“Close to Havana” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gran Caribe Club Atlantico

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Gran Caribe Club Atlantico
Ranked #54 of 78 Hotels in Havana
Houston
“Close to Havana”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Hotel is O.k., do not expect anything special. Food is eatable but not fancy. Staff is very nice. Be advice that this hotel used to be de Club Bancario during the era before Castro so the building is very old. The beach has been eroded in front of the hotel and the authorities have done nothing about it. It is near to Havana so convenience for a day trip. The hotel provides free shuttle bus to Havana three times during the day but not during the night, so if you plan to go out at night to Havana, you need to come back in a taxi (around 20 CUC, equivalent to 18 euros or 24 usd). In general, I like the hotel for the convenience of being close to the city and being in the beach at the same time. Don’t expect anything amazing. It is “all inclusive” but you have to walk to the pool from the beach to get what ever you need. There are not many choices for beverages and snacks are almost zero.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Roberto36

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Me and my boyfriend went for 11 nights, mostly to relax but we really wanted to go to Havana. There is a bus going to havana 3 times a day ( 9h30, 2h30 and 6h30 ) but if you miss it, there is another bus hourly (but it costs like 5 pesos ).

First thing our room smelled REALLY bad, but after a day or two, with the air conditionner and our clean stuff it was less bad. Room was clean ( but don't put your things on the ground, out of nowhere ants got all over my suitcase ). The view was good. The beds were okay.

For the food, really, don't expect much. If you are alergic to seafood ( like I am) this will be a long 10 days. We also wanted to reserve a la carte restaurant near the beach, but the waiter was never available ( during the night ).

As for the staff, the maids are sweet as pearls, but the bartenders outside ( blonde woman ) was totally rude, she even ignored us when we asked for food ( first morning we missed breakfast ).
Also the beverage with ice..... not sure its so good, me and my boyfriend went to the bathroom alot everytime we took ice. also, there is a menu of 10 beverage, but they actually can make only 2 of them....

Lots of prostitution, but hey, they flirt, but if you mind your own buisness they mind theirs.

Althogheter I would say it was not so bad, we ate some times in la havana, and the beach was really nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank misssarahwhite
Toronto, Ontario Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

My ex and I decided to get away and on short notice found this hotel. I really do not want to give it a poor rating because the people were so nice, the staff very friendly but in reality it is a no frills kind of hotel. The food was very bland and it was actually the 1st time I lost weight on a vacation...LOL

One thing is for sure, the beach was beautiful and very long, and you are so much closer to Havana.

For a very relaxing time, great cappucino, nice people who work their, a very good looking security guard...Hot as hell ....and you want to lose weight ..this is a cute little place. And it was clean....

Will provide photos later

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Butterfly325i
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Myself, my boyfriend and a few few friends of ours decided to travel to Cu a to the same hotel as we did the year before. Unfortunately, little did I realize that this would be trip of my worst nightmares.. I arrived feeling happy and ready to have a good time...I expected the Cuban people to be kind and helpful to all foreigners. Boy, was I wrong!! I arrived and immediately they had us pinned. My boyfriend...who spoke Spain...was told that the security had their eye on us. For what, I thought! We hardly stayed at the hotel, we only went their to sleep. They automatically assumed that we were going to be trouble makers...how I wonder when we were never there! So one day, as I left my room and enjoy my sun in the pool...the maid decided that it would be a great opportunity to go into my room and help herself to my things. Knowing that she was already in my room and was never to return till the next day, I figured my iPhone would be safe on the dresser table. As I left in confidence...little did I notice that I was being watched. They followed me and saw that I left my iPhone unattended. Right after I left, the maid entered my room and stole my phone...she also attempted to take the beads on my pandora bracelet. Luckily, I returned. Although I never saw her actually take my things...I did see her excit my room within the hour timeframe that I was in there last...who else had access to my room than that woman...maybe security! Anyway, I don't recommend Club Atlantico for your travels...although the price may be right...you will leave with less, and spend more than your expect....the worst trip of my life to Cuba and I've been there many times!!!! Furthermore, the food was not great...I got sick after the first day and I had too eat out every night. That's not what I call all you can eat!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
8 Thank Krish1978

Travellers are raving about these Havana hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I writing this review my experience last year. We travel to the hotel with my girlfriend. During our stay the service was good. One day my girlfriend went to the room to get shorts for one of the local Cuben girls who was staying there so she can go in the pool . So both of them went to the room to. Give them the shorts she led the Cuban girl out of the room then she left her iPhone on the dresser . After a while my girlfriend return to the room to pick her iPhone it had magically disappear . My girlfriend was very upset. I went to talk to head of security with my girlfriend to see if maybe the maid might have took it by mistake with the towels , he basically was rude to us saying if I had brought anybody in the room ? I said yes my girlfriend had given shorts to the our local cuban girl staying at the hotel . Anyways I was seeing where this was going they wanted to pin the blame on the Cuban girl . MY girlfriend ensure me 100% that she left iphone on the dresser when leaving her room with local Cuban girl proceding to lock it. Long story short I speak Spanish fluently I politely ask security manager to help us, instead he told me to tell my Canadian girlfriend to quiet down or we kick us out of the hotel. I ignore him asking to speak the general manager basically stated that his staff would never steel . I said I didnt say steel just if he could kindly ask maid if maybe she saw it in the towels he said no . Well i said thank you and walk away. Well I told my girlfriend you had made a mistake letting her in the room. Somebody took the phone I know it wasn't the local Cuben, hotel staff a.k.a security prime my prime suspects . They if the cops would be called the poor Inocent girl would have been blamed . I told my girlfriend that's why i didn't call the police. Well hotel atlantico hasta la vista . P.s don't complain you might be kick out

• Stayed August 2010