“Charming and Gracious”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
boston
“Charming and Gracious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We recently stayed at Royal Palms during the Easter holiday. It was a very quiet time on the island and the staff was terrific in assembling activities and making suggestions during this time. They were charming, friendly and a pleasure to "come home" to after a day of being out and about. Breakfast was plentiful and healthy and a great way to start the day. We will be returning to Royal Palms!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mpgrath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Ovverall, good stay. First let me start with all the goog things

PRO:
Check In --smooth, friendly and professional
Rooms seemed to be clean upon inspection --I check everything--beds, mattress, closet, iron, ironingboard, towels, wash clothes, bathroom, tub, rug, curtains, you name it.
Smelled clean upon entrance
Very Bright with windows over looking beautiful andwellkept grounds
Wifi in room, free printing, wonderful staff in all categories
Central to Hamilton --easy 15 Min walk (watch the cars) but I would not walk back by myself to hotel at night
Check-out easy, efficient, quick and professional.
Night security made me feel safe. He was wonderful, friendly just like most of the people I met there
Grounds are beautiful during day and at night. I love all the lights at night and sat out there for just a little while. Beautiful and well kept.
Whatever you need extra towels etc is provided upon request

CONS:
ANTS! I am one of those people who if there is any bugs at all, even small ants, flying insects etc I have a hard time sleeping & getting comfortable. This is truly the only thing that messed up my stay so I did not enjoy as much as I would have liked. I had to mention it for others who are also bothered by such things.

A lot of touch up paint, visible cracks in wall & ceilings and remnants of some past water damages so there may be hidden mold but not sure I did not see any. Again, may be a problem for those with allergies. I like to be thorough and honest when I provide reviews. I think they will have to address the cracks etc. some time soon if they are going to keep maintaining such a nice property. If I were to offer a suggestion to management, if they asked, it would be to get rid of the ugly brown blanket and just stick to the crisp clean white that is on top.

Overall, you cannot beat their customer service, well maintained property and location in my opinion! I would give it anothe try and will likey stay again. I usually stay at very luxury hotels but this time I tried a bed & breakfast type set up. If they could get a handle on the ants I think it may become my place of choice everytime I visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank pickylady35
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

a liberty travel agent in connecticut booked us at grotto bay - an overpriced, sterile resort. no cable connection. poorly maintained. all show and no go. fancy at the entrance yet the rooms feel like a cheap motel. very upsetting. we sat in the lobby after one night and found an angel named sonia at the royal palms by phone. we took a taxi over and spent five wonderful days in their loving, peaceful immaculate, homey nest just above town. they treated us like family. can't wait to return. ten times the vacation at one third the price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank James G
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have stayed at the Royal Palms several times in the past and have always been well looked after so I had no hesitation in booking my last stay which was for a few days as a late autumn break. I was not disappointed and the quality of this charming boutique hotel remains as high as ever. From the moment of arrival we were made to feel very welcome.
Breakfast has not changed over the years, but it was more than adequate and with the extended dining area not as cramped as I remember.
The room was large and homely with a view over the swimming pool. There was a small kitchenette area which was useful.
The bar was warm and friendly and you could still get a great dark and stormy. We tended to eat out most nights as the location of the Royal Palms was good for getting into Hamilton where there is a good range of restaurants available. We did eat in Ascots one night as a birthday celebration which was nice with good food albeit a little pricey in my opinion.
Overall it was a great stay and continues to be a favourite small hotel. I would thoroughly recommend the Royal Palms and will definitely stay there when next in Bermuda.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hudson0605
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

From the first day of my visit to the Royal Palms Hotel, I was treated with the utmost in HOSPITALITY. I enjoyed the "wine hour" with guests in the evening and the fabulous Ascot Restaurant, which is on site. The hotel is like a "home away from home" with its cozy rooms, gardens and lovely pool. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning and warm and friendly atmosphere. The Managers and staff treat you like royalty and I will be back!

Room Tip: The Superior Rooms have a kitchenette and dining area...very private and lovely.