“Best snorkling anywhere.”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Woodwind is run by experienced people and they have more than you expect. They provided me with prescription goggles that closely matched my glasses, so that I could see better. They provided UV long sleeve sun shirts and skull caps for those who wanted them. They even had wet suits for anyone who wanted them. They took us to the best area I have ever snorkeled in anywhere. They provided a guide with each group to help point out various fish and turtles. They provided us with swim noodles or life jackets to help us float better. And a wonderful meal was provided with rum punch, water or soft drinks that you may want. They are the #1 company anywhere to snorkel with and I would highly recommend them. They are only 3 - 8 minutes from the two docks where the cruise ships dock, so getting there is easy in short walk. Thank you Ulf / Dee and gang for the wonderful adventure we will never forget. Book with them as they are the best and cheaper than booking from the cruise ships.

1  Thank Nedlog57
Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"face mask"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Having travelled to Bonaire a couple of years ago and sailing with Woodwind, we decided once again to go with Dee and Ulf to snorkel. We were so very glad we did. This time we chose to take our three children (15, 8, 5) and not only was it amazing for us again but the kids had the time of their lives. Watching their faces light up as they saw the colorful fish, coral and turtle was truly magical for us and something we will never forget.

So, how did Woodwind factor into this? By ensuring that we were safe, informed and that we had every single thing we would need to make our trip memorable. It starts with their care of the adults and young ones and the equipment they have on their boat to make sure that not only parents have a good time but that the kids do too. They have ample styles of masks (including prescription), floatation devices and even little floaty boats for the littlest ones. They also have wetsuits, skins and UV shirts should you need them. I was fine in the water but both my younger ones used wetsuits to ensure warmth and my wife also used a skin that they provided. They send a guide out with each small group (5-8 in each group typically) and the guide is there to point special things out but also to act as a surrogate for any kids in the group so the parents can actually enjoy the trip also. Dee and her crew aboard are truly special and you can tell she puts her heart and soul into making sure her guests have fun.

The snorkeling was amazing and the best I have experienced in all of the Caribbean. It’s a drift snorkel at Klein Bonaire and you have a good amount of time in the water to take it all in. We saw many different styles of fish and coral and also a green sea turtle and eagle ray. As I said, it was a magical experience.

There are many different drinks to be had on the boat including alcohol. The sail back also presents you with an opportunity to eat a home cooked meal that they serve that is truly out of this world. Also on the trip back you have the opportunity to view the professional pictures taken during your trip by Alejandro. Last time we did this I didn’t purchase the pictures ($40 for all, and there are a ton) however this time I did. He did an awesome job capturing things I had missed (I had my GoPro) and took some wonderfully candid shots of my family.

I simply cannot day enough about Dee, Ulf and their entire crew. It isn’t easy running a business like this and it takes love, care, attention to detail, safety awareness, passion and a true desire to make others happy. On all these points Dee and her crew excel beyond expectations. I truly wish I could advertise for them more than this review as they deserve nothing less than to have constant success.

Thank you Dee, Ulf and Woodwind for all that you did to make this trip a magical experience I and my family will never forget. My children will be talking about this trip for many years to come.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have taken several snorkel excursions in the last 15 years and Woodwind is hands down THE BEST operation out there!!! The staff are very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The snorkel sites at Klein Bonaire had the most beautiful living reef and abundant marine life we have ever witnessed! The Woodwind staff supplied us with all the basic gear needed for our experience, and additionally they offered wet suits, full face masks and even prescription masks if desired! And as if the very large assortment of refreshing beverages during the excursion wasn't enough, the heaping plateful of delicious 'hot out of the oven' stir fry was SO AMAZING!!! All of this for The Best Price we have Ever paid for a snorkeling excursion!!! Our entire group was floored with the entire experience as it more than met our highest expectations. We would all HIGHLY Recommend this company!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Woodwind is a top shelf operation. The captain and crew are experienced, professional and knowledgeable. They know where the best snorkeling sites are. We did the two site, 4 hour tour. The wind was up, 20+ knots, so we sailed to the leeward side of the island where the waters were calmer. From the catamaran we snorkeled with schools of Blue Tangs, Green Sea Turtles, French Angel fish and beautifully colored coral. My wife and I are experienced snorkelers having snorkeled at 10 other islands in the Caribbean. Klein Bonaire and Woodwind Sailing and Guided Snorkel are the best tour we have ever experienced. My wife and I are in our 70's, very active and mobile and Dee made sure we were well taken care off. Highly recommend Woodwind. As long as we're breathing and taking nourishment, we will be back.