Me my partner and 4 yr old stayed at westmoreland for 10 days in a forest hills villa. The villa was outstanding, well designed with beautiful views. The pool at the sanctuary good, well sized and clean. In fact everything at westmorland is meticulously clean. Great you might say, but it also leads to a distinct lack of atmosphere. Now we were staying in July, so it was obviously alot quieter but i still think it will be little sterile in high season as well. The staff are polite and helpful, but again there was just a little lack of warmth from some of them, which is highly unusual from bajan people. We had breakfast at the clubhouse once, once was enough! Overpriced and not fantastic. Mullins beach is a good 10 minute drive, not 5 as they say. The beach is lovely, but food at mullins good but not great. The tides was the best restaurant we went to. The staff and food excellent. All in all i would recommend rw if you want to keep you can keep yourself to yourself, but if you want something a little more going on it's not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Westmoreland is an exclusive Barbados estate and country club, a gated community of luxury homes and holiday villas with exceptional facilities, including the world-class Royal Westmoreland championship 18 hole golf course. Spread across 750 acres of lush tropical landscape in the Parish of St James overlooking the Platinum coast, Royal Westmoreland offers the ultimate Caribbean lifestyle, for a holiday or for a lifetime. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Royal Westmoreland Hotel Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Barbados/Saint James Parish