“Surf 101”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This was a great day for myself and my 2 sons, ages 14 and 18. I unfortunately reinjured a bad hand, but the boys had a blast. Christian was a great teacher, knew his beaches and even had his young boy join us so Mom could have time with their newborn. We got stickers, postcards and GoPro vids plus almost 3 hours of lessons for $50 us each.
My extended family has roots here and they liked my choice without asking.
Go see Boosy.

in 135 reviews
"safety"
in 63 reviews

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Christian is a no-nonsense surf instructor: firm and fair, but always having a joke ready at the right moment, which makes the surfing lesson extremely enjoyable! He sees directly what I am doing incorrect and corrects it with clear and very instructive comments. Also nice to meet his son at one of the lesson and see him surf. Wish I started surfing when I was younger. Boosy's surf school if highly recommended!

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I absolutely recommend Boosy's Surf School. Christian is an awesome teacher. He gives instructions that will help to improve your surf and he is full of positive energy that will rub off on you!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

First time I ever learned how to surf was with Boosy in 2012 - during my semester in Barbados. His friendliness and patience enabled all of us in the group to stand up on the board before the end of our first lesson. Once I was up - I became obsessed with the sport. He is very encouraging and continuously pushed us to get better as the weeks went by. I returned to Barbados this year specifically to surf again with Boosy and could not have been happier to be back! He treats everyone like they're family and I would highly recommend surfers of all levels and abilities to surf with him!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Christian is an absolute delight! He is everything you are looking for in a surf instructor. I took my first lesson with him during a friend's 30th birthday trip, then went back a few months later with my boyfriend and took another lesson from him. He is so warm and welcoming, you feel like you've been friends with him for years, and his extensive knowledge of both the island and the sport are very impressive. He makes everyone feel comfortable in the water, and has a super hero like ability to keep an eye on everyone while also spotting the best waves for each person. I highly recommend him and can't wait to get back to the island for my next lesson!