4,233 results
All reviews the executive lounge lighthouse restaurant pool bar bay view kids club diamond member tour desk happy hour careenage bar brown sugar the grill day pass private beach the cliff the gap rented a car carlisle bay
Reviewed 15 May 2007

My husband and I just got back from a seven night honeymoon at the Hilton and it was absolutely wonderful. An important thing to know before booking an executive floor room is that the 6th floor in the Fort Tower and the 7th floor in the Lighthouse Tower have concrete walls along the balcony. This means that if you're sitting on the balcony, you only see the sky! This was definitely not what we wanted and we were given a better room after two nights. My other suggestion is to bring along a collapsible cooler. I had thought I could easily buy one when we got to Barbados but this was not the case. We did eventually find one (not collapsible) in a Hardware Store but the price was ridiculous since we were going to throw it away after the trip. It would have been too cumbersome to bring home.
We ended up just refilling a champage bucket with ice in order to keep milk, soda and wine cold.

The gym at the Hilton is a little small and it could definitely use some more cardio equipment. There was quite often a wait for the treadmills and the ellipticals in the morning. If you went at offpeak times though, it wasn't a problem.

The beach and pool area are incredible. The whole hotel is kept very clean and the staff is very friendly. It could not have been better.

I was very happy with my choice of the Hilton. The property is big enough and spread out enough so that it never felt crowded and getting loungers and umbrellas were never a problem.

I highly recommend the Cliff for a special occasion dinner. It was very expensive but it will be a beautiful memory for me. Also, definitely do the Wildlife Reserve. It was so much fun walking around with all the animals. We rented a car from Stoutes and were very pleased with their service.

Thank you Barbados and the Hilton for a wonderful Honeymoon!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank luvtolaf62
Reviewed 14 May 2007

hilton barbados. fabuloso...stayed 5-6 thru 5-12. great time. friendly staff. great pool for the kids and the adults. i went with my girlfriend. anything you want to do for fun can be handled by hilton who have arranges tours. 2 great shows to see is "harbour lights" and "bajan nights". you MUST go on a catamaran and swim with the turtles. all you can drink booze and food. everything is based on the BDS (barbados dollar) $2 BDS is $1 US dollar. simple. they all take US dollars. the driving? if you're a timid driver, dont do it. driving is on the left side plus the sterring wheel. i did it. circled the island. go to Bathsheba and find the rocks by the ocean. breathtaking. then eat at "the roundhouse" that overloks the sea. you will get lost but ask for directions. everyone we asked was sooo friendly. fridays you must go to Oistins for the BIG fish fry. loud bajan soca music with fresh fish and crafts and all the beer you can handle. i can write for days on this great experience. the hilton was awesome. the buffets were out of this world. any ?'s...jeffm525@aol.com

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jeffm525
Reviewed 14 May 2007

Just got back from beautiful Barbados! My husband and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary. We had a very nice time, the beaches are absolutely gorgeous, so that is where we spent most of our time. We had a rental car, which I feel is very necessary as nothing is really within walking distance. My husband is a surfer so we enjoyed driving up the coasts to the different surf breaks. Unfortunately for him, the surf wasn't that great during our stay. However, directly to the left of the hotel, there were some good waves, so at least he got to surf a little bit.

The hotel, the place is very well maintained and the staff for the most part were friendly. Not overly friendly like some places you visit but they were OK. The beds in our opinion were horrible. We woke up with really bad backs but we have a pillow top bed at home so we weren't used to such hard beds. We really didn't do much besides exploring in the car, beach during the day, dinner at the Gap every night, then we went to bed. For dinner, we enjoyed the Mexican Restaurant at the Gap. The only other complaint we had is it is very expensive. Bring lots of money because everything is expensive!! All in all, we had a very lovely time and would return of course, after we visited some of the other islands.

3  Thank ama15
Reviewed 2 May 2007

My wife and I recently returned from another fabulous vacation at the Barbados Hilton (February 3-10). This was our third trip here since the Hilton re-opened in 2005 and each trip has been an awsome experience. This time we invited two very good friends to join us and now they can't wait to return as well.
There is so much we enjoy about going there so I will touch briefly on the high points.

1. The Hilton sits on a beautiful white sand beach with the most incredible blue water you will ever see. In fact the locals call it "Barbados Blue". We have travelled extensively in the Caribbean and have seen nothing else quite like it. We love to sit on our balcony and just gaze at that amazing water!

2. The Hilton is a beautiful modern facility with spacious and elegantly appointed rooms and public areas. It is only a 20 minute ride from the airport and we love it that it is conveniently located between the capital city of Bridgetown and the restaurants and nightlife of St. Lawrence Gap.

3. As Hilton Gold members we receive a complimentary upgrade to the executive floor with access to the executive lounge. The benefits of this are many including a deluxe continental breakfast and evening hor dourves with open bar. It would be well worth it to pay the small premium to book a room on this floor.

4. The extensive pool area is another great feature. We especially enjoy the upper level infinity pool. This pool is never crowded and has a fantastic view of the Caribbean sea.

5. There are many wonderful restaurants within a 10 minute ride from the Hilton. Some of our favorites are Pisces, Bellinis, Luigis, and Cafe Sol. We also enjoy the entertainment at the Waterfront Cafe in Bridgetown. At least one visit to a local "Chefette" for fried chicken is a must!

6. For a diversion we enjoy spending time on any number of Barbados' beautiful beaches including Crane and Miami beach. The east coast of Bathsheba is ruggedly beautiful and a must see. No trip to Barbados is complete for us without a trip tp "Earthworks Pottery" to see the incredibly talented artisans at work and to make another purchase for our collection.

I realize most of what I have descibed could probably be found similarly elsewhere in the Caribbean. What really makes Barbados and the Hilton special to us are the wonderful people that live and work there.
On our first trip we met the general manager of rhe Hilton, Marilyn Soper, and she has made a point to welcome us each time we come back and treats us like returning friends.
The staff at the hotel and especially the many who work in the executive lounge always make us feel incredibly welcome and we look forward to seeing them each time we go back. One of the young ladies invited us to her church on our first visit and now that is a highlight of each trip we especially look forward to.
A special thanks to Charmaine, Nadia, Stacey, Andrea, Hazel and the many others who help make our stays special.

Just writing this review makes me eager to return. I am already planning our next trip to the fantastic Barbados Hilton!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
16  Thank Travelhost51
Reviewed 19 April 2007

My husband, son, & I stayed at the Hilton during the first week of April. It's a nice hotel, nothing fancy...the rooms were sizable, clean, and nicely furnished. We stayed on the "executive floor" which had complimentary access to the lounge and included free breakfast. Definitely worth the extra $ to stay on the executive floor.

Most of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. There were a few that did not want to deal with guests and it showed.

The beach was nice, water was amazingly warm. The Hilton is not an ideal location. It is a ten minute ride to Bridgetown (but not much to do, except to shop). Only restaurant within walking distance was Brown Sugar (good food). The restaurants at the hotel was not good. Lighthouse not up to par. Water's Edge was okay to grab a light lunch when hanging out by the pool/beach.

Ventured out to the west coast, definitely the nicest. We had good to excellent meals at restaurants along the west coast...Cab ride (round trip) to the West Coast was approximately $50 (USD)

The Cliff - Very Expensive, the view is amazing and the food excellent.
Lone Star - Expensive, food was good
The Mews - Excellent
Sandy Lane Country Club - Great for lunch, beautiful property
Fish Pot - Further north on the west coast, food was excellent

For children, visit Harrison's Cave and go on the Atlantis Submarine.

Overall, the island is beautiful but not our favorite island. The sand and beaches were not as beautiful as Turks and Caicos and Anguilla. If we visit again, we would definitely stay on the West Coast.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank BOTTOMSUP