1,424 results
All reviews modern hotel international hotel italian restaurant top floor rooftop bar high rise breakfast buffet is pianist playing stayed here for nights junior suite town centre comfortable rooms currency exchange the air conditioning visit santiago seafood wifi
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Last night in Cuba and the hotel was ok. I didn't expect luxury, on any level. But this hotel like all others during my visit suited my needs. Room was clean, elevators worked and we found Italian restaurant on first floor an excellent choice for a meal. There is a night club, but when we visited it was a little to early for entertainment to start. I was impressed with the small art gallery that had paintings available for purchase. Like with any hotel, any where i visit. I want clean and decent. I'm there to visit the country not spend time in my room. I had no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Director G, General Manager at Melia Santiago de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear Ms. Rosemarie R:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Melia Santiago de Cuba. I am so glad to hear about your positive experience with us. It has being nice to read that you liked very much the Italian Restaurant as well as the Art Gallery on mezzanine level and the cleanliness in the room. Good to know that our services suited your needs.

Once again many thanks for your review and hope to welcome you one more time in Melia Santiago de Cuba Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

reception girls are OK
they give you only free one card each 1 hr internet free , after you must pay a new one .... but as usual in cuba very slow connection so 1 hr equal 20' in europe or usa ........., and in bedrooms you have to be in a special place , other wise nothing works, better in reception hall
we took the Level executive 8 & 9 floor large rooms with special service , - late check out , up to 6 pm - twice daily room service ( but they forgot the 3 days there - at 3.30 pm the 1 st morning service not provided ....... ) , and the same day laundry not taken ( then they rush to do it in less than 1 hr .... ) -

the complimentary VIP rooms for our 8 & 9 th floor use ( drinks , breakfast etc ( as in other international hotel ) is in fact 2 bedrooms - with one bathroom in each ......... transform in a cafeteria with drinks , food , etc only for us
the beverage day time consist of = one fruit juice ( as always half water , half may be juice !! but you dont know which one !! on hot water "bottle" with on the side 3 kind of tea bags , NO alcohol, etc ( other hotel providing the same service offer alcool )
between the 2 " rooms" only 4 tables for 2 seaters !!! in the other room = under plastic globe two kind of canape toast , one dry ham, one with dry - too- sausage ....... beurk ) total 20 canape toast !!!! for breakfast , croissant , and two other pastries - not dry - = with in other room hot water and tea bags ( no chocolate . ) 2 juices ... (water..... )
taken away at 10.30 !!!!*
l went there 4 times ( twice for 2 hr ) , never saw any customer there this is in fact 1000 miles away from what you got in other hotel offering that service .......... but you paid the same kind of price !!!

breakfast huge buffet but as most hotel in cuba the offer the same cheese cut differently in 6 plates , ham the same tricks...... juices a little more juices , service good clean
for diner same huge buffet one of only 2 hotels during or 7 hotels visits who offer meat ( beef thin medium quality )

the discotheque on top floor nice view of city , terrace for 10/12 seaters plus balcony around for another 5 or 6 x2 seaters but few customers..... they have a little show some evening;, in fact a signer and a ballet lady who dance cuban
flamenco ......

Room Tip: executive 8 & 9 floor rooms good for size but forget the private buffet rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Director G, General Manager at Melia Santiago de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Patrick c,

First of all, we would like thank you for sharing your review with all the travellers. All your comments are genuinely important for our improvement.

We really feel sorry to know that we did not meet your expectations, especially with The Level service. We would like to mention, concerning the wifi service, that by the time you stayed with us, Etecsa S.A, the communication company in Cuba was making huge arrangements in their platform, keeping us from offering the usual 24 hour free Internet cards. At present everything is back to normal.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences found in the Lounge Bar. All your comments have been addressed to the departments involved in order to take action and improve on these to avoid the same mistakes in the future. This level of service is definitely not in line with our high standards and the Meliá experience we would like to create.

Many thanks once again for your kind observations and we keep looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Stayed for two nights during a Cuban tour. Hotel is very modern with every convenience you can wish for. Reception area is huge and also holds a bar with evening entertainment. Hotel Wifi cards are expensive - 4.5CUC in comparison to 1CUC for routine post office cards. The latter can be used in a small public park hotspot that lies just behind the hotel.
Our room on the ninth floor was large, comfortable and had a good view of the area. The happy hour bar on the 15th floor has amazing views and open balcony areas to sit a enjoy the views. Public lifts were rapid and never had to wait long.
Great swimming pool areas with plenty of seating and access to three restaurants.
Personnel were all helpful and smiling.
Buffet restaurant was OK - standard food - nothing exciting but we found that throughout Cuba.
Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacko48
Director G, General Manager at Melia Santiago de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Jacko48,

Thank you so much for taking part of your time to share all these kind words with us which means a lot.

We are greatly pleased to read you had a wonderful stay at Meliá Santiago de Cuba. This is definitely the best reward to our continuous work. It is delightful to read you found everything you needed in the hotel: great swimming pool areas, spacious room with great views, an attractive place for the Happy hour, and to make it even better an attentive and helpful staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Santiago and to providing you with the perfect Meliá experience you truly deserve.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2018

This was my very first trip to Cuba, and I was looking forward to my stay at this Hotel, However I was very disappointed. The pictures and description they give on their website is NOT accurate. First, The Airconditioner does Not work anywhere in the Hotel. My room was 1003 and if I slept 30 minutes it was to much. Very hot. And when we asked the Bellman who brought up my luggage if the A/C could be made cooler. He replied that it would not. There were roaches in my room ( I have pictures to prove it) they need a better system to check the minibar. It is very disrespectful to tell the guest they cannot leave unless they check the room and minibar. Everything they sell is extremely overpriced. You can buy the same items outside the Hotel for half the price. Internet was very poor. Only get connection in the Lobby. I don’t think I will be returning to this Hotel unless they make major improvements. Especially. Fixing the A/C.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Director G, General Manager at Melia Santiago de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Victor P:

Thank you so much for your review.

Your comments are incredibly important for us and we would like to apologize as we were not able to exceed your expectations this time.

We are very sorry to read your air conditioner did not work properly and after reporting it you did not find a positive outcome. We are as well very sorry about the rest of the inconveniences. In this regards, I would like to reassure we will take your case as a reference for improving systems and procedures.

We would like to thank you for your feedbacks and we would like you to give us a second opportunity at Meliá Santiago de Cuba. It will be a truly pleasure to assist you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and turn this experience.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I never slept there however I visited this hotel three times, last time in December 2017. Very helpful reception desk and other working there people, very clean, washrooms similar to any Hilton around the world. The architecture is breathtaking, interior finish like many high end hotels around the World.
The best thing there is La Casa Del Habano, well stocked with walk in humidors and efficient sales personnel. I was buying 4 boxes of cigars each time and they permitted to open and inspect all of them prior to sale. Their prices are according to official price list - contrary to many other places.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrzej_Maks
Director G, General Manager at Melia Santiago de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Andrzej_Maks:

It has been a great pleasure to receive your review. Many thanks for all your compliments. We are glad you have enjoyed of so many services in our hotel and specially the Casa del Habano where the Staff is wonderful as well as the quality of their products.

One more time we thank you for posting this lovely review and hope you will eventually stay with us.

Kind regards,