“Its ok”

Restaurante El Patio
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Camaguey
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

It was wonderful when it first opened. Quality is not the same anymore. A lot of the food on their menu isnt available sometimes.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Less crowded than most since it is a little further from the centre. Pleasant place with good service and an open kitchen. Little English is spoken, but the menu has a translation. They do offer slightly different food from the standard, the quality and price being good. You can even get a glass of Chilean wine for 2CUC. We enjoyed our evening there.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 11 January 2017

This is a new place across República St (#379) from the Bigornia bar-restaurant already reviewed here. The seating area Is at the very back of a refurbished house, down a long, tiled hallway embellished with plants and typical adornments. Seating is limited, only about 12 tables and only 3 of those under the roof of the colonnade fronting the open air patio. There are 2 large trees, plants, flowering creepers, a parrot, 2 loose chickens, hanging orchids and delicious aromas coming from the kitchen, with a storage room at the very back. I took prominent painter Orestes Larios and my ladyfriend Amada for lunch but we had to wait for 30 minutes at the Bigornia before they opened, promptly at noon. By the time we finished our beers, 10 minutes later, the place was nearly full and we got the penultimate table, at the back under the colonnade roof, next to the mini-bar/staff station. Service was spotty at first, the joint was jumping, and my malanga appy (taro fritters) came lukewarm and greasy so I returned it and got back a perfect platter, the dish overflowing with hot, delicious fritters which we shared. I had the breaded snapper, Orestes the chicken breast filet and Amada the fricassee lamb all with copious sides of rice, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes and plantain, one very large salad for all, 3 beers, a bottle of semi-sweet, white, Spanish plunk (Azotea), 3 deserts and espressos and no complaints: good food, good service, good atmosphere. The bill came to 26 CUC.

2  Thank Roberto C
Reviewed 15 December 2016

In general I don't think authenticate Cuban food is very tasty, this restaurant provides OK food if not very great.

The environment is pretty nice, the food price not bad.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I hope as tourism increases in Camaguey, I hope other new and current businesses use this restaurant as a model to follow. Very kind staff, well prepared food fairly priced for both locals and tourists, and perfect Cuban evening atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant to all that visit. I had the breaded pan fried beef and side of rice/beans and my wife had the chicken and vegetables brioche with side salad. We shared the chicken vegetable soup. We were welcomed to come in as we strolled by and we are glad we came inside!