“Had very good time. Would rebook again.”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Bedroom
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
St Peters Royal Chapel
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Destinati...
“Had very good time. Would rebook again.”
Reviewed 10 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Cute Little Cottage. Was convenient to all attractions. Only negative was, was unable to get any TV or DVD player. Cottage had a lot of DVD movies & that would have been nice, if no other TV option. Also, would also been nice if ice maker worked, or if not could have had ice cube trays, & also could use more face cloths in bath. Other than that, was pleased with stay.

riwandere...
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Great Location in St. George's”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Really cute cottage on quiet side street but close to everything in St. George's. Nice kitchen and bathroom with "fun" shower. Living room needed a chair or loveseat in addition to daybed/futon. Private outside area but needed new chaise lounges -- nice bistro table and 2 chairs, though. My husband and I stayed with our grown daughter and very much enjoyed this rental. Will definitely rebook in the future

Travelling group: Extended Family
Erika S
“Perfect relaxing getaway - could not have been happier.”
Reviewed 11 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Hamilton, Bermuda. Now, 20 years and two kids on, we were looking for a quiet place to just relax and enjoy the beauty of the island. Threadneedle cottage was all that and more. We were met at the airport by Mike, who gave us a tour of St. George's island on our way to the cottage, detailing the ways to get to the different sights and beaches. When we got to the cottage, he showed us where all the instructions for the cottage were (right in the back of the guest book) and how to use everything. He was so helpful and asked us to please call him with any question - no matter how trivial. And when we did call, he answered right away and was able to help us. Thanks, Mike! The cottage didn't have a phone that I saw - but almost all US cell plans have an international service you can sign up for temporarily that lets you use your phone in Bermuda. Which we did with no problem.
St. George is a lovely, quiet, welcoming town. No bustle, no rush. I didn't see a working clock the whole time we were there (not that I was looking hard) - and it was wonderful! The beaches are a 10-minute walk away, or you could rent a scooter or take the beach bus. We opted for walking - with scenery this beautiful, who wants to miss it? Our favorite place was Tobacco Bay, a sheltered little lagoon that you can effortlessly float in, or bring along your goggles and some breadcrumbs to see and feed the beautiful, eager reef fish that will cluster around you when they see you with food.
The restaurants on the opposite shore are even closer to the cottage, with delicious food. Or there's an equally close fully stocked grocery store if you feel like dining in. Little shops are up and down the waterline, if you like shopping.
But after all that, it is perfect to come back to Threadneedle Cottage. Charmingly decorated, with an open feel, the whole thing was neat as a pin when we arrived. I'm sure if I had inspected with white gloves I might have found something - anyone who's stayed at a beach house knows the impossibility of keeping sand and the occasional flying critter out completely. But I know very few *real* houses that are as sterile as a hotel room. :) To the right, a beautifully appointed kitchen with a professional Viking range. To the left, a comfy daybed (with a trundle bed underneath) in the living room and scores of movies available. Although we didn't watch any - who comes all the way to Bermuda to watch TV? There's also free wi-fi, not as fast as at home, but again, why come to paradise to hang about on your electronic devices? The bedroom was beautiful, with plenty of dresser space and space to hang clothes. The bed was super comfortable. And the shower! A decadent multi-spray shower system with rainfall, waterfall, sidespray, or showerhead. A true temptation in a place where you know you should be careful with the water. Outside the house is a small fenced yard, with a gas grill, deck, and patio table. And of course, it's painted in one of the traditional pastels with the beautiful white stepped roof.
As you amble around the winding and charmingly named paths (Needle & Thread Alley, Printer's Alley, Old Maid's Lane) you feel that you've stepped back in time - or maybe out of time entirely. Which was exactly what my husband and I needed. We returned home refreshed and eager to make another trip to 'our' cottage, soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The relaxing, welcoming feel of the house - and the people!
Liked least: leaving :)
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1234faste...
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Julian should be ashamed”
Reviewed 28 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Shame on you Julian! Your behavior was totally unacceptable and of all Cottage amenities, only electricity and running water were accurate. You showed NO concern for your renters!

