Royal Westmoreland is an absolutely first rate place to stay, we have been each year for the last 5 years and wouldn't keep returning if we didn't get it! From the day you arrive nothing is too much trouble for the Conceirge Team (special mention to Chris the manager) and they looked after us well once again on our most recent visit.
You see the thing about Royal Westmoreland is the complete privacy you enjoy when you stay on the estate but you still have access to all the facilities of the Island Bit like an exclusive members club without the formality.
Great selection of restaurants in nearby Holetown, both for formal dining or just relaxing, so you really are spoilt for choice. Neither my wife nor I play golf but we really enjoyed the early evening atmosphere in the Clubhouse watching the fabulous Caribbean sunsets. So there is a dress code, but then there is a most golf clubs here in the UK.
Fabulous Villa with it's own pool which would have slept up to 6 guests, friendliest housekeeper you could ever meet, serenaded by the singing frogs each evening and no more bugs than you would find on your family pet.
Will we be back - yes for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Westmoreland is an exclusive Barbados estate and country club, a gated community of luxury homes and holiday villas with exceptional facilities, including the world-class Royal Westmoreland championship 18 hole golf course. Spread across 750 acres of lush tropical landscape in the Parish of St James overlooking the Platinum coast, Royal Westmoreland offers the ultimate Caribbean lifestyle, for a holiday or for a lifetime. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Royal Westmoreland Hotel Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Barbados/Saint James Parish