We usually look at trip advisor before we book a trip and the reviews have been spot on so far (apart from the woman who complained about the lousy pool and the broken beach chairs??? not sure where she stayed but it can't have been here). We were very impressed with the way the whole booking was organised. We had ordered a welcome package and some cheese and wine for our first night and Carrie and the staff made sure it was ready for us. The apartment was gorgeous, we had booked a one bedroom unit and ended off with a 3 bedroom (2 rooms were locked). The kitchen was beautiful and fully equipped, tea and coffee supplies were left daily. We appreciated the cd player, cable tv, free wi-fi etc. Everything was spotless and modern and we felt extremely comfortable.
I would recommend the Monday night bbq;it was delicious and gave us the opportunity to meet some really interesting people. Grocery shopping in Holetown was so easy, we just hopped on the bus and then got a taxi back (you can even wait for a free shuttle bus back from the supermarket if you want). We rented a car for a couple of days and Robin organised this for us which was also very easy and stress free. We bought fish from the local fish market just over the road and it was delicious. One of the highlights was the cocktail party held at Robin's on Thursday night, transportation was provided and the rum punches were delicious but deadly! On Saturday we went over to the fish market as they do a fish fry supper - bring your own wine but beer can be bought there - the whole meal for the two of us including beers was less than $30! We did eat out at Champers on the south coast and the Crane, both of these were amazing. We only managed cocktails at The Cliff one evening but the views were spectacular. There were many other restaurants within walking distance also.
Disadvantages - not many. The pool was a little cool when you first went in,but in my opinion that made it all the more refreshing. We had to be out of our room by noon and unfortunately there were others booked in so we couldn't extend our stay; it would be nice if the resort had a hospitality room so you could shower and change if you wanted to stay longer by the pool. Ths wasn't a huge issue for us as we had an earlier flight and some of the wonderful friends we met this week invited us to their appartment for a farewell drink, but if your flight doesn't leave until later in the day you might not enjoy your last day quite so much.
This might not be the place for you if you like a lot of on-site entertainment; we absolutely loved the peace and quiet, even the road noise didn't bother us. I wouldn't recommend this place if you have teenagers but for couples of any age and young families I would say it is perfect. We are already planning our next trip!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Certificate of Excellence 4 years running and Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 2 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Odigeo so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish