“Superior service, friendly setting”
Review of Royal Palms Hotel

Royal Palms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Toronto
“Superior service, friendly setting”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

A lovely hotel, with British colonial inspriation. Recently travelled on business and would recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure. Right from my check in with Jen at the front desk, to check out with Sonia, my entire experience was pleasurable, friendly and professional. The grounds although small, are extemely well kept, pool area (again small) was tidy and clean, even though it was off season. The rooms are extremely clean and well appointed. My room was 128 and came with a decent sized, fridge, sink, dinnerware, cutlery, microwave, and toaster oven. Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Housekeeping staff left no stone unturned in their daily cleaning.

This hotel provides complimentary breakfast daily from 7 - 10 so both late and early risers should easily be accommodated. Poached eggs, waffles and fresh fruit were provided daily in addition to many other options.

The hotel is well within walking distance for the average tourist to several nice restaurants and pubs. (In addition to the wonderful restaurant located in the hotel). The area is extremely safe, however be aware that there are no sidewalks in Bermuda (generally speaking) and in my opinion, many drivers are not so talented in this country so watch your step and be aware of surrounding travel.

Overall, a great experience in a lovely, quiet hotel with outstanding service and beautiful surroundings. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: 128 doesn't have much of a view but is very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank TheRidge1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have stayed at the Royal Palms twice so far. Both times because they were $200 less per night that the Fairmont. The place is small, cozy with very nice, well appointed rooms. Every room seems to be a bit different in terms of furnishings, but all have the same facilities. It's very B&B-ish with a great lounge and restaurant on the main floor (although it does seem a bit "stuffy" at dinner time). As with everything else in Bermuda, food and drink are expensive.

Walking to downtown takes about 20 minutes with a Sports Pub about 10 minutes away as well.

The staff are VERY helpful, happy, and accommodating with any request. Book a cab to the airport the night prior to your departure without a worry that it won't show up on time.

I wouldn't hesitate staying at the Royal Palms again, whether for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pool during one stay. Very quiet. Another time, the room was right over...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank AlwaysW0rking
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Royal Palms for the third time (business trip) and once again I leave a very happy guest! Staff are very friendly/helpful, excellent accommodations and meals and great proximity to the office! I would highly recommend the Royal Palms not only to business travellers but also for those tourists who want to be within walking distance to Hamilton! Look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank SheltiesRule
Atlanta
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Our stay was about six months ago, just now getting around to writing a review. We visited for a brief three night stay as our last couples getaway before our second child was born. I must say our first impression was a little shaky as they did not have our reservation in the system. I had an email printout and confirmation number. However, the hotel was not full so it was not a problem. If you are visiting in July, August or September I'd highly advise calling to confirm they have your reservation. It would be awful to be stuck on busy Bermuda in high season without a reservation!

Things looked up from there. The property is cute and well-kept. It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood bordering Hamilton. It takes only 15 minutes or so to walk into Hamilton, which we did many times. Rooms are decorated in a traditional colonial style, and the beds are comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is average, but more than adequate for what we needed.

From the hotel we had easy access to the main bus terminal downtown (15 min walk), so we could get anywhere we wanted on the island. We had minimal interaction with the staff, but those we did speak with were pleasant.

I loved the residents of Bermuda. They are very, very proud of their island. It was nice to speak with taxi drivers, fellow beach goers, and others who lived there. People truly seem to love and care about their home.

As far as Royal Palms, I do think it's better suited for a business or Hamilton-based traveler than beach vacationer. The beach resorts are so ridiculously expensive and those that were affordable were booked solid by the time we got around to scheduling this trip. I don't regret our choice; the place was lovely and we had a nice time. But I do think I'd stay on the beach if I returned for a vacation. If I returned for business or any other reason, I'd choose Royal Palms. It's far enough away from Hamilton to provide peace, but close enough to walk into town on a whim.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alw1977
NYC
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I'm generally cut and dry when it comes to my hotel stays; particularly on vacation. Pay for the name, get the quality you need to relax and avoid the worry about whether it will work out. My trip was last minute, and I couldn't get a room at the Fairmont. So, I took a chance with this hotel, and my stay was wonderful. The staff, the room, the cleanliness, the breakfast in the garden--all GREAT. The hotel grounds are well maintained too. I felt that I was in a Caribbean version of Martha's Vineyard, actually. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank rsoulstar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
0.4 km away
#2 of 2 in Hamilton Parish
0.5 km away
Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Hamilton

Been to Royal Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!