See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Divi Heritage Barbados:

This is a nice 21/2 - 3 start small hotel and a good bargain for a beach front property. Please do not expect more than is advertised. I believe some of negative reviews are somewhat unwarranted for a this type of property. Check in was pleasant and the front desk staff was very helpful and had a porter assist us to our suite. The resort also has security guards when the front desk is closed at night who were very helpful and did an excellent job. They made feel safe even at night knowing they were present. One day, after scuba diving, we came in late, had used all the towels showering and the security guard brought us a full supply of fresh ones and took the used ones away. We did not eat in the restaurant as we were on the go most of the time. We did lounge every afternoon on the baloney each day before dinner which was every enjoyable with the ocean breeze. We had the staff bring us fresh fruit each day to snack on prior to going out for dinner. All the fruit was fresh and tasty.

We found the whole staff friendly and is did their best to accommodate us from making scuba diving reservations to restaurant recommendations and reservations. They even took us to a restaurant one evening when the taxi they arranged was late so we would not miss our reservation there. Regarding restaurants, we found them all expensive, even the “hole in the wall” ones but the food quality was very good. Just over priced, but this an Carribean island.

Our suite was on the second floor in a newer, renovated building which we found lovely, clean with a partial beach view. The beach was only 200 ft from our room. Housekeeping cleaned it every day with new linens and towels, even a fresh scent in the room. The room was nice and the furniture in good condition. The bed was very comfortable as we like a firm mattress. The grounds of the facility was neat and had the usual array of tropical vegetation which was healthy and kept in good shape. Grounds’ keepers were present some days and worked very hard. There is a nice pool a few steps away at the resort next door (The Club, Barbados.) We swam there almost every day; I used the pool first day to check out a new dive computer our first day there.

Overall, it was a lovely resort and we enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms are much nicer.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAMES B
DiviResorts, Public Relations Manager at Divi Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Hi James, we're so glad you had a great experience with our staff, and that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate the detailed review--we know that other travelers will find it helpful, too. Hope to see you back again sometime soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2016

First stop was the check in. I came in on the overnight flight so the front desk was closed. Was greeted by security guard that did and excellent job. Who happens to be employer of the year. She walked us to our room and made sure everything was perfect. The staff is excellent they do their best to make sure you are comfortable . Marcia was our housekeeper and she was awesome. The grounds of the facility was very dry not much greenery. But it was explain to us that its dry season in Barbados and they do not use sprinklers. Its considered wasting water. The furniture in the unit is very old and dated. The sofa couch is old. Did not feel safe to lay on without putting a sheet or a blanket over it. The living room had a ceiling fan. Only the the bedroom had a cooling unit in it. The television is an updated flat screen but unfortunately their isn't many channels to choose from. All the major movie channels you couldn't get. But you did get all the local and overseas news channels. The towels needed to be changed. They were cleaned but dingy looking also the sheets had holes from being worn. Their is no Jacuzzi outside and shown in the pictures. Instead that area is just to sit down. There is no beach access from that property you have to walk on a path to the beach next door. But be careful because if the tide is high you can not walk back. You can use the pool next door at club Barbados if you wish. You can also eat their but it is kind of expensive you can do better at one of the local eateries.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff. We are so glad they were able to help you enjoy your time with us. We're sorry to hear that the room didn't meet your expectations--we'll make a note for future guests. Thank you for the review and we hope you'll give us another chance!

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I booked this hotel without consulting with my trip advisor bible before booking.. If I had I would have saved myself putting a huge damper on my trip. I do realize that those who have posted good reviews stayed in the one newer looking building which is night and day from which I stayed. I was booked for three days but I ended up leaving as fast as I could possibly the next morning before 9 am. You know that when you arrive at a hotel and they tell you that they don't have the room that you booked that you are not off to a good start. We got there at 1:30 PM and I was told that they didn't have the one bedroom that we booked. Luckily for me I had the paperwork in hand and when I was told by Keisha that they only had studios and that was what I booked. When I gave her my proof/reservation paperwork she stated that they would move us the next day to our PROMISED/Reserved room. The room that we were given was not ready until one hour after the check in time. We were brought to a room that had no windows that could be opened. It had slats with no screens, dilapidated door with paint peeling. The stove had ants coming out of it and there was food remnants with ants crawling on it with a greasy film on the entire counter. The kitchen table had a sticky substance on it. The hot tub had tons of sand in it and was filthy. The couch had stains on it, gross!!!!!!!!!!! There were no affordable hotels that we could stay at that night. There were no wash clothes in the bathroom, no hot water and the toilet and tub seriously need to be replaced. Did I mention that the desk personnel leave at 5 PM and don't return until 8:30 am?????? There is a security guard but he didn't even look up at us when we entered the property. There is no place to even buy a bottle of water or snacks. You would need to cross the street and go during business hours to the Coffee Bean which by the way was excellent with great prices. The safe in the room was not bolted in. Full disclosure they offered to put a couple bolts in but seriously would you put your cash and passport in a box that the guy who put it back in could remove it???? The door locks were flimsy and shabby. I seriously as an ex law enforcement officer of 20 years did not feel safe at all. There is no beach to speak of but a bunch of rocks. Next door is a hotel but you need to pay $125 EACH person to eat and drink and use their chairs. In the paperwork that I received it said that you could use their chairs for free, not true. The one positive is that there is a dollar bus stop right in front of the hotel. The grounds look they are neglected and their was debris and other junk on the property. Outside my room was a broken grill. I did observe a decent looking building that looked like it had been updated in the last 20 years. My room was scary! I asked for the manager and he refused to get on the phone or return my phone call. He is not on the property and I found out later that that he is only at the Divi Southwinds a sister property and shares the responsibility of the two hotels. I called and asked for him to call me back. I even called him when I got back, got him on the phone and he promised to call me back in five minutes which never happened, two days and I am still waiting. Full disclosure we were given a refund for the first night after I made a big deal about it. The staff Keisha, Rodney, and Glenn were polite and helpful but their hands are tied. I feel bad for them as they must get these complaints from folks that get the nightmare rooms. I asked to switch to the Southwinds but I was told that there were no vacancies. I went through a third party and was able to get one night there. Like night and day!!!!!!!! I called corporate Divi and received a refund for my remaining two night at the Night mare Heritage but unfortunately I was stuck without a hotel for a full day as my flight was the 3 am one. My advice is to avoid this hotel at all costs. I have absolutely nothing to gain from writing this but to help my fellow traveler. I have no financial interest in bashing this hotel either. I do however recommend the Divi Southwinds a beautiful property with top notch service. BTW I am still awaiting a response from Divi Corporate.

Stayed: February 2016
8  Thank SuzanneSR
Divi R, Manager at Divi Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

We are sorry that you experienced room condition, cleanliness and overall poor standard at Divi Heritage. We did correspond with the hotel manager and as you indicate in your travel opinion, they have appeased you from the disappointment. We strive to constantly improve our resorts to better satisfy our valued guests. We greatly appreciate the time you put into your review. We will share your comments with our Resort Management and Staff.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Was booked in for one night as it was my husbands birthday and we wanted a night out in holetown as we were staying on the gap after entering our room we noticed how run down it was the bathroom was disgusting and the jacuzi was half filled with stale water and full of sand we handed back the keys and left .

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fearney
Divi R, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Hi Fearney,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for bringing your unpleasant experience to our attention. Your comments have been passed along to our General Manager, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent this from happening in the future. On behalf of the entire resort, please accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

Can't wait to go back to the Divi Heritage. We just returned from one of the best vacations in Barbados that we have ever had. The staff were responsive, the studio on the beach was clean, the water was hot, the kitchen was well equipped & the sunsets were spectacular. The landscaping was being upgraded for the new season and looked gorgeous during our stay. Also, we like adults only. We also had access to the Club of Barbados which we also enjoyed.

Come on people, stop complaining. It really isn't bad at all. If you are just into stainless and granite then go somewhere else. You won't be happy. Remember Life's a Beach!

Room Tip: Best views are in the older H buildings, overlooking the Caribbean sunsets.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Divi Heritage during your visit to Barbados! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation experience with us and appreciate your positive feedback. We hope that you will visit us again for another stay!