“Great food and friendly staff ”

San Cristobal Paladar
Ranked #34 of 874 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at San Cristobal Paladar our last night in Havana. We called two hours prior to our dinner and had no problems getting a table.

The food is probably the best we had in Havana. The surroundings are also very fascinating and full of history. Staff is friendly and helpful. It is very easy to recommend this restaurant! :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This restaurant is impossible to get hold of to make reservations. In the end we tasked our travel agent with getting us a table. Our table was confirmed by our travel agent for 8 pm but when we arrived, we were told they had us down for 7pm so we were a no show! I don't know where the issue lay, our agent or the restaurant but thanks to the staff at the restaurant, they were able to offer us a table.

Its an interesting restaurant made up of a few different rooms and lots of eclectic decor. The service was friendly and pretty quick. Prices are very reasonable by foreigner standards but I presume out of reach of most locals. Wines were US/UK prices. The food was well presented, tasty but not fine dining by any stretch of the imagination. For some reason, the Barolo wine (red) was served ice cold? Very odd.

By the time we had finished dinner, there was a queue of people waiting for tables.

We had a lovely evening at San Cristobal, would probably go back if I was in Havana again but the food doesn't wow.

The restaurant does not take credit cards so be prepared to take lots of local cash or dollars. We paid in a combination of both.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wandered past here on the way home one evening and stuck our noses in around 8pm. I couldn't give a hoot if Obama went here or not and haven't seen his review either. The guy on the door was all bothered because we didn't have a reservation when the place was half empty! Ambience inside is spectacular and worth popping in just for that. Had the mixed entrees, one serve is plenty for 2 and the lamb stew. Mixed entrees, pretty good and lamb stew excellent. Rice or a some crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce would have been perfect. Ate plenty and drank too much. Loved the free cigars and slurp of reserve rum. Would go again and happy to recommend.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Emailed to request reservation few weeks before our trip. I honestly don’t recall if I got a confirmation back or if it was an automated response. I reconfirmed everything the week before we left, successfully, for every meal reservation and tour or transfer we had planned except San Cristobal. Once in Cuba I called multi0le times over several days and the line was either busy or no one answered. The afternoon of the day we thought we had booked I finally got a live person on the phone who said we didn’t have a reservation. I explained what happened and she said oh our website/email haven’t worked in months. I understand things go wrong but it would have been nice if she sounded like she wanted to try to accommodate or felt bad for the site being down but she just wanted off the phone, had been looking forward to trying based on reviews. I’d try again if ever in Cuba but maybe as a walk in during off hours, like late lunch. Wouldnt want to find ourselves with no reservation and waste a night in city full of potential culinary experiences.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I sent 5 emails to book reservation and I didn't get a response.
I was proposing but it worked out because the restaurant I proposed was fantastic.
I didn't even both visiting San Cristobal Paladar and although I'm going back later this year don't think i'll bother visiting then