Take a taxi from the airport about $40 and always good. Hotel charges $75 for same service. Don't think I would risk the shuttle and stop at multiple properties. The hotel is very nice of course, the room we had 217 was a basic Fairmont room and was very nicely updated, clean and modern with gorgeous bathroom and furnishings. Wifi was fantastic, new flat screen TV was just OK with channel selection and poor reception but not a big deal for us. Our view was over the large Windows restaurant with partial ocean view and sound in the distance, again just fine. We paid $129 on the Travelzoo special was really was a fantastic rate. Be sure to join the President's Club and get free wifi saves about $20/day. Other discounts with PC as well but didn't get that far. The outdoor pool is fantastic, lots of kids with small water slide, heated to about 90F was really nice swimming. Hot tub was very hot but nice. The beach is fantastic, they were running on bare bones staff but the restaurant was open serving boxed sandwiches and drinks, low season. Ocean was very nice for March, cool and swimmable. Continental buffet in Windows was about $25/person but very nice breakfast, great selection and dining room. Nabbed a cookie and a piece of fruit for lunch - shhh don't tell the hotel!
Of course everything is expensive, it's Bermuda, but really $40/person to swim in their indoor pool??? Really!!! OK we didn't try it so maybe it's worth it but somehow I really don't think so - you can tell us if you do it. We rented a scooter for $50/day at Oceana Scooters, call them they will pick you up at the hotel, very nice people. Saved 100's over calling taxi's for every move. You really can't go anywhere within walking distance except Henry VIII and Gibbs Lighthouse to eat or do. We will go back but only when we can get a similar good rate.
All the staff at the hotel is very friendly and courteous, much like the rest of Bermuda!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont