“Amazing falafel and service.”

Sahara Arabic Grill and Falafel
Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Price range: USD 4 - USD 15
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sahara, where flavour comes alive! Bringing you the natural, vibrant and flavourful foods from the Middle East, all prepared and grilled before your eyes by our Arabic Chef. It's your food, and we make it your way! We cater to all foodies out there with a variety of wraps, plated options and vegetarian dishes using only the most natural ingredients, so you can indulge in our food.
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This place is amazing!! My wife and I were staying at the Hilton near pebbles beach, which was a beautiful 10 minute walk from Sahara. The family that runs the place are great chefs and seem to be even better people. The falafel wraps were amazing, with extremely fresh greens, simple yet delicious hummus, and the best falafel that I have ever tasted. Needless to say, we ate lunch at Sahara every day of our vacation. It is some of the best food on the island!
P.S. The owners are expanding into the space next door and will soon be able to cater to even more customers. I will visit them every time I am in Barbados.

Date of visit: February 2017
Elie K, Manager at Sahara Arabic Grill and Falafel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Awesome screen name!

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the falafel- we absolutely pride ourselves on the falafel and our great tasting hummus. Fresh is always best and that's why freshness, quality and service are things we will never compromise on.

Haha thanks for mentioning the expansion as well! We have great things in store :)

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I have used here a few times and thought it was Time to give them credit for the amazing food that they make every day. they have a great facility where by you can email them through the website and you can have your food ready to collect when it is a good time for you.
food is delicious fresh tasty, they are friendly people and do an excellent job cooking great food. I can't recommend this place highly enough and I will always use it when I am here in Barbados.

Date of visit: February 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review us! We're happy as long as you and our customers happy! Yes, the online ordering is extremely simple to use and I highly recommend it if you're in a hurry or would like to book your order as we tend to sell out of food. One tip: the online ordering system does not reflect real-time sales but we would always call you if there's a problem (provided you used a local number or stated your hotel and room number in the description of our online ordering system).

Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Please remember this particular place if you want a pleasant surprise.

Everything comes out better than you could possibly expect! The owner and the team go way beyond standard kebabs and falafel. They have made things a little harder on themselves to make it a little better for you!
We had chicken kebab with hummus / fattoush salad & a falafel with the same sides & real fresh squeezed orange juices! -lots of extras..different secret sauces, veggies, herbs, etc, something pickled, and --not just a pita, but a warm flavored pita, with seasoning, flavor and spices & sliced onion....all sorts of extra love goes into all the items!

A day in Barbados should include a trip to Carlisle Bay--(and a short walk away to Sahara for lunch)

I'm so happy and thankful for the time, commitment, and service to the Barbados public this family provides by providing a fresh meal in their own special way!

I believe that sharing good food is the gateway to peace & understanding.

God willing, the owners and workers of this establishment will continue to grow and to be successful-

I have been a cook for over 30 years, and still cook privately, and I am truly impressed!

Date of visit: February 2017
Elie K, Manager at Sahara Arabic Grill and Falafel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

What a thorough review! At the end of the day, we want to ensure our customers enjoy their meal and the service we provide no matter what! I am happy that you were able to experience that! We consider our customers as being part of the family.

I think I will steal that statement about food being the gateway to peace because it truly is!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Having worked for a major international airline for over 30 years...I've traveled to quite a few countries and sampled a great variety of foods. I love hummus and let me tell you these folks make the best hummus I've ever tasted! I had another chicken platter here TODAY FANTASTIC! I ordered a beef wrap to go...just murdered that! Dad and his two sons..lovely people...great with customers and they serve the best food on de rock! See you guys soon..

Date of visit: February 2017
Elie K, Manager at Sahara Arabic Grill and Falafel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Thank you so much, Tim! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the food! We pride ourselves on the quality of our food, our amazing hummus and great service. I am happy that you were able to experience this! Have a great one!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

We have eaten at Sahara about 4 times now and absolutely love the food and the prices are very reasonable for Barbados. We usually get takeout. When I order a platter, I get a good quantity of food that's healthy and delicious. We also ordered takeout to feed a group of 8 and everyone loved the food. Please make sure to order online as it helps to minimise the wait and helps them to prepare your order.

Date of visit: February 2017

Hooray for online ordering! It really does make things easier for you AND us! The best thing? Your food is still prepared fresh for the time you selected- it will never sit there (unless you're late haha). I am happy that you enjoyed the food- that means A LOT to us!