Anyone planning to rent this property, please beware.

Julian did not respond at all or on a timely basis to all critical questions:
No response to my 2 emails requesting information about transportation to the cottage. My call to his phone number led to a a message that the phone number was not available.

I contacted Trip Advisor who had the same problems!

Three days before arrival, Julian finally emailed, saying that he’d arrange for a driver to pick us up as the Cottage is difficult to find. I gave him our flight number/arrival information. I asked for a local phone number, no response.

The driver did NOT show! We had no local phone number, no address for the house, and no name for the driver. I had to email Julian since his phone did not work.

1st email response: “He should be outside arrivals with a sign, I have not heard back from him so I have to assume he has forgot.”

2nd email response: “If you do not hear back from me in the next 10 mins we have to assume something has gone awry. In that case please jump in a taxi.” Julian then proceeded to give the detailed instructions I asked for in the first place!

I missed these because we were leaving the now closing airport. Phone calls from him came from an unrecognizable phone number — not his. And no message was left. We had found a driver and, using the Trip-advisor map, managed to find the cottage.

The couple there to let us in was leaving, assuming we were not coming. They told us the Julian’s driver had not been as reliable as of late, and Julian WAS IN ENGLAND!

The Cottage had none of the information/services promised.
The couple had no advice re: things to do/see, responding vaguely “Oh, there are lots of things here.” The only thing they did know was how to turn off the cooker (oven). After they left, we found:

No map of the town (a junk drawer full of tourist information)
No cell phone for local calls
No directions to an ATM or grocery store
No emergency information — police, fire, hospital, ambulance, etc.
No smoke detector
No basic information about the house — air conditioner, dishwasher, cistern, technology, etc.

What we did find: non-working ceiling fan, broken wall switch, struggling AC.

Technology was not working, slow or non-existent.
WiFi was slow or did not connect at all: The couple confessed they were technologically inept and could not help. I sent an email to Julian — his response the next day:

“Try to reset the router by unplugging and reporting it up. I assume you are receiving a signal? Also confirm you are using the correct network, written on a piece of paper inside the media cabinet... I believe there are two networks, threadneedle and Threadneedle, one of which is a ghost network.”

Which one is the ghost? No response.

No television reception. There were 5 different remotes, but none for the TV. The couple said we were to use the DVD player instead and, yet again, no instructions.

No cell phone for local calls. The couple expressed surprise that there was ever a phone. Julian’s response:

“If the phone is not in the drawer and is not anywhere obvious (perhaps in the media cabinet) then I can only assume it has been accidentally removed by a previous guest which has happened a couple of times. I will ask Mike (a friend) to look into it, though unfortunately that will not help you much.”

He followed up by saying that he had discontinued service as it had been abused in the past and suggested that we purchase a sim card!

The Cottage was dirty: A filthy tower fan for supplementing the AC, spider webs in the bathroom over the bed, spider eggs next to the bathroom door; TV cabinet so dusty it took my breath away,

My parting words to Julian:
After the driver debacle, Julian responded “I’m glad you are settled now and hope it does not detract from your time in Bermuda.”

Julian, It not only detracted, it foreshadowed the entire experience with your property: dismal, deficient & disappointing.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
riwandere...
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Nice cottage convenient to all St. George's charms.”
Reviewed 25 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Cottage is located close to everything to do in St. George's, as well as bus to Hamilton. End of April ferry service to the Dockyard begins. Nice bathroom (fun shower) and great kitchen that meets all your needs if you choose to cook breakfast or other meals. Nice garden area with high top table and 2 stools. Two lounge chairs too old to use so needed a couple new chairs or chaises. Great to have washer and dryer. Very enjoyable stay and will definitely go back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing