New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Poor service, dont recommend.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barbados Beach Club

Barbados Beach Club
“Poor service, dont recommend.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We arrived at the hotel for a weeks stay to celebrate my mums 50th birthday. Initial thoughts were fairly good, nice rooms and reception staff were all fine n dandy! A man took us to our room and showed us how to work the tv and air con. What we didnt realise was how this was all going to go downhill!
Good points: rooms cleaned daily, large and comfortable with nice views.
Bad points: food was the same pretty much every day, no fruit, salad bar was non existant unless you class lettuce as salad. Food was okay, and edible, puddings were poor. No wine allowed outside of dinner time. Breakfast finished at 10am, when the bar was supposed to open, but it very rarely opened before 11, so if you wanted a drink it was tough luck!! The staff at the bar avoided serving you, never smiled until 11pm came when they just left! Bar closed at 12am!! Only one member of staff was worth being paid, Sandra Kelly, who helped with my grandmother when she needed help. A credit to the staff team!!
The evening entertainment consisted of a man with his laptop playing music... On one night there was a steel drum band which was excellent. Variety of drinks was poor.. You would expect coconut cocktails etc but nothing like that! Hotel is in need of refurbishing, a cctv camera facing into a lampshade, a shower tray replacing a fence panel and wires hanging out of the ceiling in reception! Shower time was fun! You either had no water at all, cold water or boiling hot water! My mums toilet in her room also leaked when flushed!

The holiday overall was excellent, purely from meeting the people we met out there. We made it fun, we had to!! I do not recommend this hotel one bit!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Opoakley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Sooooooo. . . Where do I begin I'll start with the decor : very cheap looking in side lobby the glass ceilings need work blab blab blab. . . I was not briefed on the hotel AT ALL didn't know you had to RENT AN IRON!!!! had an ironing board with no iron, didn't know YOU HAD TO PAY FOR BOTTLED WATER IN AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL!!!! didn't know.you had to pay for the lock for the room safe ughhhh. Now I am not a picky person am quite simple while I did like the Caribbean style decor of the room I did not like that WE HAD THE ONLY TURN KEY ENTRANCE IN THE HOTEL AND THE LOCK WASN'T THAT WHOLESOME! The toilet would not stop pouring water had to lift the ball every time I flushed I mean really guys really!? The shower would work when it wanted to which was frustrating. Now the staff I found a handful of friendly and helpful of them two at the front desk the lady at the restaurant and a few others so on the guy at the bar made my drinks really good I drank my tail off. The food breakfast lunch and dinner were really tasty good job. Problem is the fancy restaurant upstairs you had to pay tor the best meals on the menu which was ridiculous I mean the food was really good but why your paying for food on an all inclusive hotel is beyond me. Beach was lovely did no water sports though. Now I know the hotel has no control over who they have but my goodness what was up with all the old, smoking and boring old white European people they were not really friendly my goodness lol The band they had was good the dj was boring sorry. In summary I will not recommend for anyone this place could be so nice with better upkeep and better staff training I mean there was paint all over the plants in the front they need to take more pride in their hotel and pay attention to all the minor details it will make the difference .I was just trying to give my girlfriend a nice trip for her bday after having such a great time in Trinidad but I guess I should've took that money and put it to better use. WE WILL CERTAINLY NOT BE RETURNING TO THIS HOTEL. save your money and pay the $500 or so a night for the other all inclusives this hotel is priced cheap for good reason.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a better all inclusive.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Christ Church Parish hotels

New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

First, the bartender tried to not give change for a $50 on a $19 tab, then was very rude when I asked for change.
Then the Buffet was $156 Barbadoin for two people for some of the most bland, over cooked food I wouldn't even expect to find at a retirement home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BBCpropertymanager, Manager at Barbados Beach Club, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear guest,

I do not expect you to know everything about a destination but it is expected that you would at least do a little reaserch before posting remarks. Barbados Beach Club is by some way the least expensive all inclusive resort in Barbados.

Regards.
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed here for a week after doing a cruise. This hotel was a huge shock to the system after a week of luxury!
The hotel is rated as 3T this does not mean 3* the ratings are on previous customer feedback.
Our room was lovely large & bright with a lovely sea view. We were on 7 floor which looked like it had been refurbed so we were lucky. Our room was cleaned daily.
Food was of limited choice little fruit or veg & very repetitive. Food in the a la carte was much better but is only open 3 times a week. We eat there when open but you need to book as gets busy. Wine is only served with dinner & quality varies! Also you are served in plastic glasses at all other times other than dinner. Lots of complaints about this.
Staff were at times unfriendly & surly. This did get better as the week went on. The manager & breakfast lady were lovely.
Showers were hit & miss either no water or difficult to control temperature.
There is drug use on the beach which is not nice for families. Although it is the hotel beach all beaches are public so difficult to monitor. Lots of local youths on beach not sure if employed by hotel or not. Nice beach with loungers but the sea is very rough so care needed.

Although we were assured Barbados is safe we heard that there had been muggings in the area. We ourselves were attacked by a man with a machete in the north of the island trying to get money. Luckily we were able to get away but would urge people to be very careful & stay in busy areas.
Would we return sadly no.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dizzytart1955
levittown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

don't go to this hotel food was not good toilets didn't flush
no hot water and the staff was not professional.

Room Tip: don't bother Eileen Cunningham from ny
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
#20 of 49 in Christ Church Parish
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,281 reviews
16.1 km away
Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts

Been to Barbados Beach Club? Share your experiences!