1,546 results
All reviews neptune grill complimentary rum punch carlisle bay front desk staff beautiful beach air conditioner paddle boards race horses every morning bit dated hotel restaurant yacht club beach towels gas station breakfast buffet cuz's fish shack the general manager
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband picked the hotel because we wanted to have a staycation for the weekend of my birthday. On the very day of the reservation we knew it would be awesome. The reservation clerk ensure that everything was in order so we were looking forward to a very good reception. We were serviced with a cocktail drink on our arrival and I was able to change my room booked to another room without any hesitation or hassle. The reservation clerk ensure that she sent me a surprise bottle of wine and happy birthday cake for the fitted occasion to my room. We spent the rest of the afternoon sipping drinks during happy hour and had a delicious sumptuous meal for dinner. The weekend was great.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
TramaineSargeant, Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear E K,

I hope this finds you well. On behalf of the entire team at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, we wish to thank you for your awesome feedback! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We thank you for your patronage and hope to see you again when you return to Barbados!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My husbands company chose this hotel. I must admit that after reading some of the bad reviews I was a bit hesitant. Luckily I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is smaller and older, but our room at least was very nice. I'm picky about hotels and found it to be updated and decorated in a what I call "Classy Caribbean". It was bright, tasteful, clean, and had a great bathroom and pillows. We were never without hot water as some have mentioned. We were also given two complimentary bottles of water daily. We only ate at the hotel twice- once upon arrival, and one lunch at Neptunes, their beach snack bar. It was salads and a wrap w flying fish and they were very good. The hotel is situated on Carlisle Bay, so the beautiful water is more calm and perfect for swimming. I do have a couple of things that I personally wasn't a fan of, but they're things that wouldn't bother others. The biggest thing for me was how the loungers/umbrellas are placed. They set them up each morning and bc of the very small beach, they are packed together, leaving zero room for you to maybe enjoy sitting alone or w just your partner. I prefer being able to choose my spot rather than have just thr umbrellas pole worth of distance btwn me and a stranger. I will say as the day goes on and people chase the sun, you get a chance to spread out a bit. It can get very crowded on a busy day. There is also a beach club directly next door that can get busy and make the Radisson's beach feel smaller too. We spent a couple days at the nearby Hiltons large beach bc we were in need of being able to have our own space. We also enjoyed their lovely pool as the one at the Radisson is more fitting for children and therefore was always full with them. It just wasn't desirable to us. My husband was there for a full week, which for a vacation would seem a bit too long at this particular hotel, I feel it's better suited for two and three day stays. But again, if you're one who embraces crowds and doesn't mind sharing umbrellas with strangers, you'd certainly enjoy staying here. It's a nice place with very nice staff and decent food (from what I had), great swimming, and a quick walk to a few restaurants and gas stations if you want room snacks. I have no complaints that aren't personal preference. Oh! If you get Corene as your maid, you'll love her. She's very nice and always did an excellent job. One suggestion is if you choose to tip your housekeeper, give them the tip personally. Having had Corene all week and seeing her again the day before we left, I assumed she'd clean out room and left her tip w her name card on top (there's a little card w the maids name in case you need something). Much to my dismay, another maid took our room that day, and her tip. I was very upset and immediately called the front desk who said they'd talk to the housekeeping manger, but I'm not sure that happened and if so, not sure what could have been done at that point. Overall the hotel is a nice and a lot of the negative reviews left me confused.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TramaineSargeant, Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear 2bluepoints,

Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts on your stay with us! We appreciate your feedback regarding the chair placements and we will actively look into finding a more comfortable set up for the loungers that will provide some additional room, provided we have the availability. I'd be happy to check with Pablo (Executive Housekeeper) on the matter you mentioned regarding Corene and see if it's been rectified. I'd would also like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to congratulate Corene on her efforts in making your stay more delightful.

On behalf of the entire team at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, we thank you for your patronage, and we can't wait to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

A 4star hotel ideally situated at East end of famous Carlisle beach and with Peebles beach ( no Peebles ) on the other side. It's second time we have been here and have rooms facing each of the beaches and this divides opinion .Overlooking Pebbles beach you get more hot sun and great early morning views of horses bathing,however the air con, some loud is neded a lot .On the other side you get great views of Carlisle 2km beach and Bridgetown in background and the roof of Yacht club and noise of their leaf blower at 8am .The room temp is more comfortable temp and virtually no air con needed. You take your choice . The rooms are spacious with lots of goodies and facilities for a 4 star hotel. The staff are very welcoming if you engage with them and breakfast on the jetty is different but with plenty of choice .If you want snack food there is a food court 100 yds away and a trip advisor favourite in cuzs shack in car park of Pebbles beach for the fish cutter at lunchtimes .The hotel part of beach has sun loungers ,parasols and a beach ambassador who looks after you and the provision of beach towels .WE will return as swimming in the bay is safe ,clean and so relaxing .

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank cjmorpeth
TramaineSargeant, Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Cjmorpeth,

I hope this finds you well. On behalf of the entire team at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, I wish to thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure having you, thank you for your patronage and we thoroughly hope that we have the opportunity to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived very early in the morning due to flights, and the staff did everything they could to make us welcome, hold onto our bags, allowed us to change, and expedited the room as soon as they could.
We had a great room with a fabulous beach view, swimming was good, and walks along the beach were enjoyed.
A good restaurant, open throughout the day, and an efficient room service from the poolside bar.
This was an excellent choice of hotel in which to spend a couple of nights before embarking on our cruise.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Greg_Lindsay,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your time with us. On behalf of the team at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, we thank you for your patroange and hope to have you visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Stayed here for business and the location of the hotel is superb as it is just in front of one of the best beaches of Barbados and besides the Barbados Yatching Club which provides all sorts of water sports. The beach is one of the best for swimming, snorkeling and kayaking.
The hotel is very quaint and not so large, the rooms are ok and the view is breathtaking.
However, the service could improve. The staff, in particular at breakfast, dont seem to be very happy at all and they dont seem to have any guidance or direction on what to do. The food is not that good, breakfast is really expensive for what I got . This morning I ordered an omelette and the cook walked out leaving the eggs sitting there so they got overcooked. It did not cross her mind to put them on a plate or take them to the table. And the room service was the worst I have ever had, once I managed to get the phone to work and the room service to answer the phone and to have it delivered 1 hour later, it was an inedible deep fried mass. Fortunately the location is good and you can walk to other places to eat. I think this hotel needs more managerial presence as some of the staff seem to be clueless. And a better chef too..The air conditioner worked ok but made incredible noise. The gym was good and not so crowded. I think this hotel has all the potential but needs and effort to improve services and the little details that matter since it has good infrastructure and perfect location

Room tip: All rooms have a great view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank claudiast

Dear Claudiast,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your constructive criticisms. On behalf of the entire team, I'd like to apologise for the unsatisfactory performances that you experienced during your stay. You have our guarantee that we will investigate these issues and make every effort to ensure situations like these do not happen again in future.

I hope to have the opportunity in future that should you retun to visit the Radisson in Barbados, that we can meet and exceed your expectations.