“Incredible food, but pricey”
Review of Scarlet

Scarlet
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarlet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 40 - USD 65
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My girlfriend and I visited Barbados in March 2018 for a friend's wedding and stayed nearby. We had dinner here one night and I must say, the food was absolutely outstanding. I had the prawn (shrimp) curry with homemade popadoms and rice for my main and it was the single best meal I had during my time in Barbados. The only reason I'm not giving 5/5 is because it was expensive, but I can't fault the food.

1  Thank boubi1

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Best restaurant, cocktails and food of our week in Barbados.
Exceptional dishes with local twists and produce for all served in a timely manner.
Friendly efficient service with helpful staff.
Small restaurant with great atmosphere and ambience.
Very busy best to book in advance.
Place is unassuming from outside.

1  Thank Richard42
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at beach view for 3 weeks & visited scarlets 3 times. Each time food & service was exceptional. The place doesn’t look much from the outside but you get a surprise when you enter the bar doors. Cocktails are great & food is hot fresh & reasonably priced. They deserve the custom so don’t miss out if your are visiting the area.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our group of six all enjoyed a dinner at Scarlet’s. As other people have mentioned, we were surprised when we walked into this bright red building. The decor is fun and unexpected, with a laid back, welcoming atmosphere. We were there on a busy Saturday evening, but the service was great. There is an inventive list of cocktails and the menu has typical Barbados dishes and some unique offerings. I tried the lamb shank in marmalade and raisin sauce. It was served with mashed potatoes and local veggies. Delicious and everything (including the veggies) were perfectly cooked. The sticky pudding was a perfect end to the meal. This was one of my favourite meals in the two weeks we were in Barbados.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This restaurant was a truly unexpected pleasure and a short walk from the hotel. The food was creative, delicious and very well prepared. The decor was a funky mix of early 60's themes, but done with a classy touch.

Sit at the bar and enjoy a drink with your food. They had a small but complete and well thought out wine list. Their cocktails were just superb.