All reviews paynes bay beach the penthouse a couple of minutes walk laundry room local supermarket grocery delivery other guests big fridge the fully equipped kitchen iron ironing board bus stop esso garage coleslaw self catering bed apartment easy access beach towels
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Fantastic location, very clean and nice units, great staff
Enjoyed being able to easily walk to Paynes Beach
Jackie the manager is very helpful and nice.
The units have everything you might need. The grounds are very pretty

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank luv2trvlfar
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

What a lovely evening spent at Shades in the company of friends. The food was delicious and the conversations were engaging. The ambience was relaxed and homely. The setting by the pool added to the beauty of the evening. Looking forward to the next event.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Shades was everything we had hoped for from looking at the website. We stayed in Apartment 7 which was clean, spacious and well equipped - even down to beach towels being provided. Shades has 2 apartments blocks overlooking the pool and the beautiful gardens provide lots of screening and shade.The peace and tranquility here were just what we needed. Jacqui and Errol made us feel so welcome it felt like visiting old friends rather than checking into holiday accommodation. Go easy on the rum punch!They were full of useful information about restaurants, supermarkets, car hire, things to do/see on the island and any request was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The apartments are literally a 3 minute walk to the beach where you can easily rent a sunbed for the day and there is a variety of watersports available as well as plentiful snorkelling and swimming with turtles.Would highly recommend to anyone considering a trip to Barbados! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed 16 October 2016

This was the perfect place for me to rest and recuperate. I went on my own but was never lonely. Jacque and Errol made it perfect for me they treated me like family. This is now my go to place for R&R

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank _sandi062
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Wasn't sure what to expect,but was very pleasantly surprised,on our arrival,we had 4apartments as we were a rather large group..we were greeted by Jacqui on our arrival, she let us settled in ,then gave us a tour ,showed us how everything worked. Gave us a complimentary rum punch, informed us of all the local and best places to eat,she was absolutely wonderful,Errol's rum punch really packs a punch.
The apartments are close to the beach and amenities.Jacqui also arranged a birthday cake for my granddaughter who wanted a pool party and was granted her wish thanks to the wonderful Jacqui and Errol.
Apartments are clean,and bedrooms air conditioned.
Had such an amazing time I'm going back in November.

Room Tip: I stayed in the penthouse,but all the rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family