“Absolutely amazing surfing afternoon”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 March 2018

My 13 year old son who had never surfed before had an amazing time learning to surf at Freight's Bay with Christian. When we arrived a bit early Christian was waiting for us. He started by showing my son what to do on land and assessed my son's physical capabilities and taught him how to 'pop up' on the board and how to handle the waves. There was an older teenager in the class who had surfed before and Christian did an excellent job teaching to both their levels. It was a windy day with good waves. Once they were out on the water Christian helped my son catch a wave and he rode the wave on his first try! On the water my son said Christian was enthusiastic, encouraging and a great teacher. Overall an amazing experience and a highlight of my son's time in Barbados. We will be coming back!

All reviews
in 135 reviews
"safety"
in 63 reviews

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Christian Boosy works magic. Seriously! Our party of seven included teenagers and adults, two of whom had never surfed, while the other five of us had tried surfing once - and it was unsuccessful. One after another, Christian helped each of us catch a wave ON OUR VERY FIRST TRY! We all caught plenty more after those first waves. It was a perfect day on the water, and Christian made it happen.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Our 2nd trip to Barbados meant our 2nd session with Christian. He continues to be the best instructor with passion, and both my Son and Husband improving following his advice and motivation! even passers-by commented how great Christian is and how his passion is contagious! See you next February Boosy

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Christian is a great instructor and passionate about his job. Very good surfing instruction and help. Thinking about learning to Surf? Look no further than Boosy's, you'll love it...

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Read the all story :)

I have to say that I was SO dissapointed.....yes very, that I only went to check out Boosy's Surf School on our last day prior to our departure. Because it was so cool... Christian made it seem easy for me, being there, giving tips and helping out in many ways....paddle Phil paddle paddle paddle UP !

Will sure come back, and encourage people with no experience to try out this amazing sport, dont be scared, you wont die LOL you will have a blast and feel great about it !

Christian.....rather Boosy is the man, watch a few of is videos you will dream BUT it can be you...on smaller wave on startup hihihihi

Thanks Boosy, see you in a few ;)