable stay and everything from the bathroom to the balcony was great.

Poolside: Again, no complaints. No mad rush for sun loungers, a nice pool and side area with plenty going on. Staff at the pool bar were absolutely fantastic. Although I found on the first day I needed to make a point of introducing myself and speaking up to actually get served over the more acquainted guests. Other than this, we didn't go without anything. The staff walking around the pool serving drinks were brilliant, and never too busy to check if anyone needed umbrellas etc.

Entertainment: We wish we'd seen more of this, as we really enjoyed what we did see! The reason we didn't is because we simply didn't know what was going on half the time. There was a tiny noticeboard in reception that was really easy to miss - and wrong twice that we saw it. We went to the lobby one night to find them setting up seating and lights for an amazing synchronised swimming act - which we didn't know about as there was no notice! The theatre shows were great too.

Buffet: This is where everyone says most and I will follow suit. The buffet restaurant was average. My biggest compliment was that the staff were working up a sweat as they didn't stop rushing around - my complaint is that it doesn't need to be like this!! It just needs organising. We arrived every night wondering whether we could sit on any tables or not - as no staff seemed to know who was coming or going and found it impossible to keep up with their guests. Easy solution? Come up with a system of greeting guests and sitting them down. You'll then know who has arrived/needs attention etc and who has left and who can sit down. Instead of running around trying to guess. The buffet area was a bit disorganised too. The layout wasn't the best for the volume of people and half of the time I was putting food onto my plate crossing my fingers because it wasn't labelled. We didn't get sick like some guests say they did - but I did leave a piece of pork one day because I noticed it wasn't cooked. Cuba is quite a secluded country and in fairness, they do a good job of trying to recreate worldwide food, they just don't have it quite right yet. Breakfast was great, but I was disappointed to only get hash browns on one day for the whole stay!

A la carte Restaurants: They are too small for the size of the resort!! I tried to book them on our first day and was told there was no availability for the next 4 days, and after that only 9pm slots were left. So we literally didn't get the chance to try them all. Italian was decent, but goes back to my last comment on the worldwide food. HOWEVER, the teppanyaki restaurant is probably one of the best nights I've had in a restaurant on holiday. Thoroughly recommended and everyone else there agreed. Definitely try it!

Lobby bar: Mixed reviews on this one... We had amazing service from some staff and shocking service from others. I appreciate tipping is a great incentive but if you don't get to know new guests and look after them they won't get the opportunity to be grateful and tip you in return.

On the whole, the place does need some improvements but I must be honest, we thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it. As I mentioned, the little issues would be really easy to fix, and I'm sure with some fine tuning this hotel will be one of the best in Varadero.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room or at least a pool view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lewm91

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff and management at the Iberostar Bella Vista I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and comments with us. Please be noticed that for Iberostar Hotels and resorts guest feedback really matters as it is the main key for continue improving all our services. I would like to inform you that all your comments about the service at the main buffet have been already shared with the Executive Chef and the Maitre of the hotel in order to take action. We are truly happy to know that you enjoyed your vactions and that we fulfilled your expectations while staying with us. Finally we hope to be able to host you back in the near future. Until then,