“Delicious lunch and relaxing massage” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bonaire Windsurf Place
Dallas, TX
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Delicious lunch and relaxing massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We spent the afternoon at Windsurf Place at Lac Bay on our last day in Bonaire. We started with a tasty lunch of beef nachos and fish and chips with our feet in the sand. Both were very good and the piece of fish was huge. We then walked over to the Massage Hut for our scheduled couples' massage and sea salt body scrub. The massages take place on the second floor of the hut with the windows open. You lie there during your relaxing massage listening to the wind and waves. The massage therapists were both friendly and professional. What a relaxing afternoon! We spent the rest of our time just hanging out on the beach at Lac Bay with some drinks from the Windsurf Place. Some time here is a definite MUST when in Bonaire.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank zihuatcat

Clinton, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great gear, great people, great sailing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

I've been to Bonaire Windsurfing Place for windsurfing 8 times (at least) and it is a wonderful place to go. The location is ideal, but nature took care of that. The Place is full of friendly people, and the "beach boys" are very helpful with choosing the appropriate gear, and very knowledgeable about the conditions. Talk to them and you will have a really good time. The shop is stocked with great beach clothes, sunglasses, etc. The Beach Bar is full of good food and nice staff. Lots of beach chairs, in the sun or in the shade. Best of all, there is a woooonnnnderful masssage therapist, Ann, right there at the beach in the most ideal setting for taking away any muscular issues you might happen to develop. An all-around great experience.
The only downside, not specific to the Place, is the influx of tourists on cruise ship visit days, since Lac Bay has perhaps the best beach on the island.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank EllenWF2
San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Look no Further, Bonaire Windsurf Place is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

The Windsurf Place at Lac Bay is exceptional!

The Windsurf Place provided me with everything I needed for a fabulous week of sailing: equipment is top notch, staff always present and helpful getting you what you want out there on the water, (happily changing sails/boards according to wind, storing your kit while you are chillin'), the instructors are THE BEST!, there is Wi-Fi when your not sailing, great food next door, over sized lockers, shop with essentials and some nice souvenirs, plenty of tables and chairs, showers, bathrooms. I lacked for nothing while there.

The Windsurf Shop also has a stay and play package with Sonrisa Hotel in town, and this combination made everything so easy. One booking and you are all set, great accommodations, and great sailing.

All of the above proves The Windsurf Place to be all you need for an excellent experience of sailing.... but what made me sit down and write this was not just that The Windsurf Place meet my expectations, but went beyond my expectations. Without going into details (rental car problems), I can tell you that the owners of The Windsurf Place stepped up along with Sonrisa Hotel management to work with locals to resolve a situation that could have very easily ruined my vacation.

When I return to Bonaire, I will definitely book with The Windsurf Place and Sonrisa Hotel.

1 Thank LBVandal
Kralendijk, Bonaire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Staff and equipment - these guys know how to please”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

What puts Windsurf Place in a class of its own is its staff. You will find your instructors and beach staff to be very eager to help, and a couple of them are actually top ranking windsurfers.
The equipment is great, and the amount of choice is incredible.
The staff will put it together for you, happily, and is waiting when you return from the water to either take back the equipment or change out the sail or board. You just windsurf - you do not need to haul stuff, and the staff takes pride in that fact.

They have lockers upstairs, it feels very safe.

For hanging out during breaks use the bar at either side of it. The Hang Out Beach Bar is next door on the south side - walk around the fencing at the water line. They have nice salads, and free beach chairs. Not great music - just laugh at the Dutch Schlag singalongs and have another drink. I have not yet explored the food options at the bar on the other (north) side of the Windsurf Place: Wind and Surf Beach Hut. I can tell you that the bar tender Maart bought back a drink for us at the end of the day, and later gave me a ride back to the Kontiki hotel. I like a business with people who look out for their customers. People skills make all the difference! I'll be there next time for more exploration.

2 Thank AdvisorCraze
atlanta
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Bonair Windsurf Place- fun on Lac Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

We did the $45 "indroduction to windsurfing."
There was one hour of instruction. The teacher (Ronaldo) taught us at the beach, and then in the bay, and was patient and friendly.. The conditions are excellent: Shallow water, sandy bottom, onshore wind. We had wide, stable boards to learn on. Suitable for school age kids and older.
There are drinks and bathrooms nearby.

3 Thank Bobenkim