All reviews free wifi lawrence gap would stay here again dover beach air con beaches balcony kareoke guesthouse
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I stayed at this inn last year and I had a great experience. The staff was very professional, accommodating and friendly. The room was clean and well maintained and the turn down service was appreciated. This inn is in a prime location in St. Lawrence Gap and is super close to amazing beaches and so many places to shop and dine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy J
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We visited melbourn inn in march for our wedding anniversary, we paid extra to have a separate kitchen, and im glad we did. the room is basic but was functionable, it had 2 large beds instead of a double, which we didnt mind. The air con is a bonus as is the free wifi but sometimes this did drop or wouldnt work unless you stood near the door. We initially was disappointed as the room didnt have a balcony but was situated right next to the back door which led on to a large outside undercover area, so this gave us addtional space to eat and sit. The room had a modern tv, plenty of hot water (let it run for a while to get hot) and a bathtub.

The kitchen area was also basic but had everything we needed, kettle toaster, microwave, tall fridge freezer etc. They also supplied pot washing stuff, which was a bonus as the items in the supermarket round the corner was stupidly expensive! £3.80 for a carton of milk!!!

The staff are very friendly and helpful too. Its located quite near lawrence gap, its still a good 10 min walk to the top of the gap, however you get to dover beach huts first, which is fantastic especally when they have karaeoke nights on, the food at the sand dollar cafe (the end hut) is brill their pasta is highly recommended. This is our 3rd visit to this area and love it more every time.

All in all melbourne inn is clean, basic and does the job its intended for. Next visit however i would look at maybe a bed and breakfast or half board, as we hadnt factored in the cost of food etc when booking self catering.

happy holidays :)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank etta1
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here.i stayed two weeks. The staff and owners were extremely kind . Professional and courteous. And they definitely made my stay a very comfortable one. And fun stay. Great WiFi. And a good clean comfy room.. with microwave. TV. Kettle.fridge air con. It seems a little pricey. But solo travellers like myself appreciate safety and friendliness highly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a king size bed and a ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Just steps away from the beach, this hotel is an excellent value. The staff are very friendly, full of advice on how to enjoy your stay on the island. We ended up renting a car from the hotel to explore Barbados, which was convenient.

Room Tip: Steps away from beach and nice restaurants
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Another guest house that was full referred me to this inn. The room is large and brightly lit. Free Wifi! The bathroom is small but the tub is nice although I never figured out how to get hot water. There's a fridge, cutlery, separate sink and counter, microwave, cable TV, and king sized bed. The porch is cute. Lots of noise in the hall, which has an echo. Friendly desk service. A short walk to the beach. All in all, a nice place to repose, while you're in Barbados. The beach is not too rocky and there's a jazz club three blocks away. Breakfast at Bliss is delightful. A short bus trip will get you to Oistin's for seafood at a reasonable price. $85 per night is pretty reasonable considering that you're around the corner from Sandals Barbados.

Room Tip: Nice for a few days stay.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo