See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This was the worst 15 minutes of my time in Barbados! I’ve never had a bad experience in Barbados until April 16, 2018. First no manager was on site. Second, it was a young security guard female the only one on site. On top of that she checked us in as well. She didn’t even know where the room was located. This was a red flag! We finally got to the room with all of our luggage and the room was awful. The refrigerator was really rusted. The sofa bed look like it wasn’t clean in years, the paintings on the wall were all faded. The tub was a mess and dirty. The furniture was outdated Divi Heritage was a big disappointment. The reason for my experience being only 15 minutes is because we refuse to stay there any longer! We called the corporate office in North Carolina and got switch to the Divi Southwinds. Divi Sothwinds greeted us with open arms they took care of us very well. We were please with the Divi Sothwinds and we appreciate all that they did for us. The pic below are from the check in hut!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I won't bother repeating all the bad comments you can read here. At some point during our 9 day stay we found them to all be true. The only way that this problem resort will ever go away is if you just don't book it. My wife and I stayed here in February. We are "experienced" Caribbean travelers, divers, hikers, meaning we have stayed at some pretty mediocre places for the benefit of location and been perfectly happy. Our expectation of this Divi was not high, and it was met. The staff for the most part is above average, pleasant and helpful as they could be, although there was a bag of trash that laid on the ground for a couple of days near the end of our stay that did not ever move. I know the maids walked by it everyday. Also how much can a bucket of paint cost? There is trash and old renovation waste, or furniture visible in one of the unoccupied buildings. And running the water for 20-30 minutes to get hot water, which rarely works, is ridiculous especially in light of the "let's all be green" signs found in the bathrooms. Yes the wifi next door works much better than the wifi at Divi, and the stench from the sewer channel between the Divi and the resort next door grows stronger each day you are there. There have to be multiple health code violations around this place. I will post back after and if I receive a comment back from the Barbados health department. One could probably stay here a couple days max and overlook the mess, but longer starts to wear on you. I wish I'd left early and gone to St Maarten. Even after being thrashed by 2 hurricanes our room there was still light years better than this Divi, and cheaper to boot.

Room Tip: Book a room at some other resort
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith536
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

This place has massive potential but sadly I think the owners are putting the cash in their pockets. Needs complete refurb, sofa bed/sofa had 6 big rips in and was like sitting on wood so very uncomfortable, no hot tub, been out of action for a long time apparently, both toilets kept filling and emptying on their own all the time, not sure if one door actually fitted with barrels and handles working properly, main door to balcony you could not lock as no handle on it, not very reassuring when you have a lot of gear inside. Our fridge broke the first day and we had spent 175 ecd on shopping, by the time it was replaced the following day we had lost about 80 ecd of food as it was mince, yoghurts etc so not impressed with this. Trip advisor you guys need to step up and ask for minimum standards and compliance with the adverts or your credibility is going to get damaged. I personally would not book using you guys again.
Cannot fault the staff but only so much they can do.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at Divi Resorts in Aruba and Bonaire on previous occasions, I had no hesitation booking the Divi Heritage for my Barbados vacation. However upon arrival I was quite dismayed to see the rundown condition of this resort. Broken door knobs and locks, burned out light bulbs, non-functioning lights, intermittent A/C, broken furniture and poorly stocked kitchen amenities, basically zero WiFi signal...stronger signal from neighbouring resorts, fortunately not secure so I could use them..no hot water for first 8 days then having to open all taps in kitchen, bathroom and shower at once and let them run for 15-20 minutes to get warm water if it hadn't all been used by then, limited clean towels supplied and the grounds were totally unkept. The staff did their best considering what they have to work with. The worst thing was I paid more for this resort than any location I'd stayed at in 4 months in the Caribbean or 3 months in Europe since starting my trip in September. I wrote to Divi management but now a month later still have not received a reply. I've stayed in old resorts but that have at least been maintained, sufficiently supplied and clean but with prices to coincide with the value. Do not book the Divi Heritage. There are other options in the area for better value. The pictures on the website are obviously from when the resort was new and in good condition. The only good I can say is the location is great.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank BLK25
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Excellent location for beach and Holetown. We visited in February and stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, large, clean,but poorly maintained. Examples included - bathroom blinds not large enough to cover 2 of the 3 windows and one blind missing altogether providing views to adjacent house! door knobs missing; safe broken and a spare just placed (not fixed) on top shelf of wardrobe; bulbs broken; bed old. During our stay there was basically no hot water (it did get off-cold if it ran for 10+ minutes. On 2 days there was no water (but they had the garden dug up to fit new pipes - but it would have been nice to have been warned !!).

Room Tip: Dont rely on wifi. Dont book until totally refurbished.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple