Bert's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bert's - Eat Drink Chill! With a dash of sports and a splash of islandambience Bert's is the perfect mix.Come to the hottest sports bar inBarbados featuring state-of-the-artsatellite coverage, authentic stone-firedpizza and world famousbanana daiquiris.
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Visited this resturant in June while on vacation in Barbados. We stayed at Coral Mist so it was an easy 5 to 7 min walk from the hotel. Also lots of parking if you are driving. The resturant is pretty big with both indoor and outdoor seating although the indoor seating is usually open to the outside - there is AC but it was not used while we visited.

Food wise there is a good varied menu available with brick oven pizza featuring. We ordered a pizza with mushrooms and pine as well as chicken tenders and fries. My husband and I intended to share the pizza but be warned each order is a personal sized serving, about the size of a dinner plate or slighter smaller. So order to suit. The pizza was very good though if you like brick oven, thin crispy crust. My 5yr old had the tenders which I trief and they were nice and fresh with real chicken breast not the processed stuff. The pizza was nice enough that we visited again just to have that and it did not disapoint. You can order set combinations or customize your own combo.

Service was great no complaints. Ambience and atmosphere great. Its a sports place so TV's were on showing various sporting events, but its not loud or disturbing and so families or couples can enjoy. Price wise not cheap but not crazy expensive either. Most things in Barbados are bit pricey due to high tax added to everything, but you can have a goid meal for a decent price

Definitely visit uf you are staying in the area.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The place looks fine for a sports bar but it was super dark in the dining room, to the point where you can hardly read the menu until you adjust to it. The menu looks like a regular sports bar menu in Canada but is expensive and awful for the execution! The 30$ nacho appetizer was mushy and lacking cheese. My husband's coconut shrimp tasted frozen, which is exactly why I wont order them at home but not what you'd expect in the Caribbean. My chicken stir fry was alright, but lacking sauce. I had to take his dipping sauce from the shrimp. Just lacking any flavor at all. To top it all of, our waitress hardly talked, didn't look at us, and appeared to be very annoyed at everything. As a Canadian, I hate that this is our reputation here. I certainly wouldn't want locals or tourists thinking this is what our food tastes like!

2  Thank ringettechick14
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We are a family of five with kids aged 13, 12 and 8. We needed a family, child-friendly menu in a restaurant in Barbados and found it.

Atmosphere and service was just what we wanted. Our server was funny, attentive and did a great job. And Service wasn't slow; remember you're on holidays in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Chill out and relax. What's the rush?

Reviewed 7 June 2017

The competitor is located up the road. I prefer Bert's as they do not add a mandatory service fee which I find always leads to bad service as there is no incentive. It was empty at 5:30. The service was slow, but attentive. The food was delicious. Any "Northerner" would feel at home at Bet's, with both decor and sports bar menu with a Caribbean flair.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We have been to Bert's a few times over the past few years and service has always been top notch. This time, in May 2017 it was again. Our server, Joanne, ( I hope I spelled it right) was full of personality and connected with us, which we really enjoy. I hope she is commended by her employer.

This time we ordered pizza and they were the best we have had anywhere in the last couple of years!

We are not into sports and so sat far away from televisions, which was not a problem. We enjoyed the lovely breeze and listened to the sound of the palm leaves brushing each other while eating great pizza and enjoying frozen daiquiris.