All reviews swizzle party front porch afternoon tea the main house sandwiches elbow beach tuesday evening each morning other guests free taxi rum swizzle the bus front street short walk small hotel first trip to bermuda an easy walk
Reviewed 13 October 2018

We spent five nights at the Rosedon in early October, 2018. Even though the Hotel seemed to be full, it never seemed to encroach on our privacy. Excellent and attentive staff, clean room, very comfortable bed. Would definitely return to stay here. Olga, Gerald, and Kenny at the front desk and bell staff will take good care of you.

Room tip: Rooms around the pool appear to be more quiet that rooms in the main house
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jecoa T, Director of Rooms at Rosedon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Larry C,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Rosedon and for choosing us as your hotel to stay while in Bermuda. We are immensely appreciative for your acknowledgements of our staff. Olga, Gerald, and Kenny will be delighted to read your comments. Knowing you enjoyed and took comfort in your room is very pleasing. It was an absolute pleasure having you with us. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

From arrival we felt very welcomed with a free rum swizzle and cold scented towels. The Hotel looks exactly like the pictures and is a very pretty place. It gave me a Hollywood glam vibe. The court yard pool and balconies reminded me of Melrose Place but a higher end version with no drama! The grounds where up kept very well and everything was very clean. The staff was super nice, the location very convenient, and I would return and recommend the hotel. The elegant front door and woodwork in the lobby restaurant area where classy and beautiful.
Breakfast and tea on the porch where such a highlight. The Eggs Benedict where very good and the tea was a fun afternoon treat. We loved being across from the Princess Hotel. We would go over for a sunset drink and enjoy the view but where happy to head back to the Rosedon to escape the busy crowd.
If I had to be nit picky and find fault I would say the bathroom could use a little love. It was clean and not outdated but small and there seemed to be a bath fitter insert that could be better attached.
But honestly it is a great property that shows pride in ownership and customer service. I miss the Rosedon already.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jecoa T, Director of Rooms at Rosedon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear PinaColadacravings,

Thank you for recommending Rosedon and for taking the time to write this review. From the court yard pool and balconies to the elegant wooden entrance door, all of your compliments of the Rosedon Hotel giving you a Hollywood glam vibe is overjoying to read. Thank you for also acknowledging our staff, our service, and Huckleberry restaurant. Your admiration of the property grounds is greatly appreciated as we up keep all of our garden areas daily. Also, thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your bathroom although we're glad to know it is clean and dated. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We have recently returned from a 12 night stay at the Rosedon Hotel. We chose the Rosedon due to its location and the fact it was a traditional and smaller property. It did not disappoint. It is a beautiful property and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were so well looked after. We were greeted on arrival and taken to check in where we were served a rum swizzle and cool towel which was welcome after our journey from the UK. We were then shown to our room which was traditionally decorated and was clean and spacious and had everything we needed in it. The bed was so comfortable and the room was so quiet. The gardens surrounding the hotel are beautiful and so well maintained. It was so peaceful sitting by the pool in the afternoon and listening to the birds singing in such lovely surroundings. We took our breakfast out on the hotel veranda each morning though you could have it delivered to your room or by the pool. We were a little worried about our food options being vegan but we were well catered for. The oatmeal with almond milk and the avocado crush were delicious. The Rosedon is situated only a short walk from the ferry terminal and bus stops so is ideal for exploring the island. All of the staff were so lovely and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We also loved being greeted by Owen the cat who is such a cutie. We were really sad when the time came to leave and can honestly say this was one of the best holidays we have had. We do hope to return again in the near future.

Date of stay: September 2018
Jecoa T, Director of Rooms at Rosedon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear elmlancs,

Thank you for choosing Rosedon for your choice of stay on your visit to Bermuda and for also taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are excited to have exceeded your expectations. It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you upon arrival and offer you our welcome amenities, especially our authentically local rum swizzle. Reading your heartfelt comments is truly outstanding knowing we were able to provide you a peaceful and memorable holiday. Thank you for also recognizing our staff. Our entire team strive to go over and beyond in providing exceptional service. Having you stay with us was a treasure and we hope to be able to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

The Rosedon is a wonderful hotel with spectacular staff, elegant and comfortable rooms and a pool that is perfect for a relaxing swim. The grounds are lovely and filled with beautiful plants and trees.

Olga and Marie, the receptionists, are intelligent and were happy to see us for our 4th visit. We received a “welcome back” complimentary bottle of wine, along with a note welcoming us back to The Rosedon and suggesting we call them for any needs.

The bellmen are also friendly, efficient and hard-working.

The housekeeping staff does a great job of keeping the rooms immaculate and stocked with plenty of towels, pillows and Keurig pods.

The hotel is on the edge of Hamilton and is close to shops, restaurants, the bus station and the ferry to Docklands.

Go to the Rosedon. You will return!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jecoa T, Director of Rooms at Rosedon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Jodi N,

We appreciate you taking the time to share such amazing feedback on our hotel facilities and grounds. Thank you so much for recognizing our staff. We continue to take pride in our service and are constantly doing what ever is needed to ensure all of our guest experience an unforgettable stay. Olga and Michelle will be ecstatic to read your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your special amenities upon your return, it is always a pleasure having you back with us. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

This was my second trip to Bermuda and my second stay at the Rosedon. My first stay was so enjoyable that I knew I wanted to stay there again. It was everything I remembered and even better this time! My room overlooked the pool and was quiet with a great view of the gardens and the sunset. With the new restaurant Huckleberry which was not there on my first visit, I had the option of complete meal service. The menu has a good variety of selections and my meals were top notch - both in presentation and taste. A highlight was tea in the afternoon on the front porch. A great setting. The hotel is in a great location and it was so easy to walk a few blocks to Hamilton for shopping and the waterfront. The ferry is also close and that is handy for getting to other parts of the island. I think that the most important thing for me was that the Rosedon is welcoming and since I was traveling alone, I felt comfortable being there. Always helpful, the staff was able to give me information on the places that I wanted to see and provided a schedule of events that would be happening that day. I am totally looking forward to another visit.....and another stay at the Rosedon!!!

Room tip: Rooms around the pool/gardens are quiet. They have balconies or patios so that you can sit outside your room as well as by the pool.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear mlw811,

Warm greetings from the Rosedon.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your second visit to Bermuda and for sharing this glowing review. It was an absolute delight having the opportunity to serve you again and we are very pleased to read your most recent stay was even better than the first. It's great to know our location was of much comfort and convenience to you and that you also relished our gardens and pool. Our Huckleberry team are thrilled you enjoyed your first experience with our new restaurant, thank you very much for noting both the menu and meals as top notch. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Rosedon. See you when you return.

Warm Regards,