“Fantastic”

Champers
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We'd booked our visit to Champers some way in advance to ensure that we had a great table. When we arrived we were blown away by the waterside location and we're pleased we got there early enough to see the sunset.

The restaurant itself is beautiful and the service is fantastic, but the food is the star of the show. For me it was as good as the much more expensive The Cliff.

We'll be coming back to Barbados next year and eating here again.

1  Thank HonestPhilly
Write a ReviewReviews (3,440)

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Been hearing about Champers for years and so happy that we finally got to check it out on our last visit to BIM. The island-chic decor, beautiful views and service were second to none but what really blew us away was the food...wow! We all tried the 3-course menu and everyone in our party was happy as a clam by the end. The soup of the day (pumpkin and split pea) and the crab crepes were amazing while the catch of the day - snapper with breadfruit mash and pumpkin sauce - was just divine. One of my friends tried the braised leg of lamb (which we of course all tasted!) and that was super yummy as well. To end things on a high note was their famous bread pudding smothered in rum butter sauce....double wow! This has now easily become one of my fave restaurants ever and I'm already anxious to go back for more. Thank you Champers!!!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Dined here one evening. Food was amazing. View from our table were amazing. Service was amazing.

Great value for money too.

From our experience, I fail to see how anyone can fault this place. It even has an art gallery upstairs which you can look around and purchase work from if you wanted to.

Our waitress, Sandra, deserves a special mention too. Helpful, fun and attentive.

This is a 'high end' restaurant without being pretentious. Okay for men to dine here in smart shorts.

I would definitely recommend eating dinner here.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We visited the island and heard this is one of the Best places to dine! We got a seaside view which was amazing the food was on point and the customer service was impeccable! We will definitely return!!

1  Thank Trisha T
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We ate at Champers to celebrate our last night in Barbados on our honeymoon. Our hotel made our reservation for us, and told the restaurant that it was our honeymoon and they went out of their way to make us feel special. They gave us the BEST table right near the water with a perfect view of the sunset, a custom menu with our names on them and incredible service (which I imagine you would get no matter what).

The service was amazing, The drinks came quickly, the food was brought out perfectly paced, the water was constantly being refilled and everyone did it with a glowing smile.

The location can't be beat. It's right on the water, and if you're lucky enough you'll get a seaside table and be able to watch the sunset as you sip on your wine.

The food was incredible. I had the crab crepe to start - the server let me know that it was a customer favourite and I absolutely adored it. My husband had the scallops and was very happy with them. For our mains we had the lobster and seafood pasta and both were absolutely wonderful. We had zero room for dessert :)

It wasn't cheap, but definitely not the most expensive restaurant on the island and we thought it was worth every penny and then some.