Arrived at Coconut Grove 12 and was very happy with the villa that we had booked. Setting great, space fantastic, pool big enough to actually swim in, housekeeper who told us within 10 minutes what days she would and wouldn't be working! Not a problem though as we hadn't gone on holiday to spend eight hours a day with someone we didn't know so wasn't unhappy that the housekeeper just did the bare minimum. Note to owner - you might be better off advising potential guests of what they can expect from their housekeeper!
Royal Westmoreland please take note. If you really want to offer a first-class service, you do need to have some sort of facility available at the end of the day so that your guests don't have to go back to their villa when they come back from dinner. Better still, open your Clubhouse a bit later than 7.30pm so that one can actually get a drink before they go out to dinner! Not all of us are getting up at 6am for a round of golf.
Do try the Induglence Spa at Mullins Beach. My daughter (13) and I can highly recommend it as we enjoyed lovely pedicures there.
All in all though a thorougly enjoyable holiday. However, won't be going back to Royal Westmoreland unless they have some form of evening facility and a better understanding of what to expect from the housekeeper.
Please note that our ratings are for the actual villa and the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Westmoreland is an exclusive Barbados estate and country club, a gated community of luxury homes and holiday villas with exceptional facilities, including the world-class Royal Westmoreland championship 18 hole golf course. Spread across 750 acres of lush tropical landscape in the Parish of St James overlooking the Platinum coast, Royal Westmoreland offers the ultimate Caribbean lifestyle, for a holiday or for a lifetime. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Royal Westmoreland Hotel Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Barbados/Saint James Parish