4,193 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelighthouse restaurantpool barbay viewkids clubdiamond membertour deskhappy hourcareenage barbrown sugarthe grillday passprivate beachthe gaprented a carthe cliffcarlisle bay
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We have just spent two weeks at the Barbados Hilton and we have had a really lovely holiday. This is our second time at this hotel and we love the pool and the fabulous beach. The atmosphere is very relaxed and at this time of year there are always sunbeds and parasols to be had around the pool.
Service at the hotel is variable - some staff are really lovely and very helpful but some can seem a little uninterested in customer service.
We did, however, have a MAJOR problem with the Exec Lounge. We have been to many Hiltons around the world and this was our first time using the lounge in Barbados. It was extremely disappointing and many people were moaning about the quality of snacks and the apparent inability of the hotel to keep the drinks replenished. They appeared to be very stingy with everything in the lounge and we had to ask constantly for fruit/drinks/glasses/cereal etc etc and we weren't the only ones doing this!! The hotel management really need to be aware of their customers' disquiet as people were saying they would not pay for it again. People need to be aware the hotel is now charging for alcoholic drinks in the evening in the lounge - a practice we have not seen anywhere else in Hilton. When we booked we were told the drinks were complimentary!!!! This was a source of annoyance among many people.
I have to say the hard working and friendly staff in the lounge were really lovely and we enjoyed many laughs and chats with them - our problem was not with them but the hotel's apparent bid to cut back on what they provide. We felt strongly that this was unacceptable.
However, we would definitely go back to this hotel again as we enjoy its relaxed atmosphere and beautiful location. It would be just about perfect if the disappointing lounge was up to standard.

2  Thank UKBadBoy
Sharmer2000, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2010

Thank you for coming back to stay with us again and hopefully we will see you again soon. We will review the lounge following your comments but it was pleasing to read that the team members looked after you so well.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Dear all,

I booked this hotel after much deliberation and research after reading the numerous -/+ reviews.

I can safeley report that one should have no issue here at all on the whole, trust me I am a picky sort and had little issue here, but there were some

The hotel it self is a large complex and though geared for coperates its great for holiday goers as the pool /lobby/ beach area seldom get busy.

I would`nt call it a 5 star as its missing the final touches that would give it the edge, however its a good 4 star.

The negatives are that

The hotel will attempt to vacuum the contents of your wallet at every chance they get. they wanted 10BBDS for a cork screw, however if you stand your ground they will quickly back down.

Generally its not to pricey, the food is OK, breakfast is good, however is a cattle market on the weekend, avoid the pizza and pasta as its straight out of a box and microwaved.

Dont pay the extra for the exec lounge as its overcrowded and is not worth the extra.

The main issue is that the hotel is overun by chav BA staff who have no regard for the civilised amongst us.

Location is OK, taxis are cheap so no probs to restraunts, though they can be steep.

All in all, book this place you`ll be fine.

Thanks

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and is most valuable in measuring our overall performance. Hopefully we will see you back on the sunny beaches of Barbados again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

this trip was lovely, but a tad boring...the hotel was amazing breakfast was to die for but we found there wasnt much to do...if all you want s to relax and do nothing this this is the place to go but me and my boyfriend needed a bit of excitement.

we hired a car 2 days into our holiday and it was the best money ever spent we went to the main town which was basic but lovely loads to see plus the duty free shoppign in town isnt bad at all my fella is obsessed with torteguan rum cake and you can only get in in barbados so u can imagain how much we ate.
we went to a cigar factory and also foud some lovely beaches. my boyfriend also fell in love with these ilky snow cone thingys that they sell in the market...they were quite yummy!

ohhh and try the roti's at chefetts take away carribbean food LUSH!

i think we went at a fairly quiet time of year as there want much going on it would have been nice to meet some other couples etc.

we only stayed half bored at this place and after staying all inc in the dominican i highly reccomend all inc here too as i think we would have drank alot more which deffo would have made it a more exciting holiday lol!
a week here was more than enough for us as like i said the hotel was lovey in every way but he trip as a whole was a little boring for us as a young couple.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fran-Ant
Reviewed 11 August 2010

TRAVELLERS - This was my family's first time to Barbados, so we did not know what to expect. Myself, my partner, 21 month old daughter, 4 year old son, and 12 year old sister travelled together.

ARRIVAL - We arrived to the hotel on the 02/08/10 and stayed for a week.
When we arrived we had to wait a lengthly time to check in at the front desk while waiting for the 2 members of staff to deal with 1 person which I thought was unecessary.

HOTEL ROOM - First impressions of the hotel room was not as expected of a 5*Hotel. We were not even provided with slippers! Saying that though, it was nice and clean and the bathroom was more modern than the actual room itself.

FOOD & RESTAURANT - The first evening I ordered off the main menu and the food was delicious! After that it was mainly the buffet food I ate(mainly because I was on the half board plan and simply wanted to get my moneys worth)!, which was not too bad at first but then became boring and not very varied. As for the childrens menu, they could had more options as kids can be fussy and like different things!
I would say DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR HALF BOARD as u may aswell venture out the hotel to different restaurants to eat as u will have alot more choice. We found it was not worth the extra money they charge you.
Also be careful of the milk they serve, I had a stomach ache for a couple of days but could not pin point exactly what it was but I switched to herb tea instead of milk tea and found It got better.

ENTERTAINMENT - Absolutely very much so none! We found ourselves going to bed early as there was nothing much going on in the hotel.

ACTIVITIES - This also was a downfall. Because my two children are young they were quite easily entertained by the outdoor kids pool and the beach. I think any older then they would have got bored. My 12 year old sister was bored, but was so caught up in getting a tan she was not that bothered!

SERVICE - One thing I will give top ratings for is the restaurant and outdoor staff's helpfulness with children - They are so attentive to the children and are always going out of there way to help with them! My children are at the age when they can be hard to control and restless when eating out, but the staff were always there to help me whenever need be! :-)

OVERALL - I did enjoy my stay at the Hilton, but I would say it is more of a business hotel. If you are going with kids older than mine, than I would say to check out other hotels that offer more activities for them, as even the kids club they have is very basic and my son refused to stay there, most probably because it seemed more suited for 1-3 year olds.
The one thing I thought was wrong was the fact that they include in your bill a service charge and yet they are still expecting tips!
Also check your final bill at the end of your stay, as I found once I looked into mine that they had tried to add items that should not have been added that were included in my half board stay!! Got that rectified pronto.
The hotel itself is not really near anything to be able to just venture out by foot to find food or other entertainment, so you will find yourself spending more money on taxis, but I spoke to other guests there and they said it is worth it as the food is better outside.

Like I said, if you wish to just chill out for the duration of your stay and not do anything but sunbathe and swim or use the spa (I never tried it so can't review it) then this hotel is ideal for you!!

Although I would say personally this is more of a 4* HOTEL.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Sharmer2000, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Thank you for the detailed feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in Barbados. See you soon in the sunshine we hope!!

Reviewed 11 August 2010

all the rooms are large and elegant. you feel welcome from the first day. great clean beach very friendly staff. great bed. food so-so. quite imperialistic environment

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank vegann

Thanks for the feedback on your excellent stay with us, it was our pleasure and maybe see you here again soon